HeyBuckey!'s Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: HeyBuckey!'s Story

#331 Post by HeyBuckey! »

You are in for a treat! I thought that movie was going to be boring so I put off watching it for a while. Now I have egg on my face because it was really good! I think the preview that I saw made it "seem" boring...

No problem! If I'm not mistaken, kelly green is what I had on my teeth last month. It looks kind of dark but when they're on your brackets they look lighter. The Screaming Green will be super awesome. I say do it!!! Isn't that the same color the light blue power chain turned?

You'll be glad to know, I have not stuck my tongue in my gap, (well except for one time today accidentally.) On the positive side, I think the gap really is closing now that I've heard what you said. :-D
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

HeyBuckey!

#332 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Oh my goodness!!! It's like day 1 all over again. I have an ulcer on my tongue from the hooks on my molar bands. :| I'm not a happy camper right now... :soremouth:
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#333 Post by HeyBuckey! »

I was thinking, maybe I should get some gum conturing and crown lengthening once my braces are off.

I don't know why but I have this strange desire for long teeth.

Having even gums would make me happy too! :D
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

catgyrl

#334 Post by catgyrl »

I think your gums and teeth look truly FABULOUS! I don't think you need any type of gum contouring or tooth lengthening. In my eyes, other than that pesky little gap, your braces could come off today; they look that great. :D

-Cathy

P.S. I got a BLUE chain!! I just lovelovelove it!

HeyBuckey!

#335 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey ya'll!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post! I've been sick (and still am sick) and may have a stress fracture on my left leg. :(

But! I've brought pictures because I just had an adjustment insert oohs and aahs here. :P

Smile Pretty!

Bite...Oooh la la!

Right side

Left side

Lowers

Image Image

Upper comparison...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully at my next adjustment I'll have a debanding date!

The gap is slowly but surely closing thanks to Cathy's tip on keeping my tongue out of the blank space :P and because I try my very best to wear my elastics FAITHFULLY! I don't know about anyone else, but I really, really, really want these things off in January...

Cathy, YOU ARE AWESOME! Thanks so much about the long teeth short gums chat! And I love your blue chain. It's so Caribbean! :D

Well...Goodnight!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

Beauty is Pain

#336 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey Buckey! Haven't commented in a looong time. Oh no! Stress fracture, those things are evil....I had a suspected one, thankfully, turned out to not be. Back to the topic, your teeth look <gasps> A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I am jealous now :P hehe wow wow wow, I am in love with your arches and the bite. In a mere few weeks time, I sense a debracing date!!!! :) :tingrin:

HeyBuckey!

#337 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey BiP!!!

Understood. I just came from an 8 almost 9 day break. :D I'm trying not to obsess and I think the cold and leg scare took care some of that for me. :P

I learned that if it is a stress fracture, they can't detect it on an x-ray and sometimes not even by mri which is really lame. I'm still having leg pain but I'm a little more mobile now. I stopped babying my leg because I need to use it and I got sick of the stupid brace they gave me. It didn't do anything as it was.

Anywho!!! Thank you!!! I really really really hope that is the case! I keep measuring the final gap (with a mirror and not my tongue :P) to see it's progress. It's closed quite a bit more I think. But it of course depends on what my Ortho wants to do. I'm hoping if there is any additional tweeking that needs to be done that it can be done with this last month.

Goodnight Ya'll!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#338 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hello!!!

So I have another Ortho appointment in a week and my gap has closed even more, but it hasn't closed enough. I'll probably be metalling it out until February, but I think I'm ok with that. I rather have a great carefully considered grill rather than trying to make it quick and rushing the process.

After a while...you just have to submit... :P BUT! There's no telling what they'll want to do to my mouth next week, and I'm quite excited to see it all come together!

Until next time!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#339 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Ya'll!

Ok, so I'm gonna make this one quick. I'm not feeling well AGAIN and I just drank some Thera-Flu. Unbelieveably I really do think I could fall asleep standing up with this stuff...

Anywho

Smile Pretty!!!

Right

Left

Lowers

Uppers - The gap is FOR SURE closing!!!

AND!!!

Bite.

My Ortho elaborated on what a sizing issue is. My lateral incisor on the upper left is a little...well...small. So when it's time to get the braces off I'll HAVE to have some bonding done.

And I really thought I was finished giving people money for my mouth. Hopefully this won't be too expensive.

In the mean time my Ortho chained my lowers and Upper left canine to my back molar and I'll have some space between the canine and my lateral incisor. Just a little I hope. The upper left molars are in their proper place and she couldn't fool with them because that would just jack up my midline all over again...Anywho, my arms are going numb...I think I should go to bed like 30 mins ago. :-P

Ciao!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

HeyBuckey!

#340 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Comparison Pics!!!

Image Image

The first is from November the second from this month.

It's closed quite a bit. Let's hope for full closure come January!!!

I've really thought about the bonding and...I don't think I want it done, but that could be me being picky. The reason I don't want it done is because it's just a quick fix to a problem and I'll have to get it fixed every 7-12 years. Maybe it'll last longer but I don't know. I hope someone can set me at ease for this. Also, I don't see why in the world I'd possibly spend $250 (per tooth may I add) or more for something that isn't even and inch wide and that probably won't take more than 15 minutes to do.

I'm really frugal and this makes absolutely no sense to my budget. I'm gonna ask my Ortho if there is another option. I'm also gonna call my dentist to see if they'd be willing to give me an amount for bonding to see if it will work. I'm so cheap I don't think this very minor procedure is worth even $50, but I'm willing to negotiate.

On a good note, my Tech said it looks like I'm just about finished! No debanding date yet but there is hope in her words!

I had the impression that once the 14th month came that these babies would be off but I had my timing wrong. It's at the END of the 14th month...not the beginning.

My next appointment is January 12, 2012 (weird!) so we'll just have to wait and see what happens then! In the meantime I'm gonna brush, floss, proxy brush and whatever else makes my teeth happy!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

chocolate1978

#341 Post by chocolate1978 »

Hey lady, I love following your story. You are my inspiration. Anyway, sorry that the space is taking forever to close. I have not had any problems getting any of my spaces to close. On the upper my ortho used a T loop which I HATED due to it's ugliness but it's out now and the gaps are miniscule, less than a mm. They were closed completely, but once we took out the loop they opened up ever so slightly. On the bottom we were using coil springs which also work nicely but make it difficult to floss. Maybe they can try a T loop? Just a suggestion, Dr. Tam has talked about it on here and you can see what it looks like on my page.

Hope they come out soon. Mine are due to be out in 7 months. Only problem now is we don't have room left to go back and I still have quite an overbite even though my overjet is like 95% improved. My bottom teeth are now too far back, but we also filed them before we extracted so that's created problems. My appt is in one week, and we shall see how to progress. Good luck and keep us updated.
Chocomorsel/Chocolate1978
Here's my braces story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37838

HeyBuckey!

#342 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Choco!!!

Thank you soooooo much! I appreciate it tremendously! Especially now when things are not going fast enough and my patience is wearing thin. :-P I think I will ask my Ortho about T Loops at my next appointment. My gaps is almost closed though! :jump: I couldn't be happier right now and I check on it's progress just about every day.

I'm actually surprised your Ortho had both your uppers and lowers extