Another braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

msbee

Re: Another braces story

#61 Post by msbee »

Wow, amazing progress, can't believe it's been only 2 months since your braces have been on!

I also love how neat your progress pics are. It's exactly what I was trying to achieve with my thread, but somehow all the dimensions of my images are unequal so it looks so messy!

Thanks for sharing!
My teeth were sentenced on 7th May 2010 to be imprisoned for 2 years.
What they did behind bars: My braces story
Finishing wire on since 4th October
Debraced June 2011!!

luchababe

#62 Post by luchababe »

Starting today, I am now paranoid that my teeth are going yellow.

I always used whitening toothpaste (who knows if it was really working or not) and did whitening strips twice a year. But I can't do either with braces so it's regular toothpaste for a while and now I'm thinking I'm going yellow. :roll: Can teeth really turn colour that quickly when I don't smoke and only drink coffee and teeth occasionally? The more I stare at my photos, the more I see it's the colouring of the room and the clothes I'm wearing that are reflecting on my teeth. But knowing that doesn't help 100%. Some photos my skins looks yellower because it was a dull day and the bathroom light had to be on.

JUST when I think I've got a handle on things, I think of something else to worry about.

Braces should come with monthly therapist visits. :-+

Ellebraced

#63 Post by Ellebraced »

Luchababe I think you have teeth on your mind......

you said ..........Can teeth really turn colour that quickly when I don't smoke and only drink coffee and teeth occasionally?

YOU ARE DRINKING TEETH...gross

Anyways I truly believe teeth can turn that quickly. I know mine have but yours do look SUPER DUPER white

I am about to try baking soda ( I did prior to braces), I think I have about 6 or 7 different toothpastes, 3 mouthwashes and nothing is working, they are like an orangey yellow colour, it looks HORRIBLE...when you look at them from 2 inches away in the mirror

Good Luck, if you find something that works, let me know

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

Kirsten2011

#64 Post by Kirsten2011 »

Hi
Felt like i was looking in the mirror for a moment!!!!! The shape of your teeth is just like mine!!! my front one is also protruding just like yours - weird how this stuff happened to us hey, and other folk just have amazing teeth with not wired assistance!!! :-*
But at the end of it all we too will have stunning smiles!!!
Good luck with your treatment - keen to read your updates as your progress!!!
Cheers!!!! :D

luchababe

#65 Post by luchababe »

Ellebraced Oh brother! I never noticed my typo. :oops: Luckily I think I'm over my paranoia, for today anyway. I went looking, because I like to torture myself, for pictures of teeth that have brace shape stains after the braces are off. I had a really hard time finding any! The few I found seems to be worse case scenarios where the person took horrible care of their teeth. So I don't think we have too much to worry about. Next I'm in for an appointment I'm going to try and ask just what I'd have to do to get those stains. Sometimes that kind of question gets a better answer than "What should I do so I don't get those stains?".

Kirsten2011 It's funny how one can find a tooth twin around here! I've found others with the same crooked teeth and they ended up lovely. It's like looking into the future!

jensceana73

#66 Post by jensceana73 »

I like that idea....a brace therapist. Someone I can go to specifically to vent about my braces woes. Lovely. By golly, I think you've hit on something here. :wink:

God...think how sick he'd get of us though. Always pointing out each and every single little itty bitty tiny weeny thing we see different about our teeth/braces. The slant, tilt, color, size, position, are they tender, now their too tender, now their not tender enough, can you see that gap, why isn't there a gap, why is there a gap, what color ligs should I get, should I get ligs, should I get colored ones, wish I had gotten colored ones, are my teeth too yellow, why are they yellow today they weren't yesterday, are they too white, why aren't they white, should I use this toothpaste, how about that toothpaste, why not this mouthwash, maybe I shouldn't use mouthwash...........OMG...OMG..... :yikes: I could go on forever and ever about all the things we obsess about with our teeth now that we have braces. And too think, we generally only do it with ourselves, maybe our ortho.....yes...by golly I do believe a brace therapist is a FAN-FA-REAKING TASTIC idea!!!!! :-*
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

sjeanine

#67 Post by sjeanine »

Thanks for posting all the pics! I havent had my braces on very long...almost two weeks and it really helps to read others stories....keeps me from feeling so alone in this journey and to know what to expect. Your teeth are soooo white! You are lucky there...mine are very yellow and I have lots of fillings/crowns. I love your ticker too! I went to ez ticker and couldnt find that one! Did you have it special made? Oh, what are "ligs?" Thanks.

sjeanine
luchababe wrote:I know it really helped me to see and read about other people's experiences so I thought I'd return the favour and post photos of my own journey.

