OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beauty is Pain

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#286 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey klobird, just one thought - does your phone have earphone thingy??? If you do, you can send the pictures via earphone thingy to your computer (presuming your computer has earphone thingy also) :)

klobird

#287 Post by klobird »

ROFL!!!! Read my last post (dated today) on "I have pics,but I need help" on the "Metal Mouth Forum"---you will be able to see that I have all kinds of thingys on my phone--and those thingys are making me lose my mind!!!!! Thingys on my phone, and thingys on my computer--and all I want to do is show pics of the thingys on my teeth!!! mwaaaahhhhh--- :cry: :cry: :( :cry:

klobird

#288 Post by klobird »

OK, well there are a couple of pics on Metal Mouth Forum--doesn't really show the huge huge difference in my overjet--unless we can get up the side view---still trying. I have 7 pics, but only seem to be getting a couple to go thru....
And it's not fun anymore.... :( (Actually EbonyQ is doing all the work!!--Thanks Eb!)

klobird

#289 Post by klobird »

So Ebony said she will post my pics here too--and then they can be compared to my pics on page 13. I was soooo embarrased at first--but since then and now it's getting a lot easier to have my pics posted on my blog. They really are getting better!!

And I still have 18 months to go....18 months chocked full of fun surprises...hmmmmm.. :shock: :yikes: :soremouth:

EbonyQ

#290 Post by EbonyQ »

:D

[/url]

klobird

#291 Post by klobird »

And there they are via Norway!!!! (The Pacific NW couldn't be much farther away!!!) Thanks Ebony!!! I really appreciate it!

So, for those who don't get it--I had to text my cell phone pics to Ebony's e-mail in Norway, and then she put my pics up!!
Ya, I had to do it the hard way...well, ok, Ebony had to do it the hard way!!! :-**

So, it will be 7 months in a few days, and that's where I'm at--I am really happy about it!!! I try not to let my mind even go to the place that says maybe I will have braces off in less than the predicted 2yrs....one adjustment at a time...

So ya, I really do have teeth, and I really do have braces!!! :tingrin:

(Oh, and the before pics and 4 months pics can be found in a link at the bottom of page 13....)

BracedSurgeryStudent

#292 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Going back to the April Posts, yeah I would be super duper happy if I was told I could get the on early. I remember when I went to get them on. It was my top row of braces and my herbst appliance going in and I was scheduled on Sept 6th which was the first day as a sophomore in college, they called me up and said not to come in and I got really sad :( So then they said no herbst appliance just full braces no spacers or molar bands so I lucked out and they said I was coming in in two more days on the 8th. I was soo excited. But I miss my steaks and I could probably have them since iI buy super thin thin steaks, I def WONT get popcorn because I know how terribly it used to get stuck under my gums and infect my gums before braces so id rather not i still do doritos tho I break off pieces with my hands nad put them in my mouth nad let them sit then chew slowly, and pizza from the over is def a hassle :-+ :-= So I just go with Dominoes <3 :) or soft squishy pizza like that nad yes Ive eat Dominoes crush soooo deliciouso.
Jenn Medeiros

EbonyQ

#293 Post by EbonyQ »

It did not go very well... I'm crying... :cry:

[/url]

klobird

#294 Post by klobird »

Hey Eb--I pm'd you....I am so sorry it went badly... :(

BracedSurgeryStudent

#295 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey Ebony Q you got your braces on today?????????????!!!!!!! That's awesome :) You will be soooooooooooooooooooo glad that you did because now you can't say no out of fear and that is jsut what you wanted I am ohhhhhh soooooo happy for you :) :jump: :tingrin: Now we're officially bracefaces. Btw we both have the SAME exact braces type. We have Damon System, 3mx.
Jenn Medeiros

EbonyQ

#296 Post by EbonyQ »

No, I did not get braces... I'm not doing it, I can't do it... :cry:

[/url]

BracedSurgeryStudent

#297 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Awh :( You ended up telling him no? so sorry to hear that :(
Jenn Medeiros

Beauty is Pain

#298 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Oh no Ebony!! What happened?!! I hope you are feeling better now!!!!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#299 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey Eb, if you ever want to talk I'm here for you. :) PM me or just reply to any of the posts I responded to you on. Don't think this has to be the end of it though, you may or may not change your mind, but your ortho is there for you 5 hours from now, 5 days from now and even 5 years from now so if you ever decide to get them on, he'll still be there waiting. I have an undeniable fear of getting knocked out to go to sleep for surgery, and i have surgery a lot at least one a year :( I literally get there and have the IV in and everything and I literally freak out crying saying I refuse to go in there. My doctor knows so he helps me through it everytime, he is always smiling and he talks to me to get my mind off it and before you know it I wake up. Yeah don't worry Eb, might not be your time now for braces. Don't give up but you definatly don't have to rush into anything. My ortho was out for the summer as far as putting peoples braces on, her schedule was chalk full. But i remember her saying she wanted to get on the ball with me. I had my first consult June 15th, then she told me Jenn get a cleaning just so I know you won't get harmed by my braces masking underlying conditions. I went the next week then the week after like she told me to I came back for the last consult. I planned on Sept 6th, 8th, 20, 22 to get spacers on banding and herbst appliance and top braces. I made those appointments with her receptionist. But she relooked at my case and new appointments and said ah just cancel everyone but the 8th and shes getting full braces. Here I am today which was good for me because the anxiety was killing me. I just wanted those things on, I mean the faster they get on the faster they get off LOL. It's already coming on being 3 months.
Jenn Medeiros

Beauty is Pain

#300 Post by Beauty is Pain »

BracesSurgeryStudent, I totally get what you mean, all the anxiety and everything. Yeh Eb, don't rush into it. If you don't think you are ready now, then don't do it. Maybe in a few months time, you will be and then everything will be fine. Keep smiling! :)