Kiligeorge's Story! Braces for an openbite.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kiligeorge

Re: Kiligeorge's Story! Braces for an openbite.

#16 Post by kiligeorge »

I realize I have not updated in a while but there hasn't been anything big to write about. As I have now had my braces for just over 6 months I wanted to share a couple of progress pictures. I have now been wearing elastics for about a month. Mine are Class 3, so they go from the second from back tooth on top, and connect to both of my canines in front. I think I'll be in this configuration for a few months. In addition to bringing my bite down my ortho wants to pull my bottom teeth back because they slant out. I hated them for the first couple of days but actually adjusted very fast to them. I also have a power chain on my bottom teeth now. My ortho did IPR on my bottom teeth back in November because they were a little crowded, so now we're closing those gaps. Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, since being in the elastics I've noticed a huge difference in my bite.

In unrelated braces news my husband and I are expecting our first baby in July! We are so excited! So I'll be a braced Mom for a while!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Braced 7/30/14, upper and lower ceramics. Treatment time 20-24 months. Treating an open bite.

Bracesat57

#17 Post by Bracesat57 »

First...Congratulations on becoming a mom! That is fantastic news.

Your teeth look great! I think you will be done sooner than 24 months.

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

kiligeorge

#18 Post by kiligeorge »

I'm really hoping to be done sooner than 24 months, though my main concern is retention, so if that means longer in braces so be it. My teeth have closed even more in the past few days from when I posted that picture. I have my next appointment tomorrow morning so I'm very anxious to see what my ortho says about the progress that's already been made.
Braced 7/30/14, upper and lower ceramics. Treatment time 20-24 months. Treating an open bite.

kiligeorge

#19 Post by kiligeorge »

So I am now a little over 7 months into my treatment and it's going really well and I'm happy with my results so far. My ortho said that I have progressed way faster than he anticipated. My bite is very close to where he wants it to be. I just switched to wearing triangle configuration elastics around my incisors. I think they will definitely come off early now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kiligeorge

#20 Post by kiligeorge »

Hello! I know I haven't posted in a year but I have been so busy with work and having a baby I just haven't had time. Anyways, my bite has been closed for a long time now, and my treatment has gone really well. I'm starting to get a bit anxious though, as back in November I was told the braces would be off in spring and in June at the latest. Well today I was told that it would be 3 more appointments and that they would hopefully be off in August. That will put me in over 2 years. A bit frustrating when everything has gone so well and I was repeatedly told they would come off early and that I was ahead of schedule. I've been told for months now that we are just in the 'perfecting' stages and all the major work is done. I expressed this to my ortho and he just said he wants things to be very perfect but that they really should be off within 3 appointments, and 3 months at the soonest. I am visiting so much family this summer and really want them off! I'm also just tired of them at this point. I know it's important for them to be on long to prevent relapse, especially in an open bite case I am just so ready to be done, especially after being told I've been close to done for over 6 months now.

kiligeorge

Re: DEBRACED!!! Kiligeorge's Story! Braces for an openbite.

#21 Post by kiligeorge »

I can't believe it, but they came off today!!! I am so happy with my results. My total time in braces was 23 months. I got bonded retainers on the lower and upper, though on the upper it's only behind my top two teeth. I am also getting a backup pair of the clear retainers on Thursday. I am so happy with my bite now. I am so happy to be done!!!

metalliKa

#22 Post by metalliKa »

Beautiful result! I got mine off a month ago and boy! I'm so glad to be able to floss normally again!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554