Scared Little School Girl

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jensceana73

Re: Scared Little School Girl

#226 Post by jensceana73 »

Crystal and drgnchsr36....isn't it amazing how much we NOW are obsessed with our teeth. I think many times, "if only I would have been this way my whole life, maybe my teeth wouldn't have gotten so bad". One really good thing with being this way now, is my kids see me constantly....brushing, flossing, picking, staring, brushing, flossing, rinsing...you get the picture. So, hopefully they'll pick up some good oral habits.

Ok, so yesterday I had an adjustment. It was...the most....uneventful one I have had to date. Period. Which I guess on one hand it a good thing. NO PAIN. :D
I was a bit worried going because I had to cancel my earlier appointment in the beginning of the month, so I ended up having to make this one at their other office. So I was, just a tich concerned about getting.....dun dun DUN.....NURSE..HATCHET. Wasn't sure if they would know at this office about my lackoflove for her royal painintheassness. But, I didn't get her and life....was grand. Well, minus the fact that there was about 15 kids under the age of 15 there. Ya, I looked like an old granny next to all of them. hillbillyish.

No new wire, same old same old. Mr. Personality said things were coming along just fine.."just fine I tell ya". :roll: Had a couple of wire tires re-wired. That caused a smiggin of pain, but other than that, he was pleased to see the last tooth, has finally decided....to come hither.

Got new lig colors....and no....there NOT Valentine inspired. Will show, when I post pic's later....after my 3 year old.....decides to re-enter earth as a human, and not....an alley cat...in heat. :huh:

whydidihavekidswhydidihavekids
whatwasithinkingwhatwasithinking
momentofweeknessmomentofweekness
thankgodforvasectomysthankgodforvasectomysthankgodforvasectomeys
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

Click Image to view my SAGA

drgnchsr36

#227 Post by drgnchsr36 »

hahaha...

kids are great.. except when they're not ;)

My 2 yr old keeps me on my toes.. sometimes they're the most pleasant to be around, and other times.. man, what got into them?!?! ;)

Glad to hear that it was uneventful! I'm hoping the same thing with my son, he seems me brush and floss all the time. He actually started getting interested in flossing his teeth -- good sign!

jensceana73

#228 Post by jensceana73 »

Ok...I haven't done this in a while....
Day 295
Day 1

As you can see, I went with hot pink and mediterranean blue. Love it...just love it.

Not a fan of the front view.....as much as I am from this viewImageImage

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!!!!!

Anyway,as you can see by my front view...my teeth are touching...only on one side. And that would be one major reason why I'm not a huge fan of showing that view off yet. Because my teeth aren't coming down or up for that matter, at the same time. So it really makes my smile wonky donked. Big Time. But.....it's coming a long. When I look at the view up...and see those teeth finally......FINALLY...come out and around, why....why.....I could just .......smile. :pinkbraces:

Holy Shi-it....I just looked over the pics and look at my day 1...the front two brackets were literally "kissing" each other....and now...now there's.....SPACE!!!!!!!!! Why, why I'm so happy I feel like a......"school girl"....ahhhh shucks... :crazy:
If God wanted me to have straight teeth, he would have made my parents rich..or so I was told....

goin4it

#229 Post by goin4it »

:jump: Looking great and giving us all hope.

I love reading your post and your commentary rocks....classics such as dun dun dun and Who's yer Daddy. Hell Ya!! :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work, :-88

NurseJ

#230 Post by NurseJ »

Your teeth look great! Gives me hope that my teeth will look good too. Good choice of colours, almost makes me wish I was getting metal instead of ceramic!

jensceana73

#231 Post by jensceana73 »

Thanks NurseJ and goin4it.....your comments are much appreciated!

So, I was looking over my post just a moment ago and.....is it just me, or does my mouth (the one looking up at the roof of my mouth) is it just me or do I now resemble.....a large mouth bass? :huh: :huh:
I mean, HELLO.....it really does. It really does resemble a large mouth bass. So basically, I've paid 6500 dollars, so that I can now look like...... a fish? :cry: Nice. Real Nice.

No really, I think the lack of caffeine is getting to me. 23 days and counting. No caffeine.
No coffee, no soda, no cappa's, nothing. NOTHING!!! :yikes: God help me, I would do anything for a diet C-oke on ice. ANYTHING!! :roll:

Oh, but just think how much more healthier my body will be. (ya, right....whatever :evil:)

goin4it

#232 Post by goin4it »

I'm not seeing it....I tried squinting and everything :wink: but still not seeing the Bass....large or small mouth.

I thought maybe I would see like maybe a goldfish or something but Nope :huh: Not seeing any fish resemblence at all.

:thumbsup: your good to go. dont sweat it.

loradora

#233 Post by loradora »

Hi Jen - you should have been a stand-up comic. :D Your teeth are looking great. Love your photos and the way you put your finger over your upper lip so we we're not looking up your nose. :lol: Have you tried the GUM Proxabrush to get between the brackets and gums?

jensceana73

#234 Post by jensceana73 »

Alrighty....so, I've got a pretty stressful week ahead of me this week...so this is more of a vent...but I'll throw in a couple brace issues.

My 3yr old is getting ready for another surgery at the Mayo. A lot of travel ahead of us in the next couple days...and what...what do you say.....there's blizzard warnings out. Oh ya. Like I need one more thing to stress about. And to think...I completely forgot to get the dogs ready for mushing........ :roll:

My left front tooth.....feels so loose, I'm just about ready to call the ortho tomorrow and find out if this normal. I mean...so loose, I feel like it is hanging on by just a little itty bit of "skin", like when you were a kid, and your tooth was so loose, but you didn't want to just yank it out cause you were like...."but it's still in there"...barely. Well, that's how this tooth has been feeling. I truly am starting to get just a "titch" concerned. I know that they can get loose, but I can wiggle this.

