Braces tomorrow... ! : gorie's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kristine

#16 Post by Kristine »

Wow, that's progress already! 8)

Leslie

#17 Post by Leslie »

Yes, It is exciting to see changes so fast!! I see it in your picture, isn't it great :-#)
Leslie
Ceramic & Metal since 9/14/04

gorie

#18 Post by gorie »

by the way i can chew most foods again without hurting too much. :)

i just noticed what a big difference there is in my profile today... 1 month after getting braces on. my teeth don't stick out!!!!!!!!!!! wow.
except i kinda think my smile looks cuter pre-braces , but i am sure once my bite is better and everything falls into place it'll be better :)

bbbsq11

#19 Post by bbbsq11 »

Wow! That's exciting to see results so fast! :D
Braced December 21, 2004 (top front six teeth only) Ceramic
Treatment time: 9-12 months
Next adjustment: Feb 1, 2005

gorie

#20 Post by gorie »

yes very exciting ! :) my laterals are looking a lot better also.

Leslie

#21 Post by Leslie »

That's fantastic, Gorie! Your smile looks great :banana: !!
Leslie
Ceramic & Metal since 9/14/04

Dodger(UK)

#22 Post by Dodger(UK) »

I agree, I love seeing before and after pictures and I promise you, I will post mine up as soon as I can. :D

mommak8

newbie question to you about your photos . . .

#23 Post by mommak8 »

Hi,

How do you get your photos to appear directly in your post without having to have a link? I have not had my braces put on yet, but did a photoshop simulation of how I will look post braces that I thought y'all might enjoy . . .

Kate
Braced 11/16/2004 Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers, one extraction. Serious midline discrepency, open bite, cross bite, crowding.

Huon

#24 Post by Huon »

Ask your ortho if he can put ligature rings on the cleats inside your bands. That makes them much smoother and they don't annoy the tongue as much.
You have a beautiful set of braces. Have fun with colour. It lifts the spirit when you are feeling grumpy.

gorie

Re: newbie question to you about your photos . . .

#25 Post by gorie »

mommak8 wrote:Hi,

How do you get your photos to appear directly in your post without having to have a link? I have not had my braces put on yet, but did a photoshop simulation of how I will look post braces that I thought y'all might enjoy . . .

Kate
you just have to use the IMG tag around your link , there should be a button above where you type your message text that says IMG , just click it once, type your link, and then click the IMG button again to close the tag. then it should appear as an image rather than just a link. hope that makes sense... :)

gorie

#26 Post by gorie »

update on my smile !! :) (my bottom lip is really chapped and got even more sore after getting some of the polish on it while they were cleaning my teeth at the dentist.. in case you're wondering why my lips are 2 different colors!!! it looks funny hehe)

me last year before braces:

current smile:

they've straightened out so much after just a few months!!

#27 Post by Guest »

Wow, Gorie, looking great! :pinkbraces:

Eleni

#28 Post by Eleni »

Wow gorie. I swear in the last picture "current smile" you look just like my friend Georgia, except she's a blond. Great progress by the way!
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

Kristine

#29 Post by Kristine »

Wow, they're looking so straight! 8) 8)

Dodger(UK)

#30 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Coming along nicely and speedily, Gorie. Well Done!! :D