Fyrelight's Canine Saga = EPIC COMPLETE

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

~*mAnDy*~

Well Done!!! Great SMILE:)

#16 Post by ~*mAnDy*~ »

Hey! Well done, your smile is lovely, it looks just about perfect. Wish I had a smile like yours. :lol: Congrats on completing your 'journey'.
~GoNnA gEt BrAcEd~

fyrelight

#17 Post by fyrelight »

Thought I'd add these here...

Upper palate:

Lower palate:

Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

cari04

#18 Post by cari04 »

ah! they are gorgeous!!!!!! i am ready for my canines to be exposed. i hope it comes soon.

i bet youre smiling righ tnow. :)

Class III with impacted canines.
ESTIMATED treatment time: 2 years

Bluerain

#19 Post by Bluerain »

WOW No cavities!!!

How old are you?

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.

fyrelight

#20 Post by fyrelight »

Yep, no cavities yet.. I'm 31 !
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

MadeIn1984

#21 Post by MadeIn1984 »

That's awesome, Fyre. That's one department in genetics that you were probably blessed in.

I haven't a single cavity in my life either. Granted I'm only 21, but that's not *terribly* far off from 31... :twisted:

Crossing my fingers. :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

fyrelight

#22 Post by fyrelight »

Well, I *did* end up having one cavity a couple of months ago... tiny sucker, but ruined my track record! :x

Anyhow... I thought I would go back and post some pics of my treatment, for those that don't want to go to my website... So, there they are:

Image That was right after my 1st exposure surgery. Note the gold chains attached to my impacted canines.

Image Here the gold chains are at the end of their usefulness... we've cut off a link every month or so, and the last link is attached to the little brackets under my gums, but there's no way to pull on the chains anymore and get any real tension, so its time to uncover them and LEAVE them uncovered.... NEXT exposure surgery.

Image Here we are after the LEAVE-THEM-EXPOSED exposure surgery.

Image They continue to move down, and real brackets get attached.

Image That's the end of the story, and braces will be removed.

Image Braces are off, everyone is happy....... THEN the canines start to RISE!!!

We do braces for 6 months more (metal this time)... and canines come back down and stay down (for the most part) this time.

And, the lastest picture done several months after the braces, to show the canines STILL down, this time......
Image The canines rose a little, but I'm still happy with them.

Okay, so that's it now. You've seen the whole story in pictures... well, maybe not the WHOLE story -- I have some more pics, but you get idea from these at least.
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

CelestialVoices

#23 Post by CelestialVoices »

Congrats on everything working out for you! :)

hannah164

#24 Post by hannah164 »

Fyrelight!

Your story is inspirational! I also have 2 impacted canines and I have to keep reminding myself that eventually they will come down and look right! :wink: Patience, patience! :roll:

Its funny, because everyone else's ortho brought their canines down differently. My ortho, after finally attaching a bracket to my second canine, didn't attach it to the wire as it was to high up but put a powerchain from it to the back molar and its opening up a huge gap! :shock: I can't figure out what he's doing but hopefully he knows what's best! :roll: Maybe he'll attach it to the wire next time! :)

You have a lovely smile! :D

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Shawnie

#25 Post by Shawnie »

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. You are an inspiration to me as I will soon be going through the same thing. Glad to see everything worked out for you.

Your teeth look beautiful!
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Super Soo

#26 Post by Super Soo »

WOW your teeth really do look amazing now, you must be so happy!
Full metal uppers and lowers 28.02.06 at age 26

http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

fyrelight

#27 Post by fyrelight »

Well, here it is a couple of years later, and I'm still doing okay. My right canine went up a smidgeon.. maybe 1mm or so. No one notices, so I'm not worried about it. I rarely wear my retainers... just when I happen to see them in the medicine cabinet.

Since the braces have been off, I've had my first and second cavities ever, though. Tiny lil ones in the pit/groove areas of my molars... didn't even require any injection to fix. All in all, I guess that's cool for being almost 34 now! :)

Good luck all that are still on your braces journey. I pop in once in a great while to see who is still here that I remember and all...
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

bbsadmin

#28 Post by bbsadmin »

Congrats on all the good news and the fantastic progress you've made over these past few years! Enjoy your beautiful smile! :D :-88
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

fyrelight

Long time!

#29 Post by fyrelight »

Haha, I searched for my nickname, and found this website again! It seems like so long ago since I had braces (2005). Definitely worth the journey, including the canine exposure. :BigGrin:
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,