UK Fastbraces - Male aged 31 - now fitted - gulp!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

peterataylor

Re: UK Fastbraces - Male aged 31 - now fitted - gulp!!!

#31 Post by peterataylor »

Hi blueribbon,

So I guess that makes 2 of us in the UK with Fastbraces then! lol. I literally haven't come across a single other person with Fastbraces - until now! So thanks for posting a reply. We're clearly very exclusive!

I've had my Fastbraces on for almost exactly 2 months now, and so far so good. Like you, I had overcrowding in my mouth. But the ortho didn't think there was need for any tooth filing (phew). I've seen some great movement (tracked almost daily) and haven't really experienced any pain, except for the occasional ulcer.

I too was fitted with clear ligs, without choice, at my first appointment. But at my second appointment I was offered coloured ones. Unfortunately, I bottled it and opted for clear ones again. Big mistake as they stain so easily. In the 2 months that I've had braces on, my clear ligs have been clear for about 3 days in total (my fondness for a good curry is probably to blame for this).

At my next visit (towards the end of June) I'm going to ask for blue ligs. I have everyone on here to thank (or blame, lol) for that. It's quite a hotly discussed topic!

I hope your Fastbraces treatment goes well. Keep us posted with pictures when you can!

Good luck!

Peter

bluey

#32 Post by bluey »

Hi peterataylor,

Great progress with you teeth so far! Can't wait to see your progress with these new fangled Fastbraces. I am looking into getting braces in the UK at the moment. Are fastbraces more expensive than traditional braces or cheaper because of the reduced treatment time?

Thanks and good luck!

peterataylor

#33 Post by peterataylor »

Hi bluey and everyone else,

Today I'm really pleased to show off my latest picture updates. I had new ligs fitted yesterday, which I am totally delighted with! Going for colour is DEFINITELY the way forward! But the best bit of my appointment was the look on ortho's face when he looked in my gob. He is totally overwhelmed with the progress I've made so far. So much so, that he sent me a really nice email later in the day congratulating me. So I thought to myself, time to update the guys on ArchWired!

To answer your question, bluey, I'm paying £3,000 for my Fastbraces. At the very last moment, I managed to haggle £500 off the price because I have a second baby on the way and I was worried about finances. I think that Fastbraces may be a slightly more expensive technology, but cheaper overall because of the reduced treatment time. Certainly in my area, they worked out cheaper than alternative treatments.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with. And don't forget to keep us all updated with your progress.

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

peterataylor

#34 Post by peterataylor »

PS - Topic title should now read:

"UK Fastbraces - Male aged 32 - now fitted - gulp!!!"

blueribbon

#35 Post by blueribbon »

You must be so happy with the movement! It's amazing!! Exciting! :D
Maybe the secret is in the curry? You never know :wink:
The blues look really good as well, how are you finding them?
No more yellow tinged ligs! *fingers crossed*
Happy Belated-Birthday :dance:

I've noticed some good movement too! These things really are fast!
I'll post my own thread and pictures on Tuesday after I get them tightened.
I'm getting pink and blue ligs! Yay!!

CharlotteRebecca

#36 Post by CharlotteRebecca »

Hi,

I've not done the 'internet forum' thing before, so bear with me! I am strongly considering going ahead with a Fastbraces fitting in a few weeks and I'm starting to feel quite nervous. I've struggling to find many reviews and I think I might be playing guinea pig for my dentist with this new method! I'm kicking myself now for refusing braces as a child, having braces as an adult is such a daunting thought.

I've always had slightly 'imperfect' teeth and recently had a baby tooth removed (mad I know!) the adult tooth is finally starting to come down but needs some help too. It's also going to involve having a wisdom tooth out... Come to think of it, I'm not looking forward to that bit either!

My dentist is absolutely lovely and full of confidence but I can't help but feel panic. The pain / discomfort doesn't particularly bother me, but from a purely cosmetic point of view, I'm worried I'll spend the next few months with my mouth clamped firmly shut, unsmiling, looking like a massive grump!

I would be so grateful for some positive thoughts or reviews!

Charlotte :)

bluey

#37 Post by bluey »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info on the price. You are making great progress, you must be delighted!
Happy birthday!

clearstepguy

#38 Post by clearstepguy »

I'm glad I found this thread!

Peter, you're making very impressive progress, I hope things are still going well for you.

It looks like I'll be getting Fastbraces in the next couple of weeks too* so I thought I would post in this thread to add the tally to 3. ;)

*see why here...

http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 19&t=38476

Funtobeme

#39 Post by Funtobeme »

I too have just gotten the fast braces. They are fairly new, but not to my dentist who teaches at the University of Washington dental sciences. Mine will be on only 9 months! I am enduring plain metal because the clear we're 500$ more and it's not worth it to me since I will only have them for a short time. I will post pics soon just joined up on this forum. I can def see your movement! Cool! Excited for my tightening in 3 weeks to see my progress!! :BigGrin:

Funtobeme

#40 Post by Funtobeme »

And I should add I make #4 ;)
I am F 35 and live in USA.

peterataylor

#41 Post by peterataylor »

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling quite guilty about my lack of recent updates. I guess as treatment progresses and you become more and more used to having braces on your teeth, the need for reassurance becomes less. That's not to say I haven't been keeping up to date with each of your stories. I still find it facinating to see how people's treatments are progressing. But the need to report on mine and receive your kind comments, I guess, is reducing. Also, as my wife and I get closer and closer to the due date of our 2nd child (given that my son was 6 weeks premature, we are on red alert from now onwards!) other things have taken priority.

But, having had new ligs fitted today, plus a bit of tooth shaving thrown in for good measure (no where near as unpleasant as I thought it would be), I feel that it's time for a visual update. As you'll see, there is very little movement since update 3. But my orthodontist says this is to be expected. It's all about stabilising the teeth now. Then, when my braces come off (hopefully around November-ish) there'll be a bit of tarting up (basically, shaping my teeth so they are all nicely lined up across the top), then the retainer will do any final adjusting.

It's all getting quite exciting now. I feel that the finish line is definitely in sight!

Cheers,

Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

niloc

#42 Post by niloc »

It would be great to know where you are getting these done? I am also looking into the possibility of this and also have seen my dentist who recommends Facebraces (I live in High wycombe too)....

niloc

#43 Post by niloc »

[quote="niloc"]It would be great to know where you are getting these done? I am also looking into the possibility of this and also have seen my dentist who recommends FASTBRACES!!!! :)(I live in High wycombe too)....[/quote]

clearstepguy

#44 Post by clearstepguy »

Hey Peter

How are you getting on now? It looks like you'll be finished very soon! :)

I had Fastbraces put on a few weeks ago and so far they've been no problem. I've not really had any pain or discomfort except when eating (for the first day or two) and I'm pretty use to them already. Only downside is that I haven't really seen any movement yet but I guess that will take a bit of time.

I hope I get results like you have! :thumbsup:

CrowdedChloe

#45 Post by CrowdedChloe »

Hi everyone!

I have been looking at having Fastbraces fitted since a friend of mine had hers fitted about 6months ago and her teeth already look amazing! She obviously recommends Fastbraces, but just after a few opinions from others? I have my consultation booked for November :)

Chloe