Start of my Journey..

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lilwing7

Start of my Journey..

#1 Post by Lilwing7 »

Well, I am 23 years old. I have always had insecurities about smiling, wouldn't smile without covering it with a hand... I have eye teeth that look like vampire teeth.. I recently went to the ortho to find out I have class 2 malocclusions..

I will be getting braces after I have two molars removed so my eye teeth can be moved down. Does anyone have a similar case? Im curious to how long it will take. Not looking forward to this , but in the end it will all be worth it.

Lilwing7

Re: Start of my Journey..

#2 Post by Lilwing7 »

kelly88

#3 Post by kelly88 »

I don't have a similar experience to share but wanted to wish you luck with your journey :D

aspiromusings

#4 Post by aspiromusings »

Lilwing7 wrote:heres a pic ..http://tinypic.com/r/1zfla3d/8
My teeth are exactly the same! I have 2 upper canines that look like vampire fangs

That's not really why I'm getting braces though, i actually am quite attached to my vampire fangs hehe, I also have a class 2 Malocclusion overbite and bruxism, if I dont get braces I'll be lucky to have any bottom row teeth by the time im 40

I've only been in braces for about a month so far and have already seen a lot of movement, I have extractions coming up end of next week so I think a thicker wire will be put in after to close the gap

In terms of your question I was told that the bulk of the movement happens within the first few months for most people - HOWEVER I am not an orthodontist and this will differ from person to person

In any case braces have been a breeze so far - so long your trust your ortho go for it! the only thing I regret now is not starting earlier
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

Givemeariesen

#5 Post by Givemeariesen »

One of my canines is pretty high up in my gum line. My ortho didn't give it a name, but it has been slowly moving down a bit. I got braced January 15. My second adjustment is coming up next week. The incisor next to it that was pushed back has noticeably moved forward, and I still have an open coil spring across my bottom teeth that I can't wait to be rid of. It really rubs my lip. Hope all goes well with your brace journey!

Lilwing7

#6 Post by Lilwing7 »

Thanks for the responses!! I wish I started earlier, but its better now than never. I hate my teeth.

aspiromusings

#7 Post by aspiromusings »

Lilwing7 wrote:Thanks for the responses!! I wish I started earlier, but its better now than never. I hate my teeth.
On the day of my braces installation my orthodontist asked me "are you ready?", I said "yup, goodbye teeth!" she then said "remember, this is the worst they will ever look"

That hit me because its true!every single day we are in braces we are just that one step closer to straight healthy teeth! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

jhenry

#8 Post by jhenry »

Good luck. It will be worth it!

bez

#9 Post by bez »

Well if this is class 2 I must have class 4 or something. One of my canines is completely out of the arch and on top of the incisor.