My Damon Clear braces journey!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Re: My Damon Clear braces journey!

#31 Post by NeilH »

What a really super result, congratulations!

cconant1833

#32 Post by cconant1833 »

Wow they look amazing! Congrats!!

I am absolutely dreading the part where the sand the glue off! The smells and the noise :yuck:

SingleJawMelb

#33 Post by SingleJawMelb »

Looks like you have zero need for whitening :D looked after your teeth well

ItsNever2Late

#34 Post by ItsNever2Late »

:jump: :dance: :jump: :dance: Your teeth look absolutely amazing & I'm so glad I found your thread. You have honestly given me some hope that I too can make it these next 15 months. I just got my braces put on today and already ,y inner lips have been scratched, swelled, I have even bitten my lips trying to chew past the brackets & worst yet on wire on my lowers have come undone. Seeing your pics have inspired me to keep going. Thanks and enjoy your beautiful new smile. You deserve it!!

onwardsandupwards

#35 Post by onwardsandupwards »

NeilH wrote:What a really super result, congratulations!
Thanks so much Neil! I am so delighted. I hope all is good with you!
cconant1833 wrote:Wow they look amazing! Congrats!!

I am absolutely dreading the part where the sand the glue off! The smells and the noise :yuck:
Thank you! Don't worry about it - when you're in the chair and you know you're about to have shiny braceless teeth, it makes all the minor unpleasantness SO worth it (plus it's over really quickly!)
SingleJawMelb wrote:Looks like you have zero need for whitening :D looked after your teeth well
Thank you! I'm really glad I don't have any stains. I was very meticulous with my brushing & flossing throughout so I'm glad it paid off! I gotta give quite a bit of credit to the nurse who did my post-debonding polish, too :wink:
ItsNever2Late wrote::jump: :dance: :jump: :dance: Your teeth look absolutely amazing & I'm so glad I found your thread. You have honestly given me some hope that I too can make it these next 15 months. I just got my braces put on today and already ,y inner lips have been scratched, swelled, I have even bitten my lips trying to chew past the brackets & worst yet on wire on my lowers have come undone. Seeing your pics have inspired me to keep going. Thanks and enjoy your beautiful new smile. You deserve it!!
I'm so glad my posts have helped give you a boost! That is exactly what I loved about this forum when I joined, too. When I was feeling really low it really helped to read everyone else's stories and see the amazing progress pics! Your time for de-bonding will be here before you know it, after the first 3-4 months the time just seems to disappear! Your mouth will quickly toughen up but don't feel afraid to use wax in the meantime if it gets really sore - it's not worth dealing with the ulcers! Good luck with the rest of your journey :heart:

Today I had impressions taken for my removable retainers which I will go and pick up in a weeks time. A couple of weeks post de-bonding and I'm still feeling sooo delighted with my new smile. I feel so happy to be able to smile freely and proudly! Also having your photo taken and seeing your shiny new smile and not the big bulky brackets and elastics is AMAZING!!

I'm looking forward to getting my removable retainers and seeing how I get on with those. I'll post an update again soon about that! The permanent retainers are doing a fabulous job keeping things in place. I'm also completely used to them now which is a relief and my tongue has finally stopped playing with them at every opportunity :roll:

Hope you are all well :heart:

Bondja57

#36 Post by Bondja57 »

Congrats! Just had my Damons removed yesterday. Wearing my Essix now. Glad the first part of the journey is over!