Freaking Out!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cdmoses6

Freaking Out!!!

#1 Post by cdmoses6 »

I had an adjustment yesterday, and my ortho asked me if there was anything that was bothering me. I told him I felt like one of my front teeth was slanted. He looked for a bit, had me show him which direction I thought it was slanted, and then he removed and repositioned the bracket. At first I was thrilled because this is something that has been bothering me for a while! Now this morning, not even 24 hours after my adjustment I am horrified. :shock:

When I first got up, I noticed the tooth had already moved. There was a noticeable difference and I was pretty happy. But now, from running my tongue across my teeth, I can tell there is definitely something wrong. My two front teeth are now overlapping!!!! Agh, what?! WHY??!!??!!

I am praying that over the next 5 weeks they'll work themselves out, but my mind is racing! What if this messes up my whole top arch! What if the end of my treatment is significantly delayed from this! Did my ortho see this coming?? Is he trying to teach me a lesson about making my own treatment suggestions or something?? I dont know, I'm just totally freaking out! Please help!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

LittleSern

Re: Freaking Out!!!

#2 Post by LittleSern »

Ok, take a deep breath. :) this is a very minor issue that can easily be fixed by your ortho at any time if it doesn't resolve itself. Just as quickly as you saw the overlap develop it can be undone with a minor tweak. If it's really bothering you, call up your ortho and ask him to take a look - he might make another tweak for you right away.

I had a similar thing happen where my ortho was trying to move one of my front teeth down so he repositioned the bracket. The next morning that tooth was even higher than it was before. I emailed my ortho a picture and he said to come in again the next day so he could reposition it again.

In summary: no big deal, but if it's not something you can wait on ask your ortho to take a look.

Bracesat57

#3 Post by Bracesat57 »

I would call your orthodontist right away and not let that tooth rotate any more than necessary. It is a waste of time and counterproductive at this point in your treatment.
I had a tooth that got disengaged from the wire and it put my treatment back one month. My orthodontist said I should have called and come in for a checkup as soon as I saw that tooth was going rogue.

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

Dougsey

#4 Post by Dougsey »

One time, my ortho put a bend in the wire and within a few days it was real obvious that the movement taking place
was not what was desired, so they had me come in and she totally agreed and changed things again.

I didn't want to wait until my next regular appt, because it was so obviously wrong and I dislike wasting time!

Maybe give it a few days and email a pic if it's not any better.
Click HERE for my journal

cdmoses6

#5 Post by cdmoses6 »

Thanks for the advice everyone!! I will give it a few days, and if I don't see any improvement I will contact my ortho and let them know what's up. It's so stressful being this close to the end of treatment to imagine having this cause a setback! I hope they aren't annoyed by me! :oops: I just want my teeth to look as good as possible given the nearly $6,000 I've got to shell out!

metalliKa

#6 Post by metalliKa »

Since I am so close to debracing, at my last adjustment, my ortho said that in the interim if I'm not satisfied with anything to give him a call. Well, yesterday, I was inspecting my teeth and noticed that a tiny gap had formed on my lower left between my canine and lateral. It's not too noticeable but I gave my ortho a call anyway and he said to go in.

For ease of mind, call your ortho. He would rather you take care of it right away then wait and set back your debracing.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

cdmoses6

#7 Post by cdmoses6 »

**UPDATE**

I went back in to my ortho's office yesterday afternoon. I was extremely nervous because I didn't want to seem like a pest, but I knew I wouldn't feel better unless I went in. Everything went great! My ortho was in a very chipper mood and was joking and asking me about my birthday plans (May 28th!). He had the assistant make some bends in the wire to try and get that tooth back where it should be. He then told me that if I still don't like it I can always come back in and they'll make more adjustments. So yay! My next appointment is already scheduled for June 8th, so hopefully my tooth falls back in line by then anyway :)

emily0709

#8 Post by emily0709 »

Glad to hear it all worked out.

I had an adjustment on Monday, and here it is not 3 days later and it looks like all my top teeth have shifted to one side. :shock: I may be just looking at them too much. It's def been painful. I'm giving it another day ...