starting braces at 40!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

petal

Re: starting braces at 40!

#76 Post by petal »

Today I went to the ortho for what I thought would just be some simple x-rays and I ended up getting a new bottom wire and my first power chain to close the space between my front two upper teeth. That is one powerful power chain! My space was closed within a half hour of getting my power chain. Wow!! My mouth is a little achy tonight and I am glad I am off work the next couple of days so I can adjust....Oh, and I discovered that sometime recently I must have swallowed the blue button on one of my back molars. My ortho said I don't need it anymore, so no big deal. Looking forward to my next appointment in mid August.

Crazy4Snow

#77 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Wow, that is fast! I know I'm gonna have those too...they look worse than ligs! :( Owww.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

petal

#78 Post by petal »

Hi Crazy4Snow, The powerchains have given me pain for about 2 days. They are finally starting to feel better. I must say that even though the space between my teeth would tickle me each time I saw it, (when I started braces my front teeth had a slight overlap), I love how my teeth look with out the space! They are really coming along. The ortho said he thinks he will remove my bite turbos in August....Hooray!!

petal

#79 Post by petal »

I had not realized how long it's been since I posted on here. I guess you get to a point where you don't think about your braces everyday and time just slips away. I was supposed to get my braces off last April, but they are still correcting some bite issues. I now have a debanding date in August. To say I am excited would be a major understatement! I have enjoyed this journey and I am one ready to move on to my next adventure!

starfish88

#80 Post by starfish88 »

I needed to read this! I'm on day 2 and feel rubbish right now...my whole mouth hurts. That you can enjoy the journey is really inspiring! Thank you

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

petal

#81 Post by petal »

Hi starfish88, it does get easier. You will get used to them and there will be times when you realize a month has flown by without any issues. This is a wonderful site, so many wonderful people to help rally you when you need it! During the times when it seemed like I would be stuck with my braces forever I would come here to look up stories of people getting their braces off. Make the most of this journey and when it's over you can look back with an amazing smile and feel so proud of yourself for seeing this through to the end! I wish you all the best! Good luck!

petal

#82 Post by petal »

I finally have my upper braces off. My bottom braces will remain until I can get an implant done in January. Yesterday after having my upper braces removed it seemed so strange to look in the mirror and not recognize myself. Today I woke up and fell completely in love with my teeth. They really turned out well! Braces are a crazy ride, but totally worth it!!

BraceFace2o1o

#83 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

petal wrote:I finally have my upper braces off.
That is great news :D
petal wrote:Today I woke up and fell completely in love with my teeth.
Aww that is so nice to read. I am really happy for you! I hope I feel as happy with mine when I'm done
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos