Braced at 42

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beckett

Re: Braced at 42

#46 Postby Beckett » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:25 am

Dumbest idea ever...having an appointment the day before I leave on a trip. A couple of new bends, some steel ties, and stronger elastics mean traveling pain! Good news is I'm getting so close, just very minor tweaking to get everything to fit just right. They've ordered the fitting for their drill that gives the nice little V shape between the corners of your teeth to do some reshaping when I'm done. I'm getting excited and hope they are off before my big trip in mid October!

Beckett

#47 Postby Beckett » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Monday might be the day! Everything is fitting well, nothing is knocking into another tooth and feeling weird, that has all been fixed with the subtle adjustments the parter at the ortho offic has done. I can honesty say if they take them off Monday I will be happy. They have booked extra appointment time just in case I'm ready.

I never did manage to upload any pictures here. I don't have any stored anywhere online so I'm not sure I can get any uploaded. I was really good about taking photos every adjustment in the beginning, but once everything straightened out I kinda slacked off.

Speckla

#48 Postby Speckla » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:14 pm

This is me. I'm 42 and had my uppers placed on the 7th and will have the lower placed on the 29th. Hooray for straight teeth so I can get partial dentures on the left side (many missing teeth upper and lower).

Beckett

#49 Postby Beckett » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:44 pm

So last Monday was not the day, ortho said since we had made changes the previous appointment he wanted to give me a couple more weeks with no changes just to let everything settle to make sure things will stay as we've adjusted when they do come off. So, barring anything out of the ordinary, my debonding date is October 2nd. Now I feel myself over-analyzing every single little thing, every tooth that touches another, every movement in every bite. Am I really ready? Are my teeth really perfect enough? Will I learn to talk around the new teeth positions so those two front teeth on the right will stop clashing now and then when I pronounce certain words? It's done that in that one spot off and on for the last 6 months or so.

But the other part of me is like HOORAY! I'm so ready. I'm looking forward to be able to laugh and talk for a long time with people without the insides of my cheeks and lips feeling sore from rubbing so much. I'm looking forward to not snapping myself in the lip with a rogue elastic. I'm looking forward to not needing to pick food out from under wires after eating virtually anything.

Return to “Our Braces Stories”