My Story, Braces at 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newbite

Re: My Story, Braces at 28

#61 Post by newbite »

Your teeth look wonderful! And your gums!!! As someone with gum recession on my bottom teeth, I envy your beautiful thick gums! :). I know that's super weird, but you should be as proud of your gums as your teeth :)
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

alexnords

#62 Post by alexnords »

Great results!

bliss4me

#63 Post by bliss4me »

So much movement! Your smile looks great so far!

bliss4me

#64 Post by bliss4me »

So much movement! Your smile looks great so far!

nicolie825

#65 Post by nicolie825 »

Wow, I can't believe it's just a day short of a year since I last posted! My braces journey just got really boring and I was just busy with other stuff so I got lazy with my updates. But I figured now was as good as any time to post because I'm getting my braces off on Friday! Which is funny because that day is Dec 18th and Dec 18th was the last day I posted here lol

Anyway, my original sentence estimate was 12-18 months. Assuming everything goes to plan on Friday, I will have had my braces on for 18 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day. I would have preferred closer to 12 months obviously, but 18.5 months is pretty amazing with zero extractions (I had several consultations with orthos that wanted to pull 4 teeth) and way better compared to some of the 24-30 month estimates I got. I somehow got lucky and didn't need to wear elastics either like I read about in a lot of stories here

I currently have a permanent/fixed retainer on my bottom teeth. It feels weird and it's a pain to floss. But I'll deal with it at the cost of having straight teeth lol. I'll be getting clear/Essix retainers once my braces are removed.

My teeth need a lot of cosmetic work done (which should be done by next month) so I'm debating on whether or not to post a photo once my braces are removed or to wait until I get all the cosmetic stuff done. I guess I'll see how I feel about my teeth once the braces are off. Man I CANNOT wait to eat without food getting stuck in my braces. That and easy flossing (except the teeth with the fixed retainer) are what I'm looking forward to the most lol

Zahnpasta

#66 Post by Zahnpasta »

Teeth look great! I'm getting mine put on in the next few months so I'm encouraged by your story.

TheProfessor

#67 Post by TheProfessor »

Yay!!! I'm happy to hear that your braces are coming off tomorrow! Post some pics so we can see what happened :mrgreen:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

nicolie825

#68 Post by nicolie825 »

#Bracefree :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheProfessor

#69 Post by TheProfessor »

Congratulations! Your teeth look really great!!! :dance:
What kind of retainers do you have and how are they?
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

nicolie825

#70 Post by nicolie825 »

TheProfessor wrote:Congratulations! Your teeth look really great!!! :dance:
What kind of retainers do you have and how are they?
Thank you!!
I have a fixed retainer on my lower, front 6 teeth. It was weird at first, but I'm pretty used to it now. Food doesn't get caught in it too much. I'm getting the hang of flossing with it since I only need to thread the floss through it once and can just slide the floss over to each tooth. I get my clear retainers on Wednesday. So I've been doing my best to enjoy a brace-free AND retainer-free life as I know things will change once I get my clear retainers lol. I cannot tell you how awesome it is to just eat and not have to immediately use a water flosser after. And flossing is a breeeeeze and actually fun to do lol

ItsFreyja

#71 Post by ItsFreyja »

Congratulations! What a great result! I'm glad you came back to update us, as I hadn't seen your story before. Love, love, love these success stories -- so encouraging to those of us muddling through mid-treatment!

nicolie825

#72 Post by nicolie825 »

Thanks Freyja!!

So I got my clear retainers today for top and bottom aaaand I don't like them. They affect my speech and they make my molars hit when talking. I'm extremely lucky that I'm not on a 24/7 schedule. I only have to wear them at night for 8 hours, phew! That will definitely make daily life easier as far as eating and talking.

I had a cleaning on Monday and a gingivectomy on all my front teeth. My gums are still healing, but I'lll post photos once everything's not gross looking. Next week I'm getting Zoom whitening

Happy Holidays, everyone!

mapleleafman888

#73 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Beautiful result, happy for you!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

MrPlenty

#74 Post by MrPlenty »

Awesome result merry xmas!

nicolie825

#75 Post by nicolie825 »

Thanks MrPlenty!

Thanks Maple! I just took a look at your story and love your results!