A Year In - Braces at 22

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

Re: A Year In - Braces at 22

#16 Post by tillybrace »

you must be so excited about how far you have come on such a short space of time. I am very jeleous of of how quickly your bottom teeth moved. How does it feel to be so close to the end.
On a side note, i have habbit of checking archwired on laptop on trains, i wounder how many people think that i have a "thing " for teeth in brackets.

cconant1833

#17 Post by cconant1833 »

I had my bonding done yesterday at the dentist's office. I mentioned that I wanted to whiten my teeth once the braces come off, so the bonding was done as a lighter color to hopefully match my teeth after.

I have an orthodontist appointment today and I'm really hoping I will get a debracing date!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cocomacd

#18 Post by cocomacd »

I am loving reading all your updates! Congratulations on coming so far....your smile is looking amazing!!!!! :mrgreen:
Journey Begins December 6, 2016
First time, Self ligating brackets
Age 38

Sentence: 12-18 months

cconant1833

#19 Post by cconant1833 »

I have best update possible!!

First, I had my implant for my second molar on the bottom left placed in December. It is healing very well and I will have it exposed sometime in March.

I HAVE A DEBRACING DATE!!!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :-* :-* :-*

January 31st I will be brace free for the first time since August 2013!!! I have literally been waiting for this day since I was 12 years old. I'm now 25! It's definitely set me back financially but I wouldn't change a thing. I also got engaged over the holidays and I have always always always wanted straight teeth before getting married. It's like everything is falling into place!

I will update in 3 weeks with my braceless smile!!
FullSizeRender.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tillybrace

#20 Post by tillybrace »

Whooop. Your smile is looking amazing. Congraulations on getting a brace off date. I am so jelouse.

cconant1833

#21 Post by cconant1833 »

Well... I guess this is goodbye. I won't lie, I am actually a bit sad to no longer be visiting my ortho office once a month (it's been 3.5 years of visits!) and to be done with my journey.

However, I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY RESULTS! This was by far the best money I've ever spent. Getting my braces off was pretty much a breeze, I hated getting the cement sanded off, but it was over within a few minutes. Now I have to wear a retainer up top 24/7 for a year and my bottom retainer after dinner and all night.

I feel like someone needs to pinch me because I've been dreaming about this day for my entire life and I can't believe that I have the smile I always dreamed about. I actually teared up a little bit yesterday because I was so happy and it's been such a journey to get here. Especially when I think back to how I always covered my mouth when I laughed or cried my eyes out when my parents said they couldn't afford braces.

Thank you all for reading and following my journey. I loved checking out these boards and lurking around.

From August 15th, 2013 to January 31st, 2017!

atrixa

#22 Post by atrixa »

Looking amazing! I can't wait to get mine on now :)
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*

istase2000

#23 Post by istase2000 »

Your teeth look amazing! ! Have you whitened them already?

Jeska0113

#24 Post by Jeska0113 »

Girllllll Your smile is beautiful! You and i share a similar story, since i as well wanted braces my whole life and my parents didn't have money/put it off. Since i started working my first job i went to get braces.My estimated time is2.5 years though. Anywho, did you get discouraged at some point?? I do sometimes, and it's only been 6 months :roll:

Steph30

#25 Post by Steph30 »

Beautiful smile!!!! Happy for you!