27 - started Invisalign last week

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweetcynic

27 - started Invisalign last week

#1 Post by sweetcynic »

So, after having a palate expander/retainer as a young child, having dentists not agree on whether I needed braces when I was a preteen/early teen(didn't have them then, I'm glad as it probably would have had to be redone), and then having my wisdom teeth push everything forward and worsen my overjet and overbite in my late teens until I got them extracted, I'm finally doing something about it. I just started invisalign last Wednesday, have 42 trays, and more attachments than I can recall. My ortho warned me that I may need a few months of fixed appliances at the end, but for the next year and a half the treatment will be invisalign. Attached are some before pics. Wish me luck!

sweetcynic

Re: 27 - started Invisalign last week

#2 Post by sweetcynic »

And here are my "before" pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HummerMan3

#3 Post by HummerMan3 »

Hi bbsadmin,
How is your Invisalign treatment going? Have you appreciated any significant problems with pain, speech, etc? I just won an auction for complete orthodontic treatment and I'm hoping that Invisalign is an option for me. I should know when I go to my consultation appt a week from today.

KOB

sweetcynic

#4 Post by sweetcynic »

So far, so good. Here are my week 9 pics. Pain was only bad for the first 3 days of the first aligner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetcynic

#5 Post by sweetcynic »

And here are my week 14 pictures:

sweetcynic

#6 Post by sweetcynic »

And now, week 23. I am now at the 25% mark, yay!