Anybody out there know how to prepare a 3 year old for a surgery? Do I tell him? Do I not tell him. What do I say? Oh ya, and anyone know a sure fire way to prevent tears from falling while doing it? The last time he had one....he was an infant....so there was no need for verbal prep. Now....he's gonna freak when they come to take him......and I'm.....freaking out about it.

I've noticed....that I have heartburn lately. But I've had it for months. I've also noticed....that because I'm not a real fan of chewing since getting braces.....that I gulp. Like I...cut up my food so that it's in pretty small bites....then I chew, chew, and chew some more, and then my jaw gets tired of chewing......cause I feel like I am just not getting my food chewed up good enough (probably cause my back teeth don't line up right....bite is way off as of right now) that I then....just swallow. GULP. Not an expert here.....but can that cause me to have heartburn? Because I have noticed for quite sometime, that I have been...."gulping", and now....the heartburn is starting. Just a thought. Cause GOD knows the heartburn couldn't have anything to do with the stress I'm feeling right at this moment. Noooooooo. Not that. :huh:

Ok...pitty part over....you may now turn off your computer..... :crazy:
Thanks my peeps......

drgnchsr36

#235 Post by drgnchsr36 »

I would try to sit your 3yr old down and explain it in kid terms (if possible) ..tell them not to worry, you'll be there before they're asleep and when they wake up - I'm pretty sure they'll allow parents to be with them at those times. I know what you mean though, this type of thing is really stressful. *hugs* I'm going in tomorrow with my 2yr. old who needs dentist work and he has to be sedated. I'm not happy about it, a bit worried about it - but myself and his dad will be with him the entire time.

Just let them know that they'll be OK and you'll be there for them.

iBorg

#236 Post by iBorg »

First I hope the surgery is a success. As a parent I know how hard it is. I don't know the reason but fear its major. I'd try to explain that its something that needs to be done to either keep him feeling good or help him feel better. Explain you love him. Its not anything he did, just sometimes God needs a little help. Tell him your friends and family will keep him in their thoughts and wish him well. Reassure him that you'll be there until he needs to go with the doctors and you'll be waiting for him when he comes out of surgery. Tell him you love him.

For yourself....stress can cause a lot of heartburn. Also smaller bites and chewing your food more fully will help reduce it.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

mikesmile

#237 Post by mikesmile »

Hi Jen,

I couldn't help noticing your absence here for the last 3 weeks or so...Your last post mentioned preparing your 3 year old for surgery. I have a 3 year old myself (daughter), and can certainly feel for you. I know you didn't go into detail about your little guy's condition, but it sounded serious...

I just wanted to send along my well wishes for your son, and your whole family. I hope everything's okay...

Mike

Second Time In Braces - Estimate 12-14 Months

Wore Braces Twice As An Adult .....Finally Happy With the Results
5/85 - 11/87 Metal Braces T/B for 30 Months w/ elastics.
1/22/10 - 4/15/11 Metal Braces Top 15 Months / Bottom 1 Year w/ elastics.
Essex Retainers T/B Full Time, then switched to Night Time.

jensceana73

#238 Post by jensceana73 »

HOLY CAT MAN DO....I better get to postin.....it's been awhile!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks to all who have been wondering how I'm doing. I'm a boob. My son's a trooper. He's doing well. For those of you who have offered such kind words....I thank you. You just do not realize what a simple "I'm thinking good thougts for you" do during one's difficult times. God Bless to those who have offered them. :-9

Now, I have been one busy son of a gun. For those of you who have read....my son had surgery in early Feb. His doing well, swell!!! Coming along just swell. :wink: And I...have decided to take some classes here at the local college. I've been a very busy, scared little school girl. VERY. School...really? At my age. What on Gods green earth was I thinking. "I'd really like to better myself", ya...ok. WAKE UP! "I'd like to try something new"....ya, ok....WHATEVER!!!! School's a little different than it was the last time I was there. OK....A LOT different. Why you ask? Well, for one....I...have braces. And everybody and their aunt.....notices. Everyone. Though they are...a great ice breaker. But the comments of..."wow, didn't know you could do that at ....at....YOUR age"...are getting a bit...old. (no pun intended) And primarliy women. What's up with that.

Not much to post about my teeth. Not one single thing has changed, and I'm becoming a bit frustrated. This month will mark the 1 year point and I just assumed, they would be completely straight by now. Needless to say....they are not. Close. But no cigar. I have an appointment on Monday for my zillionth adjustment....so we'll see what ol happy pants has to say. Oh yes....and I cannot wait....CAN NOT WAIT.....to change out this color. Spring colors maybe.

Will post more when I have more time.....it's time I now...do some homework. (God I thought I'd never have to say that again after my last stint in college.....)

Toodles for now peeps. :BigGrin:

iBorg

#239 Post by iBorg »

Thanks for posting. Knowing you're doing okay, in a buried under homework way, is good to know. I'll admit I was worried about you.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jensceana73

#240 Post by jensceana73 »

Sorry for the worry...I tend to become extremely wrapped up in my son's well being around surgery time. As I'm sure most parents do. I really do become a big boob. I kinda get to where I don't really want to talk to anyone outside of the "circle", because I become somewhat ornery. :x Anyway...that's done with for now, so....onwardhoe....or is ho...or

I have found one thing very interesting with all of this.....when people don't know what to say to you...these braces are an awesome ice breaker. I mean, one look at me and their like..."hey,you have braces" and then they go into their story, or thoughts, or experiences.....no more...long pregnant pauses.

And, I just realized Mike....You got debraced....the day I got....BRACED. How very interesting. :HugeGrin: