Snap, Crackle....POP !

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

voodoo1492

Snap, Crackle....POP !

#1 Post by voodoo1492 »

Hi all!!!!

I had a quick question for all of u braces geniuses.......
I just got my braces on a little over a week ago, and I noticed that my 2 front teeth makes a popping sound when I push my tongue against them. Is that normal? :?:

ThatsMrsGeek2U

#2 Post by ThatsMrsGeek2U »

Mine was more of a click, but I think I had what you are talking about on some of my teeth.

There is some discussion of this about halfway down this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2961&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#3 Post by nahky »

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had it when i had my spacers in before the braces too. And about 1-2 weeks after getting braced.

Its been 3 weeks and it has stopped now, i think the teeth arent shifting as much now thats why... not sure

but seems very normal
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

Linalin

#4 Post by Linalin »

Yeah I had that as well, and asked my ortho about it. He said its because the teeth become loose so they move and sometimes pockets of air (or something like that, don't quote me on it lol) are in there and make the noise
August 29 2003: Top braces on
February 2004: Bottom braces on
April 1 2005: Surgery to remove Maxillan primary right cuspid, all 4 wisdom teeth, and have adult tooth exposed
August 2005: *Was* the expected time of removal