Doug's Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dougsey

Re: Doug's Journey

#16 Post by Dougsey »

Thanks mlm! I was just thinking the other day about how long I might need to wear these elastics... 2... 3 months?

9 months, huh? Now there's something to look forward to!! Closing the extraction gaps is probably going to
be the thing that takes the longest in my treatment. Expecting to close that large space in a couple months is pretty unrealistic so I expect to have a similar sentence to yours.
Click HERE for my journal

KayKay

#17 Post by KayKay »

Wow, I'm really impressed with your progress, Doug! Seems that I keep watching the mirror for evidence that things are moving - and hope that at the end of my first month I will see such great progress. Well done!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
Looking forward to the new smile,
KayKay

stephcsun

#18 Post by stephcsun »

Hi Doug, :D
Thanks for sharing your progress..it gives me hope to see such great progress being made in just a few months. I am hoping that I too will see several changes in my 3rd month. I just have to keep being patient..I am almost done with my 1st month and only notice minor changes..I can't wait until my spaces close up

Dougsey

#19 Post by Dougsey »

Hello friends!
I had my 5 month visit yesterday. We gave up on the class 2 bands at the 4 month visit because they kept pulling off the molar
band that doesn't want to stay glued to the gold crown. I also had my top wire changed to the next size up so now I have the max wire both top and bottom.

At yesterday's appt, ortho did some shaping on the bottom of my centrals,
replaced chain on top and ligs on bottom. She also bent my top wire into a reverse curve to try to keep my top teeth from hitting my bottom brackets,
which they are starting to do now that the 6 front teeth are moving back and the extraction gap is closing.

She mentioned maybe doing some shaping on the bottom at next months visit (definitely needed as you can see).

I'm pretty pleased with the progress so far and my ortho office has been great!

Doug
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdmoses6

#20 Post by cdmoses6 »

Lookin' good Dougsey!

Thanks for stopping by my thread! :) I just got done reading through yours. I got a chuckle from your comment about moose tracks icecream, it's my favorite! I always save all of the moosetracks till the end lol I am actually surprised how much stuff I can still eat (chips, nuts, caramel). As long as you are careful and chew slowwwwly haha Glad you have a great ortho! I'm not exactly thrilled with mine, but I am still very early in. Today marks week 3! Hope everything keeps running smoothly for ya, Happy Friday! :-88
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229

TheProfessor

#21 Post by TheProfessor »

Great progress! I can't believe you are already on the thickest wire! At the rate I'm going, I don't think I'll get ro the thickest wire until month 18 or so. It is interesting how different orthos take such different approaches.
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

shredie79

#22 Post by shredie79 »

Impressive progress!! Yahoo!

Dougsey

#23 Post by Dougsey »

Hi Gang!
I had my appt last week and now have molar bands on my back 4 molars so now all teeth are hooked up. It hurt a bit for the first few days but it's ok now.

Had to step back a notch on the arch wires and go from SS to NiTi (18 x 22 I think I heard her say)in order to connect the back molars. Power chain on both arches.

My only concern is that I still have the extraction gaps to close up but my top front teeth can't move back much more because they are starting to hit the bottoms. Ortho has done some IPR on the bottom so they move back and slant in just a bit but it still doesn't seem like there's enough room. Not quite sure how that's going to play out.

I hope everyone is doing well on their adventure!

6bug

#24 Post by 6bug »

Glad you took the journey. I believe in life that it's never too late to do anything!

igneous

#25 Post by igneous »

awesome progress! looks great

Dougsey

#26 Post by Dougsey »

Hi all!
It's been a while since I've updated my progress so here we are at 17 months. Wow! Does time pass quickly!

I'm not really happy with how my centrals look ever since ortho put a small step bend in the wire, to correct something that I couldn't see, lol. Midline has a cant to it that is bugging me. Also, one central is now longer than the other, but I suppose that could be shaped a bit. What do you all think? Honest opinions please because I'm getting close to the finish line.

The good news is the extraction gaps have closed up nicely!

Hope everyone's treatment is going well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.