Frustrated–No Movement

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

roadmap9

Frustrated–No Movement

#1 Post by roadmap9 »

Hello all,

I am getting frustrated with my teeth because they aren't moving like they are supposed to! I have a powerchain on my upper teeth for like one year to close a gap between my right lateral incisor and canine but so far it's not closing. Also the midline is not align from the middle of my nose, so when I smile it looks my teeth is shifting more to the left. Grrrr... what else is there to do? My debrace is supposed to be Nov 15 and I am worried that I won't make the date.

And you can see that there is some flaring of my incisors too from the side, is it possible to make them perpendicular even though my teeth look overcrowed? :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ItsFreyja

Re: Frustrated–No Movement

#2 Post by ItsFreyja »

I hate to be unhelpful, but these are all questions for your ortho! What has he/she said?

metalliKa

#3 Post by metalliKa »

Yes, it's best to communicate your concerns to your ortho. I didn't read your whole braces journey from the beginning, but I am understanding from different sources that flaring is probably a direct result of not having enough arch to accommodate your teeth where some teeth should have been extracted.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

13july

#4 Post by 13july »

[quote="roadmap9"]Hello all,

I am getting frustrated with my teeth because they aren't moving like they are supposed to! I have a powerchain on my upper teeth for like one year to close a gap between my right lateral incisor and canine but so far it's not closing. Also the midline is not align from the middle of my nose, so when I smile it looks my teeth is shifting more to the left. Grrrr... what else is there to do? My debrace is supposed to be Nov 15 and I am worried that I won't make the date.

And you can see that there is some flaring of my incisors too from the side, is it possible to make them perpendicular even though my teeth look overcrowed? :([/quote]

I never thought this was a possibility before coming on this forum!!