My Damon Clear Story!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oldfart

Re: My Damon Clear Story!

#61 Post by oldfart »

I don't think I have seen another adult Male in braces during the 2.5 years I had them. I did find someone in the office with invisalign, but thats not real braces ;).

Even five months post braces, I still have not seen metal/ceramic on another guy.

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

27braces88

#62 Post by 27braces88 »

Yesterday marked 8 months in braces. I had my adjustment today. My wires were both increased, I think to the biggest wire and I had my molar build ups removed! For the first time in 8 months I can bite together properly :D

I have to go back in two weeks to get the brackets on my canines changed to ones with hooks. Elastics are coming, although I'm feeling pretty positive for some reason. Ortho said that everything was looking good and it was now just my bite to fix. The end is in sight (it might be far away but it's there!).
Unknown.jpeg
This photo I had to put in black and white as it just looked terrible in colour. I only have an arch shot from 3 months unfortunately, but look how far I've come since then.
Arches_165.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blackwidow

#63 Post by blackwidow »

Those results are incredible! :shock:

27braces88

#64 Post by 27braces88 »

I got my elastics today :|

After all of the horror stories on here I was expecting them to be much worse that they are. I think they're relatively unnoticeable unless someone was staring at my teeth. I do feel like there is loads of pressure on my head though.

Do you get used to them or is it the same every time you change your bands?

Glhernan

#65 Post by Glhernan »

Hello, I am on day 3 of Damon Braces! Very minimal soreness today.

Munziez

#66 Post by Munziez »

[quote="27braces88"]I got my elastics today :|

After all of the horror stories on here I was expecting them to be much worse that they are. I think they're relatively unnoticeable unless someone was staring at my teeth. I do feel like there is loads of pressure on my head though.

Do you get used to them or is it the same every time you change your bands?[/quote]
Had elastics from the beginning (for class iii purposes). You definitely get use to it within a week. Occasionally you will feel pressure on the teeth that the rubber bands are attached to.

27braces88

#67 Post by 27braces88 »

Munziez wrote:Had elastics from the beginning (for class iii purposes). You definitely get use to it within a week. Occasionally you will feel pressure on the teeth that the rubber bands are attached to.
Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely feeling much better now. Thursday and Friday were killer, probably the worst braces pain so far. On Saturday my boyfriend actually said "Let's list all of the things you talked about last night. 1. How much your teeth hurt 2. Errrrmmm." I took that as a hint to shut up about it.

27braces88

9 Month Progress

#68 Post by 27braces88 »

Today marks 9 months in braces. I've been in elastics for two weeks and that's been absolutely fine. My bite has improved quite a bit since.

Here are some photos :)
Unknown copy.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
Bottom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

27braces88

#69 Post by 27braces88 »

I went for my adjustment yesterday and at the beginning pointed out all of the thing that I didn't like. My ortho is on top of it all and says everything will be evened out by the time either before my next appointment or after debarking. He said some of the issue are just the shape of my teeth so will make everything line up better/shape the teeth when I am debraced.

Before the end of the appointment I was going to ask how long he thinks I have left but before I could ask he said come back in four weeks and we will review taking them off!! He specifically said not that day but we can schedule it in, depending how everything looks.

My bite has improved significantly in the last month but he just wants to hold it in place for a bit longer to make sure that it doesn't just go back to how it was before.

But hopefully I'll be done by September, one month ahead of schedule!!!! :jump:

Lovelyteeth

#70 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Excellent progress. It's amazing huh how a wire can change things.
As each day passes I'm getting closer and closer to my dream smile.

27braces88

DEBRACING DATE

#71 Post by 27braces88 »

I HAVE A DEBRACING DATE! 3 weeks from now on the 1st September, which will make my total time in braces exactly 11 months, almost to the hour.

At my appointment he's going to debrace then I'm going to pop next door to get a clean and back to the ortho for some bonding, shaping and retainer fitting. He also suggested today that we discuss whitening options, I think there will be a discount in there somewhere.

I'm getting two permanent retainers and two removable. I'm going to see how I get on with the permanent ones for a while, I've heard bad things so will get them removed if I don't like them.

Yay :jump:

Lovelyteeth

#72 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Wow. How fantastic. Demanding in a few days. They look great. How long did you need to have elastics for altogether? I'm scared about them and they gave not been discussed as yet. Your teeth look so great. 11 months you lucky thing!

27braces88

#73 Post by 27braces88 »

Lovelyteeth wrote:Wow. How fantastic. Demanding in a few days. They look great. How long did you need to have elastics for altogether? I'm scared about them and they gave not been discussed as yet. Your teeth look so great. 11 months you lucky thing!
Thank you. Just three days to go!! It's weird, it's been the longest 11 months of my life, probably because I've been clock watching so much but at the same time it's gone really quickly.

I only had elastics for two months in the end, and honestly they were absolutely fine. Hurt like hell for the first two days then I forgot all about them. So much so that sometimes I forgot to put them back in and didn't notice because of how little I was aware of them. You'll be fine! :D

Lovelyteeth

#74 Post by Lovelyteeth »

Looking forward to seeing some pics once the bling is removed.

onwardsandupwards

#75 Post by onwardsandupwards »

I'm so excited for you!! Your teeth are looking great :jump: Looking forward to seeing your brand new smile sans braces :wink: