The start of my braces journey (pics included)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DaisySmith

Re: The start of my braces journey (pics included)

#16 Post by DaisySmith »

Hi Tlal, I thought I'd come and say hi on your thread. Isn't it funny to get to know someone through their words and pictures of their teeth only! :mrgreen:

Tlal23

#17 Post by Tlal23 »

Just over two weeks now and starting to feel a bit better about being braced.
However when I see people who I haven't seen yet the suddenly become massive again and I feel I need to say "oh yeh I have braces now" lol

It's amazing that all if a sudden they can feel tighter than they did 5mins ago.
I've also been sleeping the last 3 nights without wax. I do have a sore on my right cheek but not as bad as week one.

I'm noticing change already and just can't wait to see more. I have a check up appt in two weeks to see how everything's going.

I also find I can eat whatever I want but things like rolls etc so make my teeth ache a little and I don't chew as much as I should.

Pacha05

#18 Post by Pacha05 »

Hi Tlal23 congratulations on your braces, they look great.

When I first got my braces it took a good few weeks before they were comfortable but after that it has only taken a few days to a week after each adjustment to settle. It definitely gets easier and you forget you have them.

I was the same as you at first when seeing people you haven't seen in a while, especially when I was gappy from my extractions.

I love my braces and love taking pictures and seeing the progress. Good luck with your journey, I look forward to it :)

Link to my blog http://pachabrace.blogspot.com

Estimated sentence 24 months

belle37

#19 Post by belle37 »

Hi

I am new to the forum and loving reading everyones story's! I go for my first apt next thursday to get measured up and them hopefully start on my journey too! +\+

Tlal23

#20 Post by Tlal23 »

After 3 years they are finally off!
Just got my retainers today and my god they hurt and are really annoying, anyone else have this issue?
-although hopefully it will help with weight loss as it's so annoying taking them in and out to eat.

http://s990.photobucket.com/user/tlal23 ... sort=3&o=0

http://s990.photobucket.com/user/tlal23 ... sort=3&o=1

atrixa

#21 Post by atrixa »

Such a great result! Retainers are a pain at first, but persevere and it gets easier.
Upper arch braced (traditional metal) on 17/02/17
Debonded 17/01/18 with a fixed retainer
Estimated treatment time 18 months, actual time 11 months :-*