32 years old and 1 month braced.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Quins

Re: 32 years old and 1 month braced.

#46 Post by Quins »

Happy to report today that everything seems to be on track again.

1. There is no pain in any of my teeth
2. My teeth are nearly leveled out now.
3. Comfort level has not been this good since I started braces. Could live with them forever now.
4. The lower incisor has maintained a 1mm gap on the one side and on the other side it is slowly closing again.
5. My class II, canine to canine - edge to edge bite has improved dramatically. Its still a way to go but very close to a class I bite now.

All round I feel much better and human again.

Oh my top archwire also broke like a twig at the back. Phoned the Ortho and they said its ok as long as the wire does not pop out. Im due for a new wire on the next visit in 5 weeks. Ortho said we are going to start with 16x22 niti copper wire on the top when I visit again.

All I can say....I`m smiling again!

:D

kids041

#47 Post by kids041 »

Quins wrote:Happy to report today that everything seems to be on track again.

1. There is no pain in any of my teeth
2. My teeth are nearly leveled out now.
3. Comfort level has not been this good since I started braces. Could live with them forever now.
4. The lower incisor has maintained a 1mm gap on the one side and on the other side it is slowly closing again.
5. My class II, canine to canine - edge to edge bite has improved dramatically. Its still a way to go but very close to a class I bite now.

All round I feel much better and human again.

Oh my top archwire also broke like a twig at the back. Phoned the Ortho and they said its ok as long as the wire does not pop out. Im due for a new wire on the next visit in 5 weeks. Ortho said we are going to start with 16x22 niti copper wire on the top when I visit again.

All I can say....I`m smiling again!

:D
So glad it is going better for you today! I have my ups and down days as well.. Thank goodness tomorrow is always there to look forward to... :) :rose:

EmBee

#48 Post by EmBee »

Good to hear you are feeling better about everything! :dance:

Quins

#49 Post by Quins »

Hi kids041 and EmBee

Thanks a million.

Really appreciate the positive feedback. I seem to have reached the peak of all the problems relating to braces.

My lips and cheeks dont scratch anymore and braces are more comfortable. At my Ortho I found a good product for the scratching of the braces. It comes in a syringe packaging. When you squeeze it out it has a white and a more creamy colored silicone substance (one is the silicone and the other is the activator). You then mix the two with your fingers and apply it quickly. Its really easy. It also dries in two minutes and does not come off like wax does.

Hope this helps someone who really needs relief from the scratching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quins

#50 Post by Quins »

Been a while since I posted with an update.

Its been a week after my second adjustment. Things are changing but very slowly. Teeth almost level now. Pain comes and goes as the days move on. My bite changes by the hour and can become unfomfortable at times.

Going for my second periodontist vist tomorrow. Ortho has slowed down tooth movement for now because my perio told him to slow down. To everyone with braces, get a periodontist to monitor what your ortho is doing and advise when things seem to be going "south". Attached three pics of before and now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quins

#51 Post by Quins »

Its been a while since I posted any updates.

Well its been a rocky ride and trying to save my teeth.

After my last update I have seen a Periodontist and a MaxillioFacial surgeon to figure out what can be done with my lower front teeth and the bone loss caused by a dentist. I was told I would loose the 2 teeth next to the extracted tooth before the 2 years of orthodontics are over.

I contacted the dentist and made it clear that the siituation I am in is unacceptable and that they will need to resolve this problem at hand. After a few emails to the head of the facility and dentist, he agreed to assist in sorting the problem out.

Went to see my orthodontist and he said that the teeth dont have a lot of bone supporting them but that he was more optimistic about the long term outcome and that he thinks all will be ok. Well the ortho stabilized my bottom teeth for the last three months with the gap not closing at all. I must admit the teeth have firmed up and dont wiggle around much anymore. My one tooth was so loose that when I bit on it, it would move up and down. Now its stable with no movement when biting on the tooth.

My top teeth have started moving into alignment although very slow.

I am going for my next appointment in a weeks time and will now be getting my 16X22 top archwire. Things are looking on the bright side again.

Still hoping and praying everyday that it all works out for the good.

Oh and while busy with the braces saga me and my wife have our first baby on the way. Found out 2 months ago. She is now on her second trimester today. So yes their is a little sparkle of joy on the way :jump:

Will post new pics after my appointment next week.

Lalaloo

#52 Post by Lalaloo »

Hi, Quins

I am so sorry for all your troubles... I am also a little scared since i read your "saga" because one of my central front incisors has a root canal (since 1993) and this year my dr placed a fiberglass post in the root canal to prevent its fracture. I have lingual braces since 1st of november, my ortho is aware of my incisor problem but said it is ok and never mentioned that i might lose this tooth during the process...

kids041

#53 Post by kids041 »

Whoo Hoo! :jump: Congratulations on the soon to be baby :) How exciting for your family :)

KiilaniY

#54 Post by KiilaniY »

Congratulations on the new baby to come!!

Quins

#55 Post by Quins »

Thanks you so much KiilaniY, kids041. We cant wait for this bundle of joy. Very excited

EmBee

#56 Post by EmBee »

That's so exciting congratulations!! And hopefully your teeth's condition continues to be on the upside trend :D

Quins

#57 Post by Quins »

Well like I promised more pics.

Now got the 16x22 niti archwire at the top. Bottom wire is still 16x16 niti.

Ortho does not want to change the wire until the Periodontist says we can now close the gap. Ortho said that we have to start closing the gap. Well I am going to see the Perio in December and will then start making decisions as to how this problem is going to be resolved.

My teeth feel like I have been KICKED in the mouth. The pain is bad. Eating is a chore again and nearly impossible. I also have the blue glue monsters on my molars again because my one cusp is knocking on a bracket. MMMMMmmmmm........

My right first top molar is also extruding more than the left. Makes me wonder at time.

Not feeling too positive about everything again, but will probably feel different in a couple of days.

Cant wait for the braces to be over so I can close this chapter in my life. The teeth/braces have put a tremendous amount of stress into my life. Well Check the before and now pics..
Last edited by Quins on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quins

#58 Post by Quins »

More Pics

laraa

#59 Post by laraa »

Good progress :D

rocker

#60 Post by rocker »

good luck!