HeyBuckey!'s Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: HeyBuckey!'s Story

#361 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Thanks Lau!!! I hope so!!! The gap hasn't closed all the way yet but it will have to eventually. :-P

Hi VioletJay!

Just to let you know, I think your Avatar is about the awesomest one I've seen!!! Really cool. :-D

Thank you so very much and congrats on jumping on the "Straight Teeth, Beautiful Smile" bandwagon!!! It's so very worth it even if it does take a really long time for them to take them off. :-P I was terrified of having teeth pulled but it really wasn't that bad. The stories about drysocket really got my mind going and was not good for me to look at seeing I have a tendency to over analyze everything! I was also worried about pain as well but it went smoothly. You have the same sentence as I had (or have...whichever one comes first. :-P)!

I know you feel like panicking but the anticipation is the best part! You're going to walk away with the greatest smile ever! And your going to be an inspiration to adults who want straight teeth!!! The beginning days are really awkward however...all of it will just be a memory in no time though!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

HeyBuckey!

#362 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Ya'll!

Nothing much going on here...just trying to avoid going to the second page. :P

My gap has closed a little more on a good note, and my in 3 weeks appointment is this coming Thursday! I'm hoping for some good hopeful news!!! Wish me luck! (and for this gap to close for that matter! :-P)
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

VioletJay

#363 Post by VioletJay »

HeyBuckey! wrote:Thanks Lau!!! I hope so!!! The gap hasn't closed all the way yet but it will have to eventually. :-P

Hi VioletJay!

Just to let you know, I think your Avatar is about the awesomest one I've seen!!! Really cool. :-D

Thank you so very much and congrats on jumping on the "Straight Teeth, Beautiful Smile" bandwagon!!! It's so very worth it even if it does take a really long time for them to take them off. :-P I was terrified of having teeth pulled but it really wasn't that bad. The stories about drysocket really got my mind going and was not good for me to look at seeing I have a tendency to over analyze everything! I was also worried about pain as well but it went smoothly. You have the same sentence as I had (or have...whichever one comes first. :-P)!

I know you feel like panicking but the anticipation is the best part! You're going to walk away with the greatest smile ever! And your going to be an inspiration to adults who want straight teeth!!! The beginning days are really awkward however...all of it will just be a memory in no time though!
Ha! Thanks! I am cautiously excited but nervous too... Oh well, it's to be expected I suppose! I created the Avatar myself in Photoshop from an image I found. "Yeah Baby" just seemed appropriate at the time...haha!

Not long until you graduate from your braces now! :)
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

HeyBuckey!

#364 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey VioletJay,

One milestone down! One to go! Congrats on becoming toothless! Your family is going to call you all kinds of awesome toothless names until those gaps close. Even if they can't see them!

Stay in anticipation! Don't become a bump on the log like most of us...by most I mean me...do! I should really consider being more creative with the software I have on hand! That is really cool! You inspire me to want to take my braces off in Photoshop, but I KNOW that's going to take forever for me to do...I may just have to wait for the real thing. :-P
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#365 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Well...I have an appointment tomorrow...I wonder what my Orthodontist is going to say?
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#366 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi Ya'll!!!

So, I've got some good news and some not bad but not my favorite news...

The good news...

I HAVE PICTURES!!!!

Smile!

Right Side

Left Side

Lowers

Image Image

Uppers & a close up of my gap

Bite

And a bonus picture!

Details below...

And for the not so great news.

So. As you may realize, I've been in these things for over 29 freakin months! I'm tired of flossing, brushing, eating, and doing anything else that involves my braces. I was hoping to have them off before my birthday (4/14) but it looks like they won't be off then but it'll be "close" meaning they could come off any where from 2 weeks to 1 1/2 months (this is my estimate) or more! I'm seriously willing this gap to close and I really hope it does this go round. The metal is exhausting me. :cry:

As you may see I'm back in elastics. This time they are the "Impala" elastics. Kind of like the rabbit but twice as thick. They are making my sinus infection a lot worse! In regards to the bonus picture I have two...I'll repeat...TWO powerchains. I have one over the brackets alone, followed by the wire, followed by ANOTHER powerchain. Needless to say I feel the tug. Now, I have to come back in another 3 weeks! Please let me see some light at the end of this tunnel!

On a lighter note, my teeth look GREAT when they take out the wire to let me brush. I'm truly amazed at how straight they are so far, and I'm even glad I'm not being rushed to get out of my braces because there are certain things about my teeth that I truly believe still need a little attention and I know my Orthodontist is going to give that to me.

Anywho! I'm done ranting, raving, and glorifying!

Goodnight!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

jem

#367 Post by jem »

HeyBuckey,

Your teeth are looking fantastic- as they should after you have put 30 months into this. You must surely be almost finished now.

