My experience with the Inman Aligners

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NickelNikki

Re: My experience with the Inman Aligners

#31 Post by NickelNikki »

Thankyou :)

It was very unfortunate, 5 of them consisted of our cat and the kittens she had just had.

I had Inman Aligners on both my top and bottom teeth.

View my progress here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41962

NickelNikki

#32 Post by NickelNikki »

Month 1 and 4 days

You know how it says you can use retainer brite to clean the aligners?

Well, you can. As long as you don't mind the metal wires oxodizing.

Thankfully it's not compromised the structural integrity of the aligner, but it doesn't look all that pleasant. I'm going to stick to my old toothbrush and some water for cleaning them from now on.

My teeth are hurting an awful lot all of a sudden, but the top ones especially appear to have moved a lot last night. They really do seem to be undergoing a period of very rapid change.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#33 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

NickelNikki wrote:Month 1 - Pictures
[All pictures are flipped around to be true to life]

My teeth in their entirity from a front on angle. The teeth on the left hand side have moved more than the teeth on the right hand side.

My front top teeth from a different angle. I'm pleased with the progress of the left teeth. The front left tooth has been brought more inward and the tooth next to that on the left appears to have aligned with the larger one next to it. The right hand teeth have changed but have not made as much of a drastic improvement.

My bottom teeth. The two on the left have definitley aligned with one another and the very front left one has come forward slightly. The tooth next to the very front one on the right has begun to align with the rest of my mouth but the very front right tooth does not appear to have moved any. I'm hoping that it's merely a case of that one being the last to move.

This is a week 3 and 1 month comparison. My teeth look better from the side now.

This is what my profile looks like without the aligners in (top picture) and with the aligner in (bottom picture). As you can see, they cause my top lip to protrude a significant amount.

This is what my top aligner (top picture) and bottom aligner (bottom picture) looks like when out of my mouth. You can see the clear plastic moulds of my teeth on the top aligner and the plastic part that goes over your gum on the bottom aligner (that doesn't fit me properly).
WOW They're looking AMAZING!!! Thanks for shpwing us the aligner I was curious as to what it looked it. Looks neat.
Jenn Medeiros

NickelNikki

#34 Post by NickelNikki »

Why thankyou. I'm so pleased with the results, I can finally smile again with confidence! They're really very clever but simple in design.

NickelNikki

#35 Post by NickelNikki »

1 month and 6 days

I had my aligners out for 8 hours today (for a date, it went really well, hence going on for so long!). I saw a definite shift back in my teeth. In a way I'm pleased - they seem to at least want to move quickly. I'm sure they'll be back to their usual progress by tomorrow.

I can sing in the aligners now by the way. I can also make the ch-ch-ch cat noise now, which I couldn't do at the start. Whistling in them is still difficult. People that see me frequently are saying that they've stopped noticing my lisp now.

NickelNikki

#36 Post by NickelNikki »

1 month and 1 week

My teeth moved back into their improved positions over night. I can feel a lot of pressure on my bottom teeth and my mum remarked that they look much straighter today.

I went out in public with them in today. Apparently the aligners don't reduce your attractiveness, as proven by random members of the public. Nobody seemed perturbed when I took them out to eat.

I'm going to post a few pictures later on today. There's been some definite changes in my mouth in the last week!

NickelNikki

#37 Post by NickelNikki »

1 month and 1 week pictures
All flipped the right way around.

And my bottom two teeth before the aligners, 2 weeks in, 3 weeks in, 1 month in and finally 1 month and 1 week in:

BracedSurgeryStudent

#38 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

WOW your top teeth the front ones are straighter than mine and I been in braces (damon) for 9 months
Jenn Medeiros

NickelNikki

#39 Post by NickelNikki »

Hi there Braced :)

Thankyou! Ahh, but your teeth all look fantastic, and just think, all of your teeth will be perfectly straight by the end of your treatment.

I've not had much movement recently - my bottom teeth are fighting for space, so I'm just waiting for my adjustment on Wednesday. They should start moving again after that.

NickelNikki

#40 Post by NickelNikki »

Month and a half appointment

Hi guys! I just got back from my 6 weeks appointment. And guess what?

I might be done by next time!

My dentist is a fantastic person, he seemed almost as excited as me at the progress. He said my teeth have certainly come a long way!

I'm really so very happy with my progress. I've been smiling properly again for the first time in over 14 years! I'm so proud of my new smile. I've even been getting more people smiling at me in the street and starting conversations with me. I really feel so much better and more confident now, and I just can't wait until my teeth are all straight! People have been commenting on how much brighter and happier I am.

My dentist mentioned something about whitening being the next step. I'm not sure if that's part of the treatment or a stand alone thing. Either way, I'm just so glad to have a real smile back.

Huzzah! :D

BracedSurgeryStudent

#41 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

NickelNikki wrote:Hi there Braced :)

Thankyou! Ahh, but your teeth all look fantastic, and just think, all of your teeth will be perfectly straight by the end of your treatment.

I've not had much movement recently - my bottom teeth are fighting for space, so I'm just waiting for my adjustment on Wednesday. They should start moving again after that.
Thanks :) I actually am getting my braces off in a year. I think that whole people having braces on for four years isn't for adults lol. Mostly for kids because they need tog et baby teeth pulled/wait for them to come out and their growth etc.
Jenn Medeiros

BracedSurgeryStudent

#42 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

And awwwwwh! Congrats on your new smile. I know my confidence has been raised so much since my braces.
Jenn Medeiros

NickelNikki

#43 Post by NickelNikki »

One month, two weeks and two days

So, I had my aligners out for about six hours last night when I went clubbing, and the good news is that my teeth didn't move back at all whilst I had them out.

I've noticed that my top lip doesn't protrude as much with the aligners in now. I think this is because my teeth are straighter so that the plastic bars lie flatter against them.

I'm a bit impatient for these last few minor changes to take place now, and a little anxious about what kind of retainer I might need after the treatment. I really want to keep my end result as perfect as can be, and would wear my retainer exactly as directed.

People have been commenting on what nice teeth I have. I just can't believe it! It feels amazing for people to smile back when they catch a glimpse of your grin. It also feels really good to be able to laugh without being embarrassed by my teeth.

Sassy

#44 Post by Sassy »

Hi, I've just read through your story so far and it's really motivated me! I got my IA fitted 2 days ago so I'm still a newbie. Hope my teeth move as quick as yours! I've been quoted 12 weeks :-) xx

NickelNikki

#45 Post by NickelNikki »

Hi there :)

Thankyou for reading, and I'm glad it's been of some use to you. The self confidence that can be built throughout this process is truly astounding. Congratulations on getting it fitted, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results, and you get a lot more used to it as time goes on. My teeth are nothing special and this device is designed for time efficiency so I'm sure your teeth will be on the move soon as well :)