week three in braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

girl in agony

week three in braces

#1 Post by girl in agony »

Hi i .am 25 femLe from cali . I been reading tthis site for a month i got braces on june28-2010. I was soooo excited to get braces after ten years ofwaiting. I got married had a baby who is now 3 ,recently became a nurse. So i was horrified with my crooked teeth since i started doing my nursing. People really look in ur mouth when they talk to u. I was so embarassed and icould even feel them looking down at me since my teeth are .really crooked. I mean i felt like i .can look my best but with crappy teeth there is no point . So i was super .excited. i got spacers and week later braces. After she put brackets on me and told me to rinse i was .shocked i looked uglyyyyy my mouth was weird my lips looked huge andmy lips looked nastyy. From that day to this day i wake up i want to cry. I look so weird . I dont go out my face looks long .i dont know:( i cant believe iwas sooo excited now i wanna just hide under cover . Did this happen to u

ninath1

ninath

#2 Post by ninath1 »

Yes I became super self concious, especially meeting people I haven't seen since before I got braced. Everyone notices them as they are big and metal and filling my face but probably only half actually mention them. I've noticed that its the genuinely closer friends who comment on them - some of which like to tease a bit, which is OK. Others don't say anything, maybe they feel it would be impolite but I usually then bring them into the conversation just to get rid of the "big white elephant in the room". If I'm not feeling too self concsious I just don't say anything as after a month of wearing them, I am more at ease with them and accept that they are with me for the forseeable. So everyone else will just have to get used to them too!