Braces on Oct 28, 2010

- have some TMD on the left side, open bite starting to appear
- no ligs needed
- a few bumpers added to stop teeth from hitting brackets, makes it hard to chew

ImageImage

54 years old when braced...Dec 27, 2010
Ceramics on top and bottom teeth with metal behind canines
two teeth were pulled (top, behind canines)

luchababe

#68 Post by luchababe »

sjeanine It really helped me to see the results of others so I'm returning the favour hoping my teeth can help someone else! And thanks for liking my teeth! I've always used a whitening toothpaste and did whitestrips twice a year. I hope they're still white or whiteish by the time the braces come off. I designed my ticker myself since I couldn't find any dealing with braces or teeth. If you go here http://www.ezticker.com/tickers/other.html you'll find it at the bottom of the page. "Ligs" are those little elastics certain braces need to keep the wires in the brackets. I have Damons which don't need them. You might have Damons too, it seems like if your ortho uses ligs then you can choose a colour for them.

sjeanine

#69 Post by sjeanine »

Hi and thanks for allowing me to use your sig/sticker but, as you can see, I cant figure out how to make it look like the picture...just getting the code. How do you get it to show the pic?

luchababe wrote:sjeanine It really helped me to see the results of others so I'm returning the favour hoping my teeth can help someone else! And thanks for liking my teeth! I've always used a whitening toothpaste and did whitestrips twice a year. I hope they're still white or whiteish by the time the braces come off. I designed my ticker myself since I couldn't find any dealing with braces or teeth. If you go here http://www.ezticker.com/tickers/other.html you'll find it at the bottom of the page. "Ligs" are those little elastics certain braces need to keep the wires in the brackets. I have Damons which don't need them. You might have Damons too, it seems like if your ortho uses ligs then you can choose a colour for them.

54 years old when braced...Dec 27, 2010
Ceramics on top and bottom teeth with metal behind canines
two teeth were pulled (top, behind canines)

luchababe

#70 Post by luchababe »

sjeanine Looks like you've got it figured out!

tashay1985

#71 Post by tashay1985 »

Luchababe, your teeth look Amazing after such a short amount of time! WOW they look very very white I wouldn't worry about them at all, they do not look yellow Not one bit!...I myself have noticed when i take pictures If it's nice and bright in the room they look whiter. If its darker or later in the day my teeth look more Yellowy eeeek! lol I've been using I believe its called Crest Pro-white toothpaste, hopefully it's working for me :HugeGrin:
How long do you have in braces? Yours look like they'll be straight in no time, love the pictures, good luck on the rest of your journey I'll definitely be following :-) :D

jensceana73

#72 Post by jensceana73 »

Just noticed your guys ticker. Cute!!!! :heart:

Love the kissing Lips....tashay1985. Wish I new how to do stuff like that. I'm lucky if I can even get a ticker on there without blowing my computer up!!
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

tashay1985

#73 Post by tashay1985 »

tashay1985 wrote: I've been using I believe its called Crest Pro-white toothpaste, hopefully it's working for me :HugeGrin:
Woops! I meant crest 3D White :-) silly me :mrgreen:

luchababe

#74 Post by luchababe »

tashay1985 I totally agree about the bathroom lighting. I'm finding now I see spots on my teeth but I don't know if they're on my teeth or are just shadows from the brackets and wire that are cast as I crane my head and neck around!
I use Colgate Advanced Health toothpaste. It does everything but whiten since I'm paranoid about whitening around the brackets.

jensceana73 I'm glad you like my ticker! I've got a similar one saved up to use when I know when the braces are coming off. :mrgreen:

NurseJ

#75 Post by NurseJ »

I am getting braces in one week...at the age of 30! I've been looking for advice/tips to prepare myself, and I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your posts. Your teeth look awesome!

Julie