My Damon Clear Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

27braces88

Re: My Damon Clear Story!

#46 Post by 27braces88 »

I have my next adjustment on the 12th. At my last adjustment he mentioned canine hook so I'm guessing the dreaded elastics are coming :(

My bottom teeth are pretty flared too so I'm going to mention that. Will update in a few weeks.

Lovelyteeth

#47 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Congrats on hitting the half way mark. Wow they look fantastic. I so hear you when you say you can't believe you left it so long. I wish I did this a really long time ago! Oh well onwards and upwards.
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

27braces88

#48 Post by 27braces88 »

So the elastics didn't come yesterday which I'm super happy about. Wires were both upgrades upper is now 18 x 25 and lower I think is 14 x 25.

It's a 10 minute drive from my dentist to my house and my teeth were already hurting by the time I got home and have been constantly aching since. Pain is good right? My bottom teeth were still a bit crooked but pretty much straightened out by the time I went to bed.

I also had my bite turbos filed down a bit which is great as they were getting pretty annoying, one of them was much bigger than the other and I was constantly aware of it. I can't imagine what it will be like when they're gone!

I don't have to go back for another 8 weeks, which seems like a long time but I have a little holiday to Italy between now and then so that'll break it up a bit :)

onwardsandupwards

#49 Post by onwardsandupwards »

Your teeth are looking awesome!! After only 6 months you must be delighted :D Don't worry too much about elastics, they are sore initially but personally I didn't find it much worse than getting a thicker wire & after 3 or 4 days I was back to eating normally! Plus it means the end is that little bit closer... :dance:

Lovelyteeth

#50 Post by Lovelyteeth »

It's amazing how things can move in a matter of hours. That's fantastic. I am scared about elastics too! Hopefully your teeth will settle in a few days. A trip to Italy now I'm really jealous. Tell me you will be going to the Amalfi Coast. lol

27braces88

#51 Post by 27braces88 »

onwardsandupwards wrote:Your teeth are looking awesome!! After only 6 months you must be delighted :D Don't worry too much about elastics, they are sore initially but personally I didn't find it much worse than getting a thicker wire & after 3 or 4 days I was back to eating normally! Plus it means the end is that little bit closer... :dance:
Thanks! I'm totally ready to be done now. I'm so bored of getting food stuck in my braces. I said to my boyfriend the other day 'Just imagine how good it will be when I don't spend half an hour after every meal picking food out of my teeth", his response was "Don't worry I'm used to it" which made me feel pretty gross!! Haha

Just had a look at your page, your teeth look great. I feel we're both at pretty much the same stage, the big straightening movements are over, now we're on bite improvements.
Lovelyteeth wrote:It's amazing how things can move in a matter of hours. That's fantastic. I am scared about elastics too! Hopefully your teeth will settle in a few days. A trip to Italy now I'm really jealous. Tell me you will be going to the Amalfi Coast. lol
They're still hurting today, struggled to eat the peas with my mushy jacket potato last night! No, not the Amalfi Coast I'm afraid, we're heading for 4 days in Venice and 4 days in Florence. One of the great things about living in the UK is that the rest of Europe in only an hour away, perhaps the Amalfi Coast will be next :D

Lovelyteeth

#52 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Oh you are so lucky. Venice and Florence how fantastic. Unfortunately for me a trip to Europe is at least a 24 hour flight!

27braces88

#53 Post by 27braces88 »

This weekend marks 7 months in braces. The stronger wires have moved my teeth quite a bit in the last two weeks. The one thing that is still really bugging me is my right lateral incisor. It's still not rotated as much as it should be - but we're getting there slowly. 5 months to go!
Top.jpg
Bottom.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lovelyteeth

#54 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Looking great. Things are progressing nicely for you.

27braces88

#55 Post by 27braces88 »

Today I learnt that you shouldn't try to bite into lollypops :shock:

2nd time I've knocked off a bracket, my ortho is going to love me in the morning.
photo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carrieann

#56 Post by carrieann »

27braces88 wrote:Today I learnt that you shouldn't try to bite into lollypops :shock:

2nd time I've knocked off a bracket, my ortho is going to love me in the morning.
photo.jpg
How did you break a bracket? I figure it will help to know how they can break to avoid it! Your teeth look AMAZING!

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

carrieann

#57 Post by carrieann »

carrieann wrote:
27braces88 wrote:Today I learnt that you shouldn't try to bite into lollypops :shock:

photo.jpg
How did you break a bracket? I figure it will help to know how they can break to avoid it! Your teeth look AMAZING!
OK I see it now, lollipop!

Class I bite, Crowding, Ant/Post Crossbite Tendency
18-20 months
Damon ceramic upper, metal lower

Tiche

#58 Post by Tiche »

A year is nothing, it'll go fast :) GL

27braces88

#59 Post by 27braces88 »

carrieann wrote:OK I see it now, lollipop!
Yep, when I was attempting to crunch it I knew it was a bad idea. I think I've just become a bit too relaxed with my braces now. I eat everything I shouldn't! I got it glued back on today, but lied to the dentist about what it was because I knew I'd get told off haha.

Tiche wrote:A year is nothing, it'll go fast GL
Thanks, we're getting there :D

27braces88

#60 Post by 27braces88 »

Someone else in my office got braces today :jump:

One of the big important director no less. He has absolutely no idea who I am but I really want to go and see them. I'm starting an office trend!

Has anyone else noticed since getting braces that so many other people are interested too. I think my friend's girlfriend is now convinced about getting braced too.