Beckyboo in Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Re: Beckyboo in Braces

#136 Post by NeilH »

What a massive difference in only 7 months, that's good progress! How are you getting on?

beckyboo0205

#137 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Things are still boring but I know the space is still closing up. I am now 9 months and 3 days in... potentially half way there. Though I'm at the point where it could be halfway for a few months because who knows when I'll really be done!

After I had my last adjustment, I was BARELY sore at all! It was the least sore I've been after an adjustment. Which was great because I went to Hawaii on vacation and didn't have to worry about that. Last month I didn't feel like my gap closed up much but this month I can see it already. It really is almost there. I can see it and feel it in the back where the wire is not flush anymore. Now when I brush my teeth, there's a toothpaste bubble that fills in that gap and it looks like it's closed. It sure is closing up slower than I thought but it really can't be long now!

Once it's closed, I'm not even sure what they will do. Elastics were in my future but who knows! My bite don't feel off really so I'm not sure. How do they even check your bite besides asking how it feels and just sorta looking when you bite down?

Anna5

#138 Post by Anna5 »

Very great progress, your diastema has closed, WOW!

beckyboo0205

#139 Post by beckyboo0205 »

well not quite, but it's close.

rocker

#140 Post by rocker »

good luck!

rhibee83

#141 Post by rhibee83 »

Hey Beckyboo

Look at us having our braces on not to many days apart! Can’t believe it’s been 9 months already!!

I have my ninth adjustment tonight. My gaps are starting to close as well, apart from one of the bottom ones and one of the tops ones, they don’t seem to want to close but the other two are closing! Stupid teeth lol.

I am on elastics and have been for about 3 months now… getting a bit sick of it and hoping for something different tonight at the ortho’s office, but I think that is wishful thinking!

It would be cool if we got our braces off at the same time! Hehe

Hope all is going well!! :mrgreen:

beckyboo0205

#142 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Hey Rhibee! Good to hear from you. Thing are starting to get boring, aren't they!? I'm in the same boat. I'm almost 10 months in actually and yeah I can't believe I'm already that far in! I could have had a kid by now!

My last few months have definitely been very boring... barely anything happening. Barely any pain at all. Which sounds like it would be good, but pain means movement! This month I've been feeling more but the gap still isn't closed. I have my adjustment next weekend and I'm really hoping that those new powerchains will be just what I need to close this thing up!

At the beginning, my ortho said elastics were in my future, but now I don't know. My teeth seem pretty close together so I'm not sure how much would even be done! I'm hoping I won't and then maybe I'll be done sooner! HA Wishful thinking... My sister gets married in June and it'd be really cool to have them off by then (~15 months) but who knows. Doubt it. Anyhow, if I did have elastics, they won't start until all the gaps are closed.

Since things have been sorta boring, I've still been ok with these things on my teeth. lol Haven't really been sick of them yet.

beckyboo0205

#143 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I JUST got back from my appointment with the orthodontist and whoa...

My gap has been stubbornly taking its dear ol sweet time closing so this time he put on what he calls "Zing string" to help it along! It's just this really thin elastic string I think. I can barely even see it now. Well just as he was putting it on, whoa, I can already feel the tightness! He also said I can still hold off on elastics for a while... YAY! But did say I'll probably have to wear them still... just shorter. He also did a little IPR on 2 bottom spaces.

Anyhow, I got my usual top and bottom full powerchains but decided to do full color this time. Even on top with my clear brackets. Light blue... I like it. It's kinda fun. My husband will probably give me a weird look though when I see him.

Anyhow, like I said JUST got back and seriously, my gap is definitely half the size it was before! Already in like 15 minutes. Gonna be sore though. This sucker is gonna be closed tonight! I can't believe it.

Here's a picture of right now... too bad I don't have my right before picture right now but I'll post it in a few days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NeilH

#144 Post by NeilH »

Hi, what an amazing difference, the gap has almost gone. And by the looks of it, everything else is lining up really nicely too. It's great to see progress and to come away from an appointment feeling things are heading in the right direction.

beckyboo0205

#145 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I can still see the tiniest of gaps on the bottom but it's mostly there! It's so weird! This sounds weird but I'm so used to being able to suck air and spit (sorry...) through my gap that now it just feels weird! Not like "Oh my god, I'm regretting it." but like.... hum.... I can't breathe through my gap anymore? That's totally weird...

Matilda

#146 Post by Matilda »

Wow! What an improvement!

Tlal23

#147 Post by Tlal23 »

Wow your teeth are looking awesome. That gap certainly closed quickly with the new accessory.

beckyboo0205

#148 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Here is the progression picture of the final closing of the gap! It's officially closed!!

And my gums officially hate me! The front of my gums above my gap look sorta inflamed. The back feels slightly swollen and very sore... like I burnt my mouth really bad. And since now I have a reason to floss between those two front teeth, I do! But that's when it hurts so bad. I try to go really slow but once I touch the remaining gums, they scream bloody murder! Hopefully it'll go away soon.

My bite is definitely weird in the front. My midlines on top isn't quite right so one of my top teeth hits the front of my bottom tooth... now that those 2 front teeth are sore though, I keep hitting them on my bottom tooth when I eat. So I have to try to eat slow. But they don't feel very sore today though so that's good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chicken

#149 Post by Chicken »

That is so awesome. Did you bring out the champagne? I miss whistling through my gap. I will have to learn to whistle the real way when these braces come off. I think that we are only a week or so apart in getting our braces. When do you think that yours will be off?

beckyboo0205

#150 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I think I can still whistle. I don't know if I whistled thru the gap though... Chicken, did you gums between your gap hurt a lot when it closed up? I guess mine feels better but it still hurts. I guess it's only been a few days.

NOOO Idea when I'll get them off. I'm supposed to be 16-18 months but I know I still have some bite stuff to work on cause of how my teeth hit in the front. He said I could still hold off on elastics and I said "Does that mean I might not have to wear them?" He said no. lol I'll have to wear them... just a shorter amount of time.