Metal braces for a crowded, gummy smile

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kidolize

Re: Metal braces for a crowded, gummy smile

#76 Post by Kidolize »

[quote="13july"][quote="ItsFreyja"][quote="LittleSern"]First of all, I am blown away at how beautiful your smile looks! Awesome results!

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

1. What was the purpose of the clenching exercises?
2. I think I remember you being one of the people who noticed thinning of the face as well with braces. Since you got your braces off, have you noticed your face going back to normal at all?[/quote]Thanks LittleSern! I hope you'll be feeling a lot better about how your treatment is going after your next visit.

To answer your questions: The clenching exercises were to help intrude the upper teeth. I don't know how much difference they made vs. the braces alone, but I sure am pleased with the amount of incisor intrusion we achieved nonsurgically.

I'm also pleased with how my face looks, but I wish I had tried to quantify the facial changes I perceived since it's such a hot topic around here. I renewed my driver's license when my face was just about at its worst, and I renewed my passport just recently; the difference is quite noticeable to me. Between getting the molar buildups off, intruding teeth, and redeveloping my masseter muscles, I feel pretty good about my face now.[/quote]

Glad for you.. I heard from my orthodontist that weight gain camouflages vme well[/quote]

Hi! My face is getting thinner too and sag.. for how long did you wear your molar build ups? Im wearing braces for for almost 6mons. And my face look differently bad.. hipe you reply