Another braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BaliGirl

#16 Post by BaliGirl »

luchababe, thanks for sharing!

You do have beautifully shaped/colored teeth, they will look FANTASTIC when you are done!
What I've learned:
If anything is going to teach me patience, it's braces.
You are so right about this! Although I'm not sure mine are teaching me patience so much as perseverance (Internal dialog: 2.5 years of braces - what was I thinking? Hmm, maybe I can get through 2.5 years of this. No, I WILL get through 2.5 years of this.)

luchababe

#17 Post by luchababe »

Dilema, ShySmile, BaliGirl, my teeth thank you for your support!

ShySmile

#18 Post by ShySmile »

Hey whats a good teeth whitener?

luchababe

#19 Post by luchababe »

I used Crest White Strips in the shiny blue box. It says to use them for 30 minutes every day, but they make my teeth sensitive afterwards so I did them for 20 minutes every other day.

luchababe

#20 Post by luchababe »

Week 3. I think it's time for another photo shoot.

Image Image

Ever watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? All I hear is Dee's "Goddammit, you guys!" referring to my teeth. MOVE already! I know, I know it's only three weeks in. One or two teeth might have shifted but I think I'm just seeing things. And it's really hard getting the same angle as my first set of photos so there's no way to tell yet.

The Good:

The brackets and wires have embossed themselves in my lips and cheeks. It's like the styrofoam that fits around a new stereo when you unpack it from the box. Everything fits snuggly now, no wax needed.

The aches are gone.

Every second thought used to be about my teeth. Now it's every fifth or sixth thought.

The Bad:

Every fifth or sixth thought it about my teeth.

I went to The Royal Winter Fair this past weekend in Toronto. So many food stalls! And so much food I couldn't try. It really hit me then how not being able to tear into food limits my choices of things to eat. Plus there was a booth selling british candy and they had my favourite kind there! Fruit Tips! Not only that but they had the bestest flavour packaged all on it's own. But it's very chewy and gummy and there's no way I could eat it.

I had my first teeth dream. I dreamt I woke up one morning and had extra teeth growing under my tongue.

What I've learned:

I can eat sushi just fine. Phew! I can also eat pizza with a knife and fork.

What I'd like learn:

My TMD is on the left side of my jaw. My open bit is appearing on the left. My teeth are more crooked on the left. The start of my gum recession is on the left. Coincidence?

musiclover

#21 Post by musiclover »

I really enjoyed reading your blog! You're teeth are super nice and you will definetely have a gorgeous smile after you get your braces off.
I was thinking that when I get my braces taken off (in 2 years! lol) i'll get the whitened professionally but after seeing your photos..maybe crest white strips are the way to go!
About the food limitations, I've heard from friends that after you've had your braces on for about a year, you will be able to find ways to eat all of your fav foods. Maybe not chewy candy, but almost everything else. There's hope yet! :)

ShySmile

#22 Post by ShySmile »

luchababe- Love your posts!

luchababe

#23 Post by luchababe »

musiclover - I use the strips maybe twice a year and always used whitening toothpaste. But I guess I'm giving those things up for a while! As for my fav foods, most of them are bad for me so giving them up probably is a good thing. :wink: I haven't been to a movie since getting my braces on so I've yet to see how painful it is to NOT eat popcorn.

ShySmile - Thanks! I'm trying to amuse myself as well as others...

JessieJ

#24 Post by JessieJ »

Hey and thanks for visiting my page!!

Might I add that I am jealous of your teeth looking so white!! Yor teeth are gonna look great :D
Jess

ShySmile

#25 Post by ShySmile »

True true about the popcorn! You should have seen me attempt to eat sushi the other day...oh my! What an adventure. Seaweed hanging off my brackets...so not lady like! I can see a slight improvement already.

Im only 3 weeks and 1 day and one of my lower teeth has straightened up quick smart! woo hoo for us! :jump:

luchababe

#26 Post by luchababe »

Week 4. Oh, bliss! Oh, rapture! I see movement!

Image Image

Yes! I guess it all starts with one tooth, one on bottom and one on top and the rest should fall in line like dominos.

The Good:

They're moving! They are actually moving!
Flossing is getting faster.

The Bad:

The loose, creepy feeling is now spreading to my molars.

What I've learned:

Ordering japanese noodles for dinner was a disaster.

ShySmile I'd be VERY sad if I had to give up sushi. I can chew it, not probs, it's all pretty soft anyway. It's the time spent afterwards digging rice out from my brackets with my tongue before I get home to brush I don't like.

ShySmile

#27 Post by ShySmile »

Wow look at those babies go! They def have moved.

benj

#28 Post by benj »

Wow, so much progress already! You must be thrilled!

JessieJ

#29 Post by JessieJ »

Wow congrats!! I hope to see that much movement at my 4 month anniversary :lol:
Jess

luchababe

Re: Another braces story

#30 Post by luchababe »

Week 5

Since I'm getting into the months now, not just days and weeks, I'm going to try and post photos at the month mark. I'm still taking them every week for my own records. They've actually moved a bit more since I took the one month photos 4 days ago.

Image Image

The Good

So I’m at home yesterday trying to drink from a glass and walk at the same time when BONK! I hit my front teeth with the rim of the glass. Yikes! I stop and clutch my mouth with my hand and run my tongue along the inside of my top teeth at the front to see what the damage is. No damage at all but I suddenly notice I can’t feel my overlapping tooth from the inside any more! They’re almost straight! Did I knock it into place with the glass?! Probably not but it’s a great story I’ll be telling. That tooth that’s coming down, the bracket on it isn’t bothering me as much, my lip doesn’t get hung up on it like it did at the beginning.

The Bad

Looks like today is my first cold with braces. Lozenges are tricky since I can’t suck on them properly, rolling them around my mouth.

What I’ve learned

Patience really is key. I’m really starting to see movement now.