Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#211 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Today I had my 18th & LAST adjustment thank goodness...got a power chain on the bottom, tiebacks on top, and power chain on top front 4 teeth. The blasted assistant pinched my lip with the locking pliers and took a chunk off my lower lip, was bleeding for about 10 minutes afterwards, hurt like **** too. :soremouth: :-= I was so pissed, still am. So glad to be almost done with these clowns.

Anyways, it's exactly 1 month until these braces come off, and I'm SO looking forward to it. (the braces weren't to bad, this office has been less than pleasant to deal with so yeah)

Later everyone out there in braces land, hope all is well.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

twentyseven

#212 Post by twentyseven »

Hi there! So glad to hear it was your last adjustment :) It will be a great beginning of spring.
I can see you're quite fed up with you orthodontist's office. Just out of curiosity, would you choose them again?
Anyways, I'm soooo jealous being only 3 weeks in... ;)

Featheryy1221

#213 Post by Featheryy1221 »

They ripped off part of your lips?! :shock: ugh. I'm so sorry I can't even imagine how awful that would be. :( sometimes they've cut my gums on accident, but never my lips. I don't blame you for being pissed.
I did chuckle at your clowns comment though because I hear ya; sometimes my ortho office drives me crazy! :roll:
You have sooo few weeks left though, and then you'll be braceface free!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

cdnbracegirl

#214 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Eek! They took a chunk of your lip? Was she apologetic at all? I'm sorry that happened to you but at least that was your last appt before your deband. Not long now!

mapleleafman888

#215 Post by mapleleafman888 »

twentyseven wrote:Hi there! So glad to hear it was your last adjustment It will be a great beginning of spring. I can see you're quite fed up with you orthodontist's office. Just out of curiosity, would you choose them again? Anyways, I'm soooo jealous being only 3 weeks in...
Hi! Thanks a lot--I am so happy...it'll be an early 27th birthday present! lol. To be completely open, my gut reaction when I had my consult was to not choose them...but I was desperate after putting this off for 10 years that I just went with them. But no, I wouldn't, and I wouldn't even refer a friend's cat.
Time will go by so fast, it goes by anyway and your day will be here soon enough. Just enjoy the process!
Featheryy1221 wrote:They ripped off part of your lips?! ugh. I'm so sorry I can't even imagine how awful that would be. sometimes they've cut my gums on accident, but never my lips. I don't blame you for being pissed. I did chuckle at your clowns comment though because I hear ya; sometimes my ortho office drives me crazy! You have sooo few weeks left though, and then you'll be braceface free!
Yeah she broke the skin pretty good and I made sure everyone in the office heard me, I said "damn I sure felt that one!!!" and looked around as my lip bloodied, the ortho heard and saw but had no reaction except 'okay see you on March 11 derp derp nooma nooma.' The assistant apologized after that but yoooow! Now I've got this nasty yellow puss filled bump on my lip, it's the second time they did it. I woke up this morning and the swelling went down but I had puss juice dried on my lip from over night haha!...I complained last time and never got that assistant again but apparently this new one wanted to have a go and do it for the other assistant. I will be free soon! :) Wooooooop!
cdnbracegirl wrote:Eek! They took a chunk of your lip? Was she apologetic at all? I'm sorry that happened to you but at least that was your last appt before your deband. Not long now!
Yeah she was, she looked petrified after I stood up to leave. Must have looked pretty angry lol.

Anyways that's the ortho drama for this month. Wish me luck for deband. Hopefully the clowns will be fully trained in balloon blowing by then!!!!

TheProfessor

#216 Post by TheProfessor »

Sounds like they are giving you the bonus torture treatment so you will always remember your last adjustment! I hope your debanding isn't too bloody :yikes:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

cdnbracegirl

#217 Post by cdnbracegirl »

You know, I was thinking. You might be better off if you debanded yourself. I'll meet you in a back alley with my pliers. :lol: In all seriousness, these next 20 days will fly by. I hope your debanding is painless and quick. No more blood needs to be shed!

mapleleafman888

#218 Post by mapleleafman888 »

cdnbracegirl wrote:You know, I was thinking. You might be better off if you debanded yourself. I'll meet you in a back alley with my pliers. :lol: In all seriousness, these next 20 days will fly by. I hope your debanding is painless and quick. No more blood needs to be shed!
20 days woop! I think I'll take you up on your offer.. also do you do braces too so I can finish treatment properly lol?

Haha thanks, I hope so too.

TrustGodAuburn

#219 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

20 days! I'm SOOOO Jealous!!!!

I've still not gotten brave enough to ask how much longer he thinks I have. I'm afraid to hear the answer.

mapleleafman888

#220 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:20 days! I'm SOOOO Jealous!!!!

I've still not gotten brave enough to ask how much longer he thinks I have. I'm afraid to hear the answer.
Ah, 17 days now... :D so excited!

Just ask! Get 'er over with :wink:

igneous

#221 Post by igneous »

I loved reading this, absolutely wonderful journey!

How noticeable were the damon clears on top in your eyes?

mapleleafman888

#222 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Thanks! They are very hidden!

mapleleafman888

#223 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey archwired friends so today is 10 days remaining until debanding and i am going through what I have seen a lot of people on here go through before debanding. Just wanted your opinion, would you be happy with this result? Please don't say ' as long as you're happy'. I already know that... I feel the fronts are really uneven...lower slants and uppers aren't really lined up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

newbite

#224 Post by newbite »

What do they look like with your jaws closed? Right now I'm all about the bite, not having an open bite or crossbite, etc, that trumps everything else (until those are no longer an issue and I can obsess about all the cosmetic issues with my teeth hah!). Assuming your teeth fit together perfectly they look great! Wish my front teeth were as "uneven" as yours and I envy your gum line ;)
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

TrustGodAuburn

#225 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I agree about your bite - are your teeth fitting together correctly when your jaw is closed?

I think your teeth look AMAZING!