HeyBuckey!'s Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: HeyBuckey!'s Story

#376 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hello Everyone!!!

Even though I don't have pictures quite yet I did want to give you all an update. My Ortho was EXTREMELY excited that the gap closed and I was given another wacky wire and I was double chained again (Powerchain over brackets-wire-powerchain over wire). My Ortho also I think put a kink in my wacky wire to bring my upper lateral incisor on the right down a little and guess what else?

I HAVE A FINAL EVALUATION IN 2 WEEKS 5 DAYS!!! A WEEK OR TWO LATER (or less) IT'S TIME FOR DEBANDING!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to post pics tonight!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

lau

#377 Post by lau »

OMG girly girl!! you are almost there- soooo exciting for you. can you believe? wish you the very best.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

HeyBuckey!

#378 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Oh Yeah!!!

I'll be in clear retainers. Hopefully she remembers to smooth my teeth which are kind of jagged and have always been that way since they grew in. She thought they were chips in my teeth which was pretty funny. :-D Then she recognized both teeth had it. :-P
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#379 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Thanks Lau!!!

I was so shocked when she said "take off the braces." I'm like what? No! Really?! I'm still in disbelief! This is so exciting! I'm so excited! I can't wait!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

Ellebraced

#380 Post by Ellebraced »

OMG you must be thrilled !!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you, I have been following your story for 1 1/2 years (of your 2.5 years) so it seems crazy your journey is almost over.
How many more days, hour, minutes, seconds is that ??? :-*

What are you big debrace day plans??? :thumbsup:

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

Ellebraced

#381 Post by Ellebraced »

Oh One more thing I can't tell if your excited??? :wink:

I can literally see the smile on your face :D

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

opera^gal

#382 Post by opera^gal »

Buckster...whoodefrikkenwhoo!!! I bet you won't be sleeping soundly until you are metal free!
Congrats!
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

catgyrl

#383 Post by catgyrl »

WOWEEEE!!!! I TOLD you you could get them off right now (give or take 2 weeks). I can totally feel your excitement, and I'm so happy for you. Your patience has paid off.

You absolutely must give us the blow-by-blow details of your debracing.

HeyBuckey!

#384 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Everyone!

So I finally finished my photo shoot, :P and this is what my teeth currently look like:

Say Cheese Grater!!!

Right side

Left side - Minus the Gap!!!

Upper Row - Yes! No more gap!!!

Lower Row

Final bite pic

And the kink in wire bonus pic. Can ya'll see it? It's between the upper incisor and lateral incisor.

Also what I forgot to mention is my lower row has been chained. I believe next visit is going to be final tweeking and a finishing wire placed. I don't know why I want a finishing wire so bad! :-P Anywho, I'm still not 100% happy with how my teeth are lined up but I think that's just my OCD talking. I mean did you see my before photos? Did I see my before photos? I should've, I was the one who took them! Anything that's near perfect is 300x better than what I had before!

COMMENTS:

Hey Ellebraced! Thank you sooooo much for following me for the past 1.5 years! It's been much appreciated! Is there another word that describes how excited I am other than excited? I'm gonna have to dictionary.com it. :-P As for my debanding plans I think I'm gonna keep it simple because I know my teeth are probably gonna feel really awkward for that first month or two, not to mention they'll have to get used to a clear plastic coating rather than brackets and wires. :-P I think I may eat gummy bears and other soft chewy candies. Sadly, I just got the final evaluation date memorized, BUT I probably will to the day time it when they say they're coming off on ___________. Then the REAL countdown begins!

Hi Opera^Gal! I desperately wish my final eval was tomorrow! I'm going to have to wait forever feels like! It's after midnight for me finally so I have 2 weeks 4 days left until my next appointment. The good thing is I've got a whole lot of stuff in between to do with Passover and us moving coming up soon! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!

Catgyrl!!! I'm passing the baton to you! You are next to be debanded! :-D You were absolutely right! These braces have been a huge pain in the butt for this past year! I'm overwhelmingly excited! Of course, I'll provide details. Forgive me if they are a day late, but I definitely have plans to put up pictures and descriptions once I'm officially finished!

I've also decided (just now) that I'm going to continue to stay on AW, at least until all of my retainer exams have been completed! After this long journey I realize I love seeing everyones teeth move! It's like the most exciting thing ever to me now! Maybe I'll get bored, maybe I won't but this is another family I seemed to acquire unaware and I hate to go missing straight out the Ortho chair. :heart:

FYI...Today is my 30th month in braces! I made it to the very end of what my consultation told me! :-P

Time to go night night. If I don't go to sleep I'll never get closer to my next appointment. :-P
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#385 Post by HeyBuckey! »

FYI...:soremouth: My mouth hurts.

It could be the reversed curve wire, the double-chain on my uppers, powerchain on my lowers, the kink in my wire, or all of the above. But they are aching like crazy!

I don't remember my teeth giving me this much pain since...I have no idea...

And I DO NOT want to go on a soft-foods diet. :-( I've gotten too far to go that route!!! (At least in my perception anyway...)
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#386 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hello Everyone!

Quick Update:

You remember my mean tooth? No?

How about now? :-P It's the lateral incisor on the right (on left according the picture).

I doubt anyone could tell but it never fully got inline with the rest of the teeth. I had just got used to that being how my teeth were and as long as they looked good I didn't care if every tooth was in "its place" when I get my braces off. Then this week totally changed my mind. Yesterday I was at work helping someone when I felt a weird "CRUNCH!" Of course being as crazy as I am I searched my mouth and felt something a little different with the tooth. I looked in the mirror and what do ya know!!! It has been realigned and now fits with the rest of the teeth! Right now it's kind of loose so I think there is a little more aligning it's going to do.

This is so cool! And here I am thinking my teeth had no more moving to do!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#387 Post by HeyBuckey! »

P.S.

THERE'S EXACTLY 2 WEEKS UNTIL MY FINAL EVALUATION!!! :jump:
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

TMJJill

#388 Post by TMJJill »

That is great news. Your smile is so beautiful.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

kellyb

#389 Post by kellyb »

your teeth look perfect already :D
i am sure you will have these braces off in no time :-*

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

HeyBuckey!

#390 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm still around, I've just been crazy busy for me for the past two weeks but it still feels like these two weeks have been going at snails pace! Just 5 more days until my final Evaluation! I wonder what they'll say and whats going to happen. I really wish they'd just take them off then because I have the day off from work. I don't want to lose anymore hours at work to get my braces tweaked.

Thanks Kellyb & TMJJill! Soon!!! Soon they'll be off! No more mouth ulcers!!! Yes!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009