starting braces @ 33 yrs old - overbite, crowding, etc..!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

purplestar

Re: starting braces @ 33 yrs old - overbite, crowding, etc..

#46 Post by purplestar »

Wow!!! Congratulation for the great achievement in just 4 months. What s your estimated treatment time?

crocodile

#47 Post by crocodile »

purplestar wrote:Wow!!! Congratulation for the great achievement in just 4 months. What s your estimated treatment time?
Thanks! Estimated treatment time was 18 months.
SpottedPickle wrote:oh my goodness they are looking amazing hun!
Thank you, it is great to get these chompers straightened up.
Colbrit7 wrote:Great movement with those two upper front teeth, mine also flared inwards to meet the bottoms for a bite and I was so surprised to see how they were straightened out so quickly.
Those two upper front teeth were pretty sore for a while after the braces first went on. I got upper and lower braces at the same time, and my top teeth would hit the lower braces if I wasn't careful. This made eating a real chore because I couldn't bite down all the way, and the only teeth that would touch (the front ones) hurt too much to use for chewing.

Bikerchick85

#48 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Crocodile, omgosh! Your teeth look amazing!! You've had some amazing progress! I'm definitely diggin' the clean shaven look now.. shows off your gorgeous smile!

How long is your sentence?

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

crocodile

#49 Post by crocodile »

Bikerchick85 wrote:Crocodile, omgosh! Your teeth look amazing!! You've had some amazing progress! I'm definitely diggin' the clean shaven look now.. shows off your gorgeous smile!

How long is your sentence?
Thanks! No one has ever told me my smile was gorgeous :) Still a ways to go (another 14 months +/-) but super happy so far. Good luck with your debracing I bet you are excited.

jaime

#50 Post by jaime »

Wow!!! As I was scrolling through your photos, I kept saying, "Whoa!!" I hope my teeth look that good by 4 months! You must be so pleased!
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

LillyS

#51 Post by LillyS »

Wow. That's all I can say wow! That is awesome progress for 4 months I hope mine could be anything like that omgggg :x :P :D

crocodile

#52 Post by crocodile »

1 year and 3 weeks:
20150219-DSC_0248.jpg
Just got back from the ortho. Power chain to try to close up the gaps. I'm in class II elastics on both sides at night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BeautifulDisaster

#53 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Your teeth are looking great! Do you know how much longer you have?

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

crocodile

#54 Post by crocodile »

BeautifulDisaster wrote:Your teeth are looking great! Do you know how much longer you have?
Thanks! I think I have another six months or so. I asked the Ortho last week but they didn't want to get too specific on a removal date.

Your teeth are moving along nicely as well.

stephcsun

#55 Post by stephcsun »

Your teeth look great! I saw a lot of improvement for month to month..and I am glad I was able to see how the white power chains look on clear braces I might chose that next time so thanks!

I hope when my teeth begin to straighten out they look nice like yours!

Congrats

Loopyman76

#56 Post by Loopyman76 »

Your teeth look absolutely amazing, bro! Makes me even more excited to start my journey! I'm also in my 30s and will be getting braced soon. I can actually do it at any time but I've decided to do it in a couple of months. IF my progress is anywhere near as good as yours I'll be a happy camper. Congrats to you!

crocodile

#57 Post by crocodile »

Loopyman76 wrote:Your teeth look absolutely amazing, bro! Makes me even more excited to start my journey! I'm also in my 30s and will be getting braced soon. I can actually do it at any time but I've decided to do it in a couple of months. IF my progress is anywhere near as good as yours I'll be a happy camper. Congrats to you!
Thanks. After a year of being in braces, I wish I would have started this years ago. Good luck with your braces.

Ridingboots

#58 Post by Ridingboots »

Wow how quickly did things move for you..... I bet you are flashing some great smiles now even with braces.

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery

tartanhabit

Re: starting braces @ 33 yrs old - overbite, crowding, etc..!

#59 Post by tartanhabit »

Wow, wow, wow!!! I have very similiar teeth and I'm just blown away by the progress that you could see at month 4. I've come to the conclusion that braces on teeth that already look good/straight are so much less of a big deal than the day one look. I know if I go for it, the first month or two, things are going to look pretty crazy.

Congratulations, you must be thrilled! So glad to see this. My top 2 front teeth tip inwards and the ones adjacent to those are funky crooked.

crocodile

Re: starting braces @ 33 yrs old - overbite, crowding, etc..!

#60 Post by crocodile »

Thanks for the comments.

I just had another Ortho visit yesterday. He is very happy with the progress and I'll have these off in the "summer." Probably 2-3 months. Very excited! They did take off the bands on all 4 of the very back molars so it's nice to have at least some of the braces removed :)

They made a small bend in the top wire to help better align the two center teeth. It looks better already! Next visit is in 4 wks and they mentioned something about smoothing out some of the jagged edges next visit.

I can't wait to see how they look without the braces!