Starting 2013 with braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

Re: Starting 2013 with braces...

#46 Post by Anna5 »

Hello Kiwiburg,

I just read your story and I think it is very exciting. I definitely see some progress already. How great that your front teeth touch now! Does the ortho think he can completely close your open bite with braces alone, or is that a reason that you have to have surgery as well? I think your teeth already look beautiful and I am sure the end result will be amazing. I wish you very good luck on your journey, keep us updated!

Greetings from Anna

kiwibug

#47 Post by kiwibug »

Can't wait for next weeks adjustment! The top chain looks disgusting and very stained :( hoping I can choose a colour again this time, not a fan of clear at all! I've noticed little changes do far which has been nice. Curious what next week will bring!

Tobilei

#48 Post by Tobilei »

Good luck for next week! I have clear mini chains on the top and they get kind of gross after a while too. Fingers crossed for you you can pick a colour you like :)

Ellabelle

#49 Post by Ellabelle »

Looking great, girl! How'd the adjustment go?

Dee17

#50 Post by Dee17 »

Good luck, Kiwibug. Hope it goes well!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

kiwibug

#51 Post by kiwibug »

Wow, it's been a while! Time flies when you're busy lol.

I'll post a longer update soon, but just a quick photo for now after yesterday's adjustment.

The photo says it all today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iBorg

#52 Post by iBorg »

Wow in six months you've made amazing progress. You must be thrilled.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

kiwibug

#53 Post by kiwibug »

iBorg wrote:Wow in six months you've made amazing progress. You must be thrilled.

Mike

Really? I'm not seeing it at all. There's been little changes here and there, but I don't see a big difference.

kiwibug

#54 Post by kiwibug »

ok, quick update :)

I'm 6.5 months in... it's gone so fast for the most part! 1/6 of the time has already passed! I haven't noticed huge changes, but things have changed a little bit. Most of the big changes will come with surgery once all the gaps have closed up. I've had 5 adjustments so far, and I'm generally managing to go the full time between appointments without having to go back in now :) huge difference to the first 2-3 months when it felt like I was in there every week!

I've had a power chain on top and bottom since the 2nd or 3rd adjustment and had 1 elastic added in on the left side at my last adjustment on Monday. Tuesday and yesterday were pretty rough, but it's much better today :) just a bit of tenderness on the molar that it's connected to now.

I'll put up a comparison photo from day 1 to today, might help me see that things have changed lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tobilei

#55 Post by Tobilei »

You already had straight teeth, but your bite is definitely looking better! The uneven bite on the left side (your right) has levelled right out :)

And you have my empathy with that band! I have the exact same one except mine is on the back tooth at the bottom and the front at the top. Horrible little things rub like mad and kill the front tooth they're attached to :(

kiwibug

#56 Post by kiwibug »

Wow, been a while since I checked in here!
Nearly 3.5 years in and the past 18 months we've just been stuck in a holding pattern waiting for surgery (while I moved to a new city, started a new job and dealt with some other health issues haha). The orthodontist(s) have done all they can at the moment and now it's just a matter of waiting for a surgery date so the surgeon's can work their magic (hopefully). After that it'll be another 6ish months of tweaking and then they'll be able to come off finally!

In the meantime life goes on and the waiting game continues

ToniMaree

#57 Post by ToniMaree »

Would love to see an updated pic :BigGrin:

kiwibug

#58 Post by kiwibug »

5 years in we finally have a surgery date! I'm booked in for early March, last big hurdle before the braces come off! I'm nervous about the surgery, but pleased to finally see some progress after such a long wait.