28 years old and in Damon Braces - see my progress!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittleSern

Re: 28 years old and in Damon Braces - see my progress!

#31 Post by LittleSern »

Thank you Tilly! I just had another appt today and we're getting closer! Last time he moved the distal side of my front big tooth out a bit and I definitely noticed a difference in the way it looks. Today, he is moving my left lateral tooth down a step to try to match the other side. I hadn't noticed the unevenness at all until he pointed it out today! He was going to move my right canine up a step again (in the pic's thats the one on the left side of the pic), but he decided he wanted to wait and see how everything looks after today's adjustment. Next time, we'll take pictures to assess how everything looks. I'm thinking I'll be out of braces in 2 or three weeks!!

Here is a pic from before the adjusted wire was put in and now (about 6 hours later). You can see the tooth has definitely already come down.

SinkFullOfDinner

#32 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

we're getting closer! Last time he moved the distal side of my front big tooth out a bit]
You must be getting really close, because you're using terms like "distal," which I still have to think about. However, you're still using terms like "my front big tooth," which probably means that your ortho will keep you around longer than those 2-3 wks until you get the vocab down pat! Looking good!

LittleSern

#33 Post by LittleSern »

Haha, yes, I think I just got lazy there.. I think it would be called the distal side of my upper left central incisor :).

LittleSern

#34 Post by LittleSern »

Had another appt yesterday. We were going to take pictures to see what else we had left to do, but it was pretty obvious that my U1 L Maxillary Incisor (upper first front tooth on left) was a bit in front of the right one, so he made a small tweak to get that in line. The plan is to see where we are next week - if things look good we will take pictures at that time and figure out what else we have left to do. He said he wants to take pics when it seems like it's perfect so that we can use the pictures to assess any minor details that weren't visible with the naked eye.

Here are some pics I took after my visit, and some older pics from the first year of treatment for comparison. I dunno... I kinda feel like my front two teeth look shorter than before and I don't really like that. I feel like they need to be a little bit lower in relation to the teeth around them. What do you all think?

Older pics:
From about a year ago:

After my appt yesterday:

LittleSern

#35 Post by LittleSern »

Just had another appt - we took pictures today to see what we want to change. We decided to move my canines a tiny bit up to see if that address the concerns I have with my smile arc. I'm still thinking I might want to move my front two teeth (upper maxillary central incisors) down a tiny bit. What do you think?

Since we took more pics today, I put together before and current pics for comparison.
Top: Before braces
Middle: Day braces were put on
Bottom: Today's pics

Left is before, right is current

LittleSern

#36 Post by LittleSern »

Forgot to add a pic of my smile now. Do you think I need to move my central incisors down?

sandiego88

#37 Post by sandiego88 »

Are you anticipating to have a full class 1 bite by the end of treatment? My teeth were similar to yours at the beginning, but my bite hasn't corrected as well. I don't have much room to move, so my orthodontist is anticipating that I won't be a perfect class 1. Kind of disappointed.

LittleSern

#38 Post by LittleSern »

sandiego88 wrote:Are you anticipating to have a full class 1 bite by the end of treatment? My teeth were similar to yours at the beginning, but my bite hasn't corrected as well. I don't have much room to move, so my orthodontist is anticipating that I won't be a perfect class 1. Kind of disappointed.
No I don't think it'll be perfect by the end. I'm just weeks away from getting them off and you can see where my bite is. It's definitely not perfect but way better than before My TMJ pain has disappeared!

22at26

#39 Post by 22at26 »

Just wanted to see how things went and to find out if you are debraced yet?

noodles

#40 Post by noodles »

It's really cool going through this thread, congrats, the braces have done an amazing job! How do you feel about the facial changes, you have mentioned earlier (a lot earlier, page one :)) you have some concerns about them. But it looks like they've all been for the better, your profile looks great, and the fuller lip detail is a super nice bonus :)

LittleSern

#41 Post by LittleSern »

Wow, I just realized I never posted my results!! I'm going to upload them and link in a few minutes.

LittleSern

#42 Post by LittleSern »

Ok, here are some pictures from during treatment, right before deband, and after deband. The biggest difference is noticeable in the frontal face picture. Less gummy smile. As for the facial changes, yes, I still notice them. My face definitely looks more gaunt than it used to be, but my family tells me they don't notice it. I do, though.

During treatment:

Right before deband:

During treatment:

Deband:

Face Before and During braces:

Face after Deband:

Beth8987

#43 Post by Beth8987 »

Thank you for posting your results. I met with an orthodontist yesterday. My overbite looks almost identical to your "before". I have been skeptical that braces alone could fix mine. But, I also have something called "short anterior face"-I think you look great. My orthodontist told me that he specifically tries to keep the two upper front teeth long (like you want), so the smile will have a curve to it. I think he accomplishes that by placing the brackets on the front two teeth very high.