Newbie - Speech issues...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

helencoll26

Newbie - Speech issues...

#1 Post by helencoll26 »

Hi everyone.

So I'm new here and to braces. I'm 24 from Surrey I've just started my journey on getting a set back tooth on my upper arch bought forward.

Treatment process.
- Removable retainer for 4-6 mouths to create 3mm of space for the set back tooth
- Six month Smiles for about 4 mouths to bring forward.

I was excited to receive my retainer on Saturday morning... the excitement was short lived. I was expecting the speech to be horrific at the start and to be honest within a few hours the speech got a lot better but then the pain started. I've been dosing up religiously and I am able to bare it - I had my tonsils removed 2 years ago so I consider myself someone who can deal with a moderate amout of pain!! :roll:

However.. just concerned about my speech, I've woken up this morning and its worse than ever. I'm finding most words a challenge! Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, with speech improving then getting worse again?

jasv

Re: Newbie - Speech issues...

#2 Post by jasv »

How did you deal with it? Did it get better after a while?