Damon Braces Journey/Open Bite

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

Re: Damon Braces Journey/Open Bite

#91 Post by Anna5 »

You have made very great progress, congratulations!!!
Your open bite is much smaller and your arches have rounded very nicely.
I am sure the elastics will also do wonders for your smile. They are annoying I know, but really worth it!
How long do you still need to be in braces?

MissRed

#92 Post by MissRed »

Hi Anna,

Thank you :) the elastics are getting easier each day barely notice them some days now.

And as far as I am aware I'm still going to be in them for the predicted 18-24 months.

It is weird though because I didn't expect to be on elastics so soon and I'm also supposed to have my TPA bar put back in at some point and mini screws but it feels like good progress has already been made without those tools.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Damon Braces Journey/Open Bite - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=46350

MissRed

#93 Post by MissRed »

Well, here we are again, I had another adjustment yesterday. Things are moving a bit slower now and so there isn't as much movement since my last appointment however the pics below show my progress from the first day "Feb 27th" to now and I'm pretty pleased :D . I was wearing elastics since my last appointment but I don't have to wear them for a while now woohoo!

My next adjustment is in 6 weeks.

If you have any questions please ask :)

Damon Braces Journey/Open Bite - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=46350

TheProfessor

#94 Post by TheProfessor »

Amazing progress! I'm just a month behind you and have also noticed that my teeth movement seems to have slowed down a lot in the past month or two. Or maybe it is just more difficult to see changes when our teeth start to be more organized :)
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

mapleleafman888

#95 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Well that's awesome progress! I love seeing how the braces move the teeth!

What was it like to have that palatal arch?
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

nnaatt

#96 Post by nnaatt »

Wow! great progress!

MissRed

#97 Post by MissRed »

TheProfessor wrote:Amazing progress! I'm just a month behind you and have also noticed that my teeth movement seems to have slowed down a lot in the past month or two. Or maybe it is just more difficult to see changes when our teeth start to be more organized :)
Hi Professor, yes I do think because your teeth are suddenly a lot more "normal" it becomes harder to notice! Haha

MissRed

#98 Post by MissRed »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Well that's awesome progress! I love seeing how the braces move the teeth!

What was it like to have that palatal arch?
Thanks maple, it wasn't too bad actually I only had it on for a short while as a section of it broke and my ortho said I might have to have it back on for a while when I move to thicker wires but it was a lot less obtrusive than I was expecting.

MissRed

#99 Post by MissRed »

nnaatt wrote:Wow! great progress!

:)!

27braces88

#100 Post by 27braces88 »

I got my damon clear braces yesterday. Pretty excited!

natnat

#101 Post by natnat »

Awesome progress! Love seeing the before and after, can't wait to start seeing changes myself!

jasv

#102 Post by jasv »

Have you finished your treatment? I'd love to see the results! I'm also going through the open bite treatment

uche123

#103 Post by uche123 »

Wish you will kee posting

MissRed

#104 Post by MissRed »

Guys I am so so sorry for completely disappearing, University and just life in general took over I suppose. I kept thinking oh I need to take snaps and upload them etc but you know how it is sometimes!

The good news is I've seen brilliant progress and although I'm now way over my 18months - 2years estimate I think they will be coming off soon. I went for an adjustment today and annoyingly I've had to have a mini screw into my jaw to help pull the last little gap shut.

Below are some progress pics, sorry about the quality! The first image is my last adjustment I photographed (good while ago) and from today. The second image is the day I got the braces on compared to today.

If you have any questions at all about Damon Braces or my journey please let me know I'll try to keep checking the forum over the next week.

Thanks!

MrPlenty

#105 Post by MrPlenty »

You have come a very long way! U must be ecstatic! Awesome progress!