UK Fastbraces - Male aged 31 - now fitted - gulp!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

upthemillers

Re: UK Fastbraces - Male aged 31 - now fitted - gulp!!!

#46 Post by upthemillers »

Hello, getting fastbraces in a couple of weeks ... thanks for the info
:D

aspence5

#47 Post by aspence5 »

Fastbraces fitted 3 days ago by my dentist in High Wycombe. All seems ok no real discomfort except when eating but it's amazing what food you can have without the need to bite or chew. Back to work tomorrow, should be interesting.

Bettyboo

#48 Post by Bettyboo »

Hi Everyone,

I've not done forums like this before so not sure if i'm posting this in the right place!

I am UK based and currently looking into getting fastbraces. I'm really nervous by the fact that it's so unknown in this country and there is such a lack of info!

What i'm trying to understand is why all orthodontists aren't using this treatment! so many questions! :-s

I was just wondering if anyone has completed their treatment yet? or if anyone has any advice?

thanks!!

gingergirl

#49 Post by gingergirl »

I'll soon be another addition to the 'Fastbraces' gang! Yikes!

The nerves are kicking in now, though I am sure it will be worth it in the end, right?

RyanLegge

#50 Post by RyanLegge »

[quote="Bettyboo"]Hi Everyone,

I've not done forums like this before so not sure if i'm posting this in the right place!

I am UK based and currently looking into getting fastbraces. I'm really nervous by the fact that it's so unknown in this country and there is such a lack of info!

What i'm trying to understand is why all orthodontists aren't using this treatment! so many questions! :-s

I was just wondering if anyone has completed their treatment yet? or if anyone has any advice?

thanks!![/quote]

Hi Bettyboo,

A place I would suggest if you are based up in the Highlands of Scotland is Your Perfect Smile who offer the fastbraces service (http://www.yourperfectsmile.co.uk/services/fastbraces/). They also do free initial consultations and are really approachable, so if you wanted to call the clinic up, they are more than happy to talk to you and speak you through the process, with no obligations, and in understandable language too.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

KMC

#51 Post by KMC »

Hi Peter
Just wondered how you got on with Fastbraces? I assume you're out of them now?
I am considering getting either Fastbraces or 6 Month Smiles and would love to hear from people who've finished the treatment.

Kiwi Orthodontist

#52 Post by Kiwi Orthodontist »

Hi I just stumbled on this thread. I'm not usually one to comment on forums but this concerns me. Fastbraces run courses for general dentists called "Fastbrace University" in a motel/hotel over just a weekend. If it feels like you are a guinnea pig you probably are. Orthodontists train for 3 years after dentistry at a university.

Fastbraces have a slick marketing campaign. As a dental professional they bombard my inbox with emails saying how to make more money in your practice. While I agree they will work for some people, fastbraces don't do anything differently to any other braces. If they were that good every orthodontist in the world would be using them. If you took standard braces off after 6 months the result would be the same. They straighten the social six front teeth, and even that is a compromise because of the technique.

Like many things - you get what you pay for. The difference between a fastbrace provider and an orthodontist is about 4800hrs of postgraduate training.

If you are thinking of Fastbraces I'd be suggest you get a second opinion. Many orthodontists will do a free or minimal cost consult. You may also be surprised most orthodontist don't charge a full fee for limited treatment - which is what fastbraces are. Fastbraces may cost you a lot for an inferior result by someone comparatively untrained.

Matilda

#53 Post by Matilda »

Kiwi Orthodontist wrote:Hi I just stumbled on this thread. I'm not usually one to comment on forums but this concerns me. Fastbraces(TM) run courses for general dentists called "Fastbrace University" in a motel/hotel over just a weekend. If it feels like you are a guinnea pig you probably are. Orthodontists train for 3 years after dentistry at a university.

Fastbraces have a slick marketing campaign. As a dental professional they bombard my inbox with emails saying how to make more money in your practice. While I agree they will work for some people, fastbraces don't do anything differently to any other braces. If they were that good every orthodontist in the world would be using them. If you took standard braces off after 6 months the result would be the same. They straighten the social six front teeth, and even that is a compromise because of the technique.

Like many things - you get what you pay for. The difference between a fastbrace provider and an orthodontist is about 4800hrs of postgraduate training.

If you are thinking of Fastbraces I'd be suggest you get a second opinion. Many orthodontists will do a free or minimal cost consult. You may also be surprised most orthodontist don't charge a full fee for limited treatment - which is what fastbraces are. Fastbraces may cost you a lot for an inferior result by someone comparatively untrained.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your point of view!

Espiguilla

#54 Post by Espiguilla »

Thanks!

nickycddubluver

#55 Post by nickycddubluver »

Hello! How has your fast braces been?

Few questions i wanted to ask

1. did you do top and bottom?
2. did they do only the front 6 teeth? or the entire mouth?
3. was it an orthodontist that did this for you?
4 any regrets?

13july

#56 Post by 13july »

[quote="Kipepeo"]Nice improvement.

Off topic: You know, when I read your posts, or Jem's, or others from the UK, I have to read it with a British accent. Same goes for you Australians, although an Australian accent is harder for me to speak, I can read any accent in my head. I know, I'm weird.]
I do that too :D All the time :jump:

Aiko1082

#57 Post by Aiko1082 »

I just got them put in yesterday.

tillybrace

#58 Post by tillybrace »

Aiko1082 wrote:I just got them put in yesterday.

i have fastbraces as well, follow my story below