Starting 2013 with braces...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kiwibug

Starting 2013 with braces...

#1 Post by kiwibug »

After a year of mucking about, waiting for appointments, and waiting to see surgeons, etc., brace date is finally coming up on January 7th! I honestly thought it would never happen. Eep!

I've attached some before photos taken at the records appointment in February. The last 2 baby teeth have since come out, so there's 2 extra gaps at the top.

I'm in for 2-3 years of braces with lower (and possibly upper) jaw surgery thrown in part way through. Anyone who's had experience with surgery, I'd love your input! That's the part that's scaring me the most. A bit nervous about the initial adjustment with the braces, but I know that'll pass in a couple weeks :)

I'll keep updating as things start to change :)
IMG_1417.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NICURN85

Re: Starting 2013 with braces...

#2 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats!!! What a wonderful way to start off the new year. At least you will have your big holiday meals out the way without having to worry about what to eat. What type of braces will you be getting?!! Make sure to keep us updated and look forward to following your story.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Kipepeo

#3 Post by Kipepeo »

Kiwi, your teeth are so pretty and a nice shape. I'm sorry you might have to have surgery.

Question for you...is your lower jaw shifted to your right because of how your molars meet, or is your lower arch shifted right, or is your upper arch shifted left?

I really hope they are able to get everything in line and lower arch pulled back without surgery. Time will tell.

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

Good luck for your brace date (not that you'll need it!). You already have a nice smile so it's going to look amazing when you're done. I had baby teeth too so have those gaps around the side :( Wish I could help you with surgery. I'm in for an implant possibly but not surgery. I hope you get some answers though.

kiwibug

#5 Post by kiwibug »

Thanks everyone.
Nicurn, at this stage I'm thinking full metal, top and bottom. That may still change on the day lol
Kip, surgery is a definite :( made the decision to start this journey very hard, but I've been assured its all very routine and straight forward. Not sure exactly why my bite is off, from what I've been told one jaw is bigger or longer than the other which is why they're wanting to do surgery.
Thanks Tobelei :) there's a slight possibility we may end up doing implants as well, but that'll be a last resort if they can't close the gaps any other way. I had a choice really between doing implants to close the gaps or doing everything properly and fixing my bite as well, so here I am lol

5 days to go! It's coming up very very fast now

kiwibug

#6 Post by kiwibug »

Last day of freedom... Eep! Picking up all the last bits today before I go in tomorrow morning

Tobilei

#7 Post by Tobilei »

You'll be fine!! :mrgreen:

kiwibug

#8 Post by kiwibug »

Not too worried today :) just taking advantage of eating as much off limits stuff as I can :)
Dinner will be ribs, corn on the cob and potatoes. Yum!

kiwibug

#9 Post by kiwibug »

12 hours to go!
Stocked up on bonjela and lip balm, had a good dinner and now just hoping I can sleep tonight. Still can't quite believe its happening!

Ellabelle

#10 Post by Ellabelle »

Good luck in the morning and I wish you restful slumber!!

EbonyQ

#11 Post by EbonyQ »

Good luck!!! :thumbsup: :jump:

[/url]

iBorg

#12 Post by iBorg »

I thought I'd wish you well and offer a bit of wisdom.

Remember during the entire treatment phase this is something you are doing for yourself. Its not being done to you.

It is your decision to invest in yourself. No one else will benefit.

Enjoy it. (and yes it is possible)

There are few opportunities we have to invest in ourselves like this.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

kiwibug

#13 Post by kiwibug »

And they're on! Easy process aside from some sensitivity on my lower teeth when they air dried them.
Trying to eat now before they get too sore, definitely feel a couple teeth that will be sore by morning.
Every tooth is bracketed, but the very back ones haven't been wired in. Purple ligs apart from 4 wire ties.

Overall, nowhere near as bad as I expected :)

jem

#14 Post by jem »

Congratulations Kiwibug! I started with my brace at this time last year and am now not too far from finishing.It has been easier than I expected and I have no regrets.Good luck with your new braces and let us know how you get on with them

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Tobilei

#15 Post by Tobilei »

:jump: Congrats! Mine were sensitive when they air dried them too. Glad they're on! Hope tomorrow's okay for you :)