I'm going to get braces this year!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: I'm going to get braces this year!

#16 Post by Tobilei »

Yay! Glad things are moving along and woo for having a brace day :mrgreen: That's awesome!

NeilH

#17 Post by NeilH »

This waiting is driving me nuts! 18 more days to go and I just can't wait to get started. I can't stop thinking about it almost all day. Is there a cure? Does this Pre-brace condition have a name?

rhibee83

#18 Post by rhibee83 »

Lol! Don't worry, I felt like this as well! It feels like forever, I know, but it will sneak up on you quick! hehe

In the mean time, I suggest you eat all the crunchy chewy things in the world :wink: lol!

junglejulie

#19 Post by junglejulie »

Enjoy chewing while you can! LOL J/K

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

rhibee83

#20 Post by rhibee83 »

LOL!! yes, enjoy chewing and eating steaks etc while you can lol, :crazy:

but it will be worth all this angst in the end! :)

Tobilei

#21 Post by Tobilei »

Also enjoy flossing!!! And running your tongue over your smooth teeth!!!

plugnickel69

#22 Post by plugnickel69 »

NeilH wrote:This waiting is driving me nuts! 18 more days to go and I just can't wait to get started. I can't stop thinking about it almost all day. Is there a cure? Does this Pre-brace condition have a name?
ABAS - Awaiting Braces Anxiety Syndrome

NeilH

#23 Post by NeilH »

plugnickel69 wrote:
NeilH wrote:This waiting is driving me nuts! 18 more days to go and I just can't wait to get started. I can't stop thinking about it almost all day. Is there a cure? Does this Pre-brace condition have a name?
LOL!! I think I definitely have a case of ABAS.

NeilH

#24 Post by NeilH »

rhibee83 wrote:Lol! Don't worry, I felt like this as well! It feels like forever, I know, but it will sneak up on you quick! hehe

In the mean time, I suggest you eat all the crunchy chewy things in the world :wink: lol!
I think you are probably right about that! Need to make a list of all the things I should get round to eating before I run out of time.

Tams22

#25 Post by Tams22 »

NeilH wrote:
plugnickel69 wrote:
LOL!! I think I definitely have a case of ABAS.
I think I do as well. :) My co-workers think I'm nuts...I even made one of those "countdown chains" (the ones that you would make in Elementary school before Xmas) for my brace day.

You're getting closer...almost near that 2 week mark!!! :dance:
~*~ Tams~*~

NeilH

#26 Post by NeilH »

I keep counting the days in my diary and find myself checking off events that take me one day closer to getting started so can fully understand where you are coming from.

Sheryl 54

#27 Post by Sheryl 54 »

Hi I'm getting braces this June and I'm having all the excitement and scared feelings the closer it gets. I am 54 and this will be my first time in braces and I will have a palate expander for 3 months also. I'm so glad I found this web site it is so helpful all ready in getting me ready for them I will enjoy following your story along with sharing my own it's nice to have brace buddy's. Good luck to you I'm sure we will all survive. lol :jump:

NeilH

#28 Post by NeilH »

Only a week to go now! I'm both so looking forward to next Friday and also really apprehensive about the inevitability of walking out of the ortho's surgery with braces that will be fixed to my teeth. I won't be able to remove them so will just need to face the world and get on with it and I'm hoping that I get support from those around me to make these early days easier. I suspect that most people won't care at all but it's the not knowing that I find most difficult to come to terms with.

debinator

#29 Post by debinator »

the day I got braced I remember sitting in the chair right before they were put on thinking "I can't believe I am really doing this!"
When they were finally on it was "surreal" I kept looking in the mirror.

I wish I would have eaten more nuts before brace day that is my only regret

Good luck your day will be here before you know it :BigTeethGrin:
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Tobilei

#30 Post by Tobilei »

Yep, nobody will care :) Except those who have had them, they will empathize with you on bad days!

It was very surreal for me getting them on too. I think I spent half the car ride home running my tongue over my teeth and looking into the little mirror in the sun visor to check them out (don't worry, I was in the passenger seat ;))