anxiousgirl's braces story.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

anxiousgirl

Re: anxiousgirl's braces story.

#106 Post by anxiousgirl »

SunshineRay wrote:I enjoyed seeing your progress pics! Your teeth are beautiful now!!
thankyou so much! :D

I had my adjustment today, more like an appt than an adjustment.
So exciting.. the assistant took my powerchains or 'e-chains' as they call them off
They measured my overbite and i cant really remember what it was.. 1. something mm's
Then the actual ortho came over and had a look and his exact words were "Well, I can't see any reason for your braces to stay on any longer!"
I couldn't even believe his words! He scheduled an appointment for next week.. yes NEXT WEEK FOR ME TO GET THESE BABIES OFF!!!!
So pictures will come next week when they are gone!
We had a quick chat about retainers since one pair is included in the cost he suggest the hawley, but I think I will try and get my parents to pay the extra $300 for a set of essix's

I CANT EVEN CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT! IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG

braces on: 21/02/2011
lower braces off: 20/03/2013
upper braces off: 04/04/2013

anxiousgirl

#107 Post by anxiousgirl »

thought i may as-well add some pics of what they look like one last time before they come off:

there seems to be a gap appearing between my two front teeth since he took the powerchain off the other day, but it should be alright. he said to fix these he would have to rotate the roots of my teeth too far which would be impossible and painful.

my elastic hooks also seem to be coming loose or something, but im not really worried about it since they're coming off wednesday but if they fall off i will ring them.

klobird

#108 Post by klobird »

Wow--that is sooooo cool!! I will be getting mine off in 39 days and I can't wait!! I bet you are super stoked!!

klobird

#109 Post by klobird »

P.S. You're teeth look fabulous!!

anxiousgirl

#110 Post by anxiousgirl »

klobird wrote:Wow--that is sooooo cool!! I will be getting mine off in 39 days and I can't wait!! I bet you are super stoked!!
klobird wrote:P.S. You're teeth look fabulous!!
thanks klobird :oops: :)

yes i am super excited! but i am really nervous as well! i have always had a bit of a fear regarding the impressions/moulds and hate it when they take the photos of my teeth with the mirror in my mouth, it's not pleasant but it's the last step!

my main fear is that i will just look weird without braces and my straight teeth won't suit me or something... :lol: weird i know! but i guess im just so used to having the braces on i can't imagine myself without them

klobird

#111 Post by klobird »

I totally get it! Getting my braces off really worries me, especially about whether or not they are ready. It is weird how used to having braces I have gotten... :tingrin:

anxiousgirl

#112 Post by anxiousgirl »

ahhh so i went to get them off today... long story short they only took the lower ones off.
they asked me if i was happy with the appearance of my teeth and everything and i was a little concerned with the gap which had gotten worse since i had posted the photos.
the ortho agreed and gave me two options:
1. take off the lowers and put a powerchain on the uppers and have them on for about another 3 weeks
2. take off both and with the impressions taken from the top get the lab to adjust the retainer to fix the gap, or something along those lines.
i was so excited to get them off and was honestly going to go with option 2, but my parents have spent so much money on this and if its only another 3 weeks for them to be finished off properly its not so bad, even if im regretting my decision now to have kept them on.

it was an odd experience getting the lowers taken off though! a bit of pressure and slightly uncomfortable, and in the end i was fine with the impressions. my teeth feel so strange and look quite large but i think thats just because the uppers are still on.

so i go back tomorrow to collect my lower hawley, then back in 2 weeks to see how the uppers are going and then hopefully a week after that to get them off and get impressions for my upper hawley and upper and lower essix's.

so that was my day :cry: but im glad my teeth will be finished off properly rather than rushed to get them off from excitement

Tobilei

#113 Post by Tobilei »

Yay! I'm glad the lowers are off and as frustrating as I'm sure it is, you'll be glad you kept the uppers on to fix the gap. I think when you've invested so much time and effort (money aside) into something like this you want it to feel worth it at the end.

Lol @ being worried about not liking your straight teeth. I've had the exact same thought as my front gap closes up! That and a whole heap of "What if I look weird with straight teeth" thoughts :shock:

anxiousgirl

#114 Post by anxiousgirl »

Tobilei wrote:Yay! I'm glad the lowers are off and as frustrating as I'm sure it is, you'll be glad you kept the uppers on to fix the gap. I think when you've invested so much time and effort (money aside) into something like this you want it to feel worth it at the end.

Lol @ being worried about not liking your straight teeth. I've had the exact same thought as my front gap closes up! That and a whole heap of "What if I look weird with straight teeth" thoughts :shock:
It's just a tad annoying because I was so excited haha. But I have to admit I am pretty glad I kept them on because the retainer may not have closed it. Haha yeah it's so weird looking at the bottoms, I feel they looked straighter with the braces on. It's just so strange to me at the moment.

UPDATE: I went today to see how the gap was closing. He looked in my mouth for literally 20 seconds at the most and said its great and they can come off next available debanding appointment! So they come off in two days!!! About time haha. Hoping I don't jinx it this time around.

I'm still getting used to the retainer, my mouth feels a bit dry especially when I wake up in the morning. He said I'm going to have to be super strict and wear them full time for a year or two atleast. Sorry I haven't posted any photos of those yet, ill get round to it eventually!

anxiousgirl

#115 Post by anxiousgirl »

THEY'RE OFF.. THEY'RE OFF... THEY ARE OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!
finally.

it seemed to take longer than taking the lowers off, and i was A LOT more nervous for some reason!
They look so foreign to me haha but good and i got the 'slimy' feeling which everyone talks about.
after he took them off we discussed my remaining wisdom teeth which need to come out soon, and the gap on the lower right and my options for that.

here is the long awaited end result:
(i will follow up with the orthos photos when they send them to me for comparison)

ahhhh i cant believe it. and i am so happy i waited for the gap to close, it was the right decision for sure.
i go back tomorrow to get my upper hawley retainer and both sets of essixes as i already have the lower hawley.

Kipepeo

#116 Post by Kipepeo »

Anxious girl, they look fabulous!

jem

#117 Post by jem »

Fantastic result-congratulations!

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Tobilei

#118 Post by Tobilei »

Yay!! They look wonderful!!!!! And I have to wear a retainer full time for 18 months to 2 years afterwards too. Glad you have them off!!! I have debanding envy :mrgreen:

GillyWeed

#119 Post by GillyWeed »

They look beautiful! Congrats on your new smile :heart:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

concorde

#120 Post by concorde »

Perfect teeth!!! I hope also my deep bite will be so well resolved!
Really, your smile is marvellous!