My Damon Clear Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

27braces88

My Damon Clear Story!

#1 Post by 27braces88 »

I got my damon clear braces yesterday. First thoughts - I hate them. But I know it'll be worth it in the long run.

Orthodontist says it'll be about 12 months which I guess isn't so bad. One day down, 364 to go!
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NeilH

Re: My Damon Clear Story!

#2 Post by NeilH »

Hello and welcome to the braces club! Don't worry, you will soon get used to them and once you see your teeth starting to straighten, will start to love your braces, well maybe 'love' is a little strong but you will know what I mean when you get there. Good luck and remember to post updates often.

27braces88

#3 Post by 27braces88 »

Thanks! I really looking forward to seeing how my teeth change over the next few months :)

27braces88

#4 Post by 27braces88 »

Yesterday marked one whole week in braces. Here are my first progress pics, not much to see but slight changes :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27braces88

#5 Post by 27braces88 »

Bottom teeth

metalliKa

#6 Post by metalliKa »

Welcome! The first few months need major adjustment, but like you said, it'll be worth it. And your teeth already have a nice shape to them so they'll be even better after braces.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

nitro

#7 Post by nitro »

How has the first week gone? Is there anything that has surprised you about it? What aspects weren't as bad as you thought they'd be?

27braces88

#8 Post by 27braces88 »

First week was ok. I didn't tell anyone at work that I was getting them done and I work in an office of 200 people so that was weird. I don't know what I expected but everyone has been really cool. I'm slowly getting over the oh my god what have I done stage and getting used to them. I read on here that I will be the only one that cares and I've realised that's probably true.

Eating was tough for a few days but I'm pretty much back to normal now. So all good I guess. The first few days I definitely didn't expect to be so cool about in just 8 days in.

onwardsandupwards

#9 Post by onwardsandupwards »

Glad to hear you're already feeling much more comfortable with your braces! Good luck with them, the next 12 months will fly by! I am sure you will notice changes happening very soon :D

Ladywithbraces1

#10 Post by Ladywithbraces1 »

Hi! I got my Damon Clear on Oct 8. I'm not far behind you. What I dislike about the clear: they are considerably larger than the metal version and not nearly as invisable as one is lead to believe. Instead of looking like I have braces, I just look like I have ugly, gaping teeth. If I could change the clear brackets and I may mention it to the ortho on next visit.

Uptown Girl

#11 Post by Uptown Girl »

My bottom teeth were crooked too and I used to run my tongue along them wishing they were smooth and flat at the back. It didn't take long before they were in line and I still marvel at the smoothness. I was amazed at how quickly those teeth moved and you will be too.

lilyflower

#12 Post by lilyflower »

Uptown Girl wrote:My bottom teeth were crooked too and I used to run my tongue along them wishing they were smooth and flat at the back. It didn't take long before they were in line and I still marvel at the smoothness. I was amazed at how quickly those teeth moved and you will be too.
That's really the worst part about bottom crowding the tongue pain. I would accidentally scrape mine in my sleep and wake up with a cut from it. Ouch!
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

27braces88

#13 Post by 27braces88 »

Yeah I am really surprised how quickly the bottom teeth are straightening out. Even today they are much better than the last photo I posted. I have my first check up on the 5th November and really think they will show significant improvement by then.

Top teeth are aggravatingly slow, but I guess that's because they're the ones I care about the most. Definitely seeing improvement though.

Ah Ladywithbraces1 how are you finding it? Glad someone is going through the same thing as me! I know what you mean about them being visible, I don't know why people said that people didn't notice. I think it's pretty obvious!

lilyflower

#14 Post by lilyflower »

kirstytrash wrote:First week was ok. I didn't tell anyone at work that I was getting them done and I work in an office of 200 people so that was weird. I don't know what I expected but everyone has been really cool. I'm slowly getting over the oh my god what have I done stage and getting used to them. I read on here that I will be the only one that cares and I've realised that's probably true.

Eating was tough for a few days but I'm pretty much back to normal now. So all good I guess. The first few days I definitely didn't expect to be so cool about in just 8 days in.
I think that's the biggest concern as an adult "What will everyone think?" What if they see, blah blah blah. Like you said, I think WE worry about it more than others.

I have Invisalign but haven't told everyone only because I'm at the start of treatment and want to see how noticeable it is to other people. The people I've told said they can't notice it all - even with a large number of attachments. (I have 21 total!)

I do work with people who've gone the full traditional metal braces route and didn't think any less of them but I didn't feel like I had the confidence to pull that off personally. (And also was concerned about looking "too young" as I'm in a field where I'm generally interacting as a peer with people 15+ years older than I am)
The problems:
Lower crowding, a slightly rotated upper canine and a deep bite

Invisalign G5 started Oct 12, 2015
Attachments: 21
Total number of trays: 28 upper, 38 lower
Estimated treatment time: 18 months
Follow my progress http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=49130

27braces88

#15 Post by 27braces88 »

I thought it was time for some progress pictures. Here is Day 1 vs 3 Weeks :D
Unknown.png
Progress.png