Your set up with two powerchains (whilst looking fine) must be the perfect food trap. How do you manage to keep it clean? I am anticipating getting my first powerchain at my next adjustment and would appreciate any tips. At present I just use the little tepe brushes and an ordinary manual toothbrush.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

kellyb

#368 Post by kellyb »

wow, your teeth look amazing :mrgreen:

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

Ellebraced

#369 Post by Ellebraced »

Heybuckey

Your teeth look awesome. How frustrating that one area is delayed. The anxiety must be awful. I think when they finally tell me I am weeks away I will be sooo bloody anxious and start counting the hours then minutes then seconds. I was thinking but your Birthday isn't forever (cause mines a week before yours) then I'm like oh right that's soon LOL, can't believe its March already.

I will think positive, happy thoughts for your teeth (and mine of course) Sure hoping you get the only Birthday present you really want or even a great belated gift :)

PS Almost 30 months is CRAZYYYYY. I think you have been patient enough, MOVE TEETH MOVE!!!!!!!

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

HeyBuckey!

#370 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hi Jem & kellyb!

Thank you all so very much for visiting me while I'm in a stinky little mood. :-P

Jem, I am very close to being finished. It looks like I'll be doing around 31-32 months since there is still some tweaking that needs to be done. I'm super excited! I can't wait until they tell me I can get them off!

Oh my goodness! I wish there were a more descriptive word than food trap! I'm a fisher (i.e. I search my mouth for little morsels of food with my tongue.) and these things are driving me Bonkers! I can't tell if it's food or my powerchains! I don't know that I'm doing a good enough job of keeping them clean because there have been moments when I have found little chunks of food that was probably hiding and I just couldn't see, feel, or reach it but we'll see how this goes.

Normally, powerchains are not that bad but because I have two it's a little harder to brush, I haven't flossed yet but I can definitely see this being a slight problem. The little brushes are the best I have also heard great reviews on water picks. I personally don't have one at the moment and I too am doing everything manually but I recommend it to help keep under your powerchain clean (it's a plaque magnet.).

I hope I answered everything! Good luck with the powerchain! They'll be kind of tight in the beginning and even later on sometimes but once it's on you'll get used to it. Powerchains are my favorite part of my treatment thus far. :-)
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

catgyrl

#371 Post by catgyrl »

Okay, I must be really strange, but I think those double chains look HELLA COOL!! Did you get those to close up gaps? I almost welcome getting them, if that's what they'll do.

I really admire your patience. I am only at 23 months, and I want these off SO bad. Now that he's done IPR on me, there's no way in hell I'm getting them off any sooner than June. The middle gap closed up within a week, but I still have 2 on either side that haven't closed up.

Patience, grasshopper... patience...

Your teeth are my inspiration! :D

elseegee64

#372 Post by elseegee64 »

Thank you for your story and pictures! Your experience is helping me, since I just got braced. I know my ortho said something about elastics to move uppers back and move my lowers down and over. I'll know more when I go back in a week and a half.

HeyBuckey!

#373 Post by HeyBuckey! »

I'm gonna comment but I have to give you all an update...You're not going to believe this!

THE GAP IS CLOSED!

I realized it this morning! :huh: I'm not sure if I should be pissed off or happy so I'll be happy because the thorn is gone!!!

Anywho,

Hey Ellebraced

LOL!!! The anxiety is way more than I want to deal with right now. I have nothing to put my energy into except work, it's kind of working but then I get mad because I'll talk and my mouth will get dry and my brackets will rub the inside of my mouth and I'll be angry all over again. :P I'll put my smiley face back on though because you are right, April isn't that far away and who cares if the gift is late?! I'm not gonna turn it down! With my new found dilemma behind me maybe they'll come off sooner!

Hahahaha!!! You're the greatest Catgyrl!

I thought it looked kind of like a bridge of some sort...Brooklyn Bridge maybe? The double chains are supposed to close the gaps and I think they've done their job! Aw!!! I feel for you! I thought about IPR but maybe I'll rethink it if they'll try to keep me confined in this hell of a metal cell. :-P I'm gonna hang on a little longer. In the meantime I'll long to not have ulcers or food stuck between my powerchains...

Patience to you too my friend! Hopefully your gaps will close soon!

Elseegee64,

No problem! I'm very glad I could help! Good luck with the elastics! Are you getting them soon? You're jaws shift very quickly with them. My gaps seemed to close quicker with the aid of elastics. They hurt but are my second favorite part of treatment next to powerchains.
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

kmluvgod

#374 Post by kmluvgod »

You're smile is beautiful!!!

HeyBuckey!

#375 Post by HeyBuckey! »

I know I'm late in my response but, thank you kmluvgod!!!

I'm less than a week away from my next appointment. I'm really hoping that since the gap has finally decided to close that my Orthodontist will be working to get these babies properly inline and off eventually! Hopefully that'll be sooner than later!

On another note, one of my co-workers recently got braces! I'm so excited for her! So altogether that makes 3 people in my department that have braces!!! I'm no longer a lone Ranger! But...I'll be jumping off the bandwagon pretty soon so that doesn't really do much for them. :?

Oh well!!! I've served my time...and thensome for that matter...
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009