How long until you started seeing movement?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Whitton2015

How long until you started seeing movement?

#1 Post by Whitton2015 »

Hey all,

Just joined this site today and glad that I can talk to others about everything brace related as I have so many questions. :)

Its been almost two weeks since ive got my clear ceramic braces on the top arch (bottoms will be put on on my next appointment) put on.

I know I'm being very eager but after watching tons and tons of videos online, some people were in and out of their braces within a year and others much longer.

How long was it before you started seeing movement??

My orthodontist said my top arch should be done within 6 months (although im not sure) and bottoms will take longer.

aspiromusings

Re: How long until you started seeing movement?

#2 Post by aspiromusings »

I saw movement within days but it can really vary from person to person, also some teeth move faster than others too, your ortho would be able to better estimate your treatment time at your next appointment
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

stephcsun

#3 Post by stephcsun »

after the 1st month I saw some minor improvements, but it wasn't anything very noticeable

mapleleafman888

#4 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I saw small changes only 5 days in. 9 weeks in the changes were a lot more obvious. The results will come don't worry.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdmoses6

#5 Post by cdmoses6 »

I got my braces just a little more than 3 weeks ago. I was kind of frustrated at first because I wanted progress and I wanted it now! lol Two weeks in I took pictures and you can actually see a tiny bit of difference! But you have to directly compare them to day one to tell anything. It has only been within the past few days that I have wire poking out the backs of my upper molar brackets. A sign of definite movement!!

As far as timelines go, I have seen people's teeth be straightened out within months, but they still have to continue another year or more because they have to correct their bite. Different for everybody! Good luck with your progress! :thumbsup:
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

Whitton2015

#6 Post by Whitton2015 »

Guys seriously thank you all so much!

It really helps speaking to others that are going or have been through the same.

Two weeks in and people at work have started noticing, when I didn't have braces this was my worst fear "what will people think", but alll comments have been positive and some have even opened up about their own stories when they had braces (as kids) and been giving me advise.

So I'm still geetting used to the idea of having them but I as with wverything, will take a lite time. I'm just being an 'eager beaver' as they say! :)

Whitton2015

#7 Post by Whitton2015 »

[quote="cdmoses6"]I got my braces just a little more than 3 weeks ago. I was kind of frustrated at first because I wanted progress and I wanted it now! lol Two weeks in I took pictures and you can actually see a tiny bit of difference! But you have to directly compare them to day one to tell anything. It has only been within the past few days that I have wire poking out the backs of my upper molar brackets. A sign of definite movement!!

As far as timelines go, I have seen people's teeth be straightened out within months, but they still have to continue another year or more because they have to correct their bite. Different for everybody! Good luck with your progress! :thumbsup:[/quote]

I feel exactly the same "I want progress now"! Haha

Well you're only a week ahead of me so keep me updated with your progress! Good luck to you too! :BigTeethGrin:

Bracesat57

#8 Post by Bracesat57 »

My friends started seeing movement around the 3 week mark. Funny, but I didn notice it.

I was obsessed with looking in the mirror so I guess it wasn't obvious to me.

So many of my friends also opened up to me about their brace story or how they wish they could put braces on their teeth now as adult.

I will be posting my 6 month pictures in the next few days. Lots of progress.

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

NeilH

#9 Post by NeilH »

I started seeing movement within the first couple of weeks. I didn't notice the teeth moving but the wire looked a lot straighter compared to the day it was installed. In subsequent months, the movements seemed a lot slower but a lot goes on behind the scenes that isn't immediately obvious, you just start noticing differences like a better bite, molars meeting, top teeth not covering the lower brackets etc.

newbite

#10 Post by newbite »

A few of my teeth moved really quickly (within a month) but it took about 5 months and a switch to a rectangular wire to get my dratted top front teeth to visibly move! They're all different, depending on what needs to shift, the quality of your bone, etc. Be sure to take pictures so you can compare later on! Pictures are a great motivator when braces are getting you down!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

amy2015

#11 Post by amy2015 »

I saw movement in the front teeth within a week. The premolars had some movement within 3 weeks.

musicbrace

#12 Post by musicbrace »

I totally get where you're coming from.

I started noticing movement after the first 3 weeks. They were minor but could definitely tell they were moving. After the 3 month mark, i Saw MAJOR changes. I think that the younger you are, the faster your teeth move.

Is that correct?

BeautifulDisaster

#13 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

If you were only given 6 months for your uppers, chances are that they need very little movement. That's a good thing!

I noticed the wire smoothing out after only 2 weeks on braces. It's easy to pick out the changes that happen if you take comparison pictures every month. There have been times when I didn't notice any significant changes until I compared the pictures to the previous month.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

Emmtee

#14 Post by Emmtee »

Ten days in, much mirror gazing but nothing yet for me!

Whitton2015

#15 Post by Whitton2015 »

I'm taking week by week pictures and I can see some movement in one of my 'number two' teeth on the top.

As some of you guys mentioned in other posts, after a while you just feel like 'whatever' and stop looking out for movement, then before you know it your teeth are substantially straighter! Well I'm almost at the "whatever" stage, and because tomorrow marks 7weeks of having my tops done I know I'll be much more patient about the bottoms.

Will deffo stick some pics up soon.