Hello everyone! I got my Six Month Smiles!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Duendecilla

Re: Hello everyone! I got my Six Month Smiles!

#16 Post by Duendecilla »

Hello!

I didn't have that problem yet! All the teeth are getting better each time! I am sure that is just they strategic way for the teeth to be straight! Anyway you can ask your dentist in the next appointment :) I had the same problem with the lips at the beginning, but you will see they will get better :) Also use more lip balm and you will be fine. You keep us posted too :D

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Duendecilla

#17 Post by Duendecilla »

Hello again! I just had my first tightening! It was a bit painful sometimes, but fine in general. He changed the wire, polished between the teeth to make more space and told me to not worry about the yellow donuts because that is always going to happen. He also said that if they turn yellow before the next appointment I can go and he will change them in two seconds (He is so nice!). He congratulated me for having the braces and teeth so clean and was surprised for the fast improvement of my teeth. Pictures:

BEFORE
16th DAY
1st MONTH
BEFORE
16th DAY
1st MONTH
BEFORE
16th DAY
1st MONTH

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Duendecilla

#18 Post by Duendecilla »

Hello people!

Just in case someone is interested, I got my 2nd tightening yesterday. It was absolutely fine, he put a stronger wire and my teeth are a bit painful today! Looking good so far!

Pictures of the progress:

BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

peppy

#19 Post by peppy »

Looking great! Your bottoms are so straight now too!

Getting my second adjutsment a week today :-)
Debraced on Friday 20th September 2013!

Loving my new smile :-D

CornishMaid

#20 Post by CornishMaid »

Hi, I got six months smiles done and I have my second adjustment coming up in a couple of weeks. Did you find the adjustments painful? My first adjustment really hurt!

paulas1

#21 Post by paulas1 »

Hi All,

Duendecilla your teeth look great. You can really see the progress. I'm also from Ireland and am day 8 into my 6ms. Pain and ulcers have gone away thankfully. Still trying to learn the whole eating thing. It has become such a hassle and snacking just isn't worth it. I tried some pizza last night and now my braces look a little off colour. I think another mistake was swapping my morning coffee for tea. Think i need to stay away from caffeine altogether! Do the brackets change colour or just the donuts? I'm not sure if they have yellowed or if I've stared at them so much I can't see straight. I'm dying for a glass of red wine! I might chance a sneaky couple the night before my first adjustment if it's only the bands that dye.

Will you have yours on for the full six months? I get serious tooth envy when I hear of people getting them off after 4

Duendecilla

#22 Post by Duendecilla »

Hello people!

@Peppy thank you! Hope your second adjustment goes great! I will have a look at your post after to see how things are going :)

@CornishMaid, Yes indeed,I found it painful the first time! The dentist said it was a good sign because that means they were moving. The worst part was when he put the donuts on! And also when he polished in between. I took a painkiller 2 hours before the adjustment this last time and it was a bit better so I can recommend it! Good look and I hope to hearing about you to tell us!

@Paulas1 great to hear your are from Ireland too! You will get better. I don't realise I am wearing them anymore! Just when I eat obviously, cos you cannot eat everything. Speaking properly took me a month or so, I had to re-learn hehe. Either coffee or tea will make your donuts (just the donuts I'd say, at least noticeable) yellow. But I actually stopped worrying about that, because whatever you eat will change their colour. Each month in the adjustment the dentist will change the donuts so it's fine. I cannot live withouth tea or coffe so I chose that :P I was 2 week avoiding them and they got yellow anyway... My dentist doesn't want to tell me how long it will take. I suppose he doesn't want to create fake expectations. However I will have them as long as I need, once I got them I don't mind to have them for longer. I just want my teeth as perfect as possible and don't want to move after! I hope you keep telling me how it goes :) Slán!

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Duendecilla

#23 Post by Duendecilla »

Hi people!

A week after my 3rd tightening I finally decided to come here and give you an update. I didn't do it before because honesty I didn't see big changes this last month. He put the chain of donuts (is it called like that?) on the lower ones and said 90% is done there and I will have them off soon. The problem is that one of the frontal teeth didn't change in the last months and I am a bit concerned about it. He said that we would try to put it straighter but I don't know, I just see it doesn't move anymore :( The uppers are on the way and I am happy so far because I see movement. I am officially half of the way, at least! Pics:

BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Tobilei

#24 Post by Tobilei »

They're looking fantastic! Yay for knowing you're half way there! I can't wait to be there!

Duendecilla

#25 Post by Duendecilla »

Thank you very much, Tobilei! For how long are you having yours on?

EDIT: I just saw your signature! Don't worry, time flies! You will be half of the way sooner than you expect!

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Tobilei

#26 Post by Tobilei »

Duendecilla wrote:Thank you very much, Tobilei! For how long are you having yours on?

EDIT: I just saw your signature! Don't worry, time flies! You will be half of the way sooner than you expect!
Thank you :) And yep, another couple of months and I'll be at the half way mark (and counting down daily :P )

k0hl

#27 Post by k0hl »

Thanks for posting pics of your braces journey. I've been considering getting 6 month smile braces so it's really useful to see examples of the results you can get - your teeth are looking great so far! :)

Duendecilla

#28 Post by Duendecilla »

k0hl wrote:Thanks for posting pics of your braces journey. I've been considering getting 6 month smile braces so it's really useful to see examples of the results you can get - your teeth are looking great so far! :)
Thank you very much!! It's being great so far, you see great movement since the first month! I am just a bit concerned about that tooth in the lower arch, I have the feeling it is not gonna get better. I will keep you updated!

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Angel269

#29 Post by Angel269 »

Looking great!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Duendecilla

#30 Post by Duendecilla »

Hello all! I had yesterday my 4th adjustment and it went really well! He told me I am very close to the end. I got the thickest wire and power chains in upper and lowers. He is going to see me once each 2 weeks for these last 2 months to see the process closer. I could get them off sooner than I expect!

The upper ones had an espectacular progress, you can see it in the new pictures. I am afraid the tooth in the lower won't improve too much. The dentist say there isa chance to have some imperfections so I am a bit disappointed about it. At least you won't see it too much.

What do you think?

BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
4th MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
4th MONTH
BEFORE