Bride in braces?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danni

#31 Post by danni »

Hi Guys,

I read the posts and can't help but become more entangled with my inner thoughts about my braces and my wedding. I have dealt with it from an an emotional level, from an rational (I think) level and sought the advice of others and have come to the conclusion that it is truly a personal choice and I honestly believe I can live with my decision that my wedding is more important than worrying about how I look with my braces. It is my intention to make this a most special day.

I have looked at several other dresses and I think I like this one. I find it simple but elegant and for an august wedding is will definitely be more comfortable.

I have an ortho appt tomorrow and hoping they have run out of elastics.

Talk to yours guys later.

Libby

#32 Post by Libby »

That's a very pretty dress! It looks simple and not too overbearing for an August day. I'm engaged and was to be married in the fall, but we're pushing the wedding off til next fall since I will -hopefully- be out of braces by then and I'm due to have surgery in August and will probably be puffy faced for awhile. =] Good luck with everything!

gokix

#33 Post by gokix »

Great dress, very classy. :)
Good luck on your journey!

danni

#34 Post by danni »

thanks for the kind comments re: the dress, I think that is the one.

Had an ortho appt the other day and unfortunately they had plenty of elastics left in their cabinet and gave me my new allotment for the next month. :cry: She told me that I am making progress on my open bite then she will work on my midline. She also used some special pliers and put some bends in my upper wire. Those bends must be working as it felt like three of my teeth were going to fall out the next day and even just looking at them too hard caused pain. No pain no gain?

All is going well with the wedding plans and my fiance said he has a surprise for me regarding the honeymoon. Can't wait.

Talk you guys later!

shinyRiver

#35 Post by shinyRiver »

We're such lucky girls, danni! I got more elastics and even special bends in my upper wire too!! My upper arch wire looks like

__________/''''''''\________________

I guess because maybe my left front tooth was bracketed too high initially.
Whatever the reason it feels like it's being jammed back into my jaw. D: ugh.

danni

#36 Post by danni »

lucky in love- lucky in life

shinyRiver

#37 Post by shinyRiver »

I love your dress, danni! it's really quite beautiful! do you know where you're going for your honeymoon or is the destination the surprise?

brace bride2b

#38 Post by brace bride2b »

Hi!

I've just had braces fitted and I'm getting married in 11 months!

Check out my post:
viewtopic.php?t=35030

Just came across your post and the responses have made me feel a lot better, I'm so up and down on if I've done the right thing this week!!

Flaka

#39 Post by Flaka »

I am getting married this July, in braces. It is not a church wedding but a little ceremony at the registrars office in Gretna, Scotland. I don't mind having my braces on the day of my wedding; honestly it is the last thing on my mind :)

It is your big day, your desicion, so o whatever makes you happy and Congrats!

danni

#40 Post by danni »

Hi Flaka,

Thanks for the input. A small civil wedding sounds pretty good right now. Wedding plans are going ok but it looks like my future mother-in-law won't make it. She has serious health problems and is not expected to live till August. I told my fiance that we could change the plans but both he and his mother wants to continue as planned.

As far as the braces I have accepted the fact that I will be wearing them and it no longer is a big deal. I'm going to enjoy the day and just smile till my cheeks hurt.

good luck with your braces and have a great wedding!

shinyRiver

#41 Post by shinyRiver »

So sorry about your fiance's mother, danni- my prayers are with you and all of your future family.

iBorg

#42 Post by iBorg »

I've always thought that if you can survive the wedding you should be able to be happily married.

If your hubby to be is okay with it, it is your decision. Have you asked your ortho about removing them for your wedding and fitting you a retainer for the honeymoon? It may or may not be possible.

There is another way of looking at it. In many ways braces are like glasses. They're a medical device to correct a medical condition. If you wore glasses would you not wear them for the wedding? If yes, I'd be concerned about the braces. If not, do you think they'll matter to others? If so, does that really matter to you?

I know the wedding is in August. I hope the question of braced or not does not override the joy of the planning and anticipation for a great day.

May you, your family and groom and his family have nothing but wonderful thoughts about each other.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

I love my teeth

#43 Post by I love my teeth »

Dani-

sorry to hear about our Mother in law :cry:

My husbands mother passed away 6months before our wedding--it made the day difficult, but we always felt she was there with us. We did try not to "bring attention to it" We decided not to do a formal "bride dancing with her father" thing--because as we know, that is always followed by "groom and his mother" so, my dad and I just danced a quiet dance, and told the photographer to get some pics.

best of luck, love the dress!!
-Christine
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I love my teeth

#44 Post by I love my teeth »

oops- I meant sorry to hear about your mother in law (not "our" mother in law!!)
Wore Braces for 2 years, 5 months, 3 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

iBorg

#45 Post by iBorg »

I'm so sorry I missed the post about your mother in law. I hope a miracle happens and she is able to join the family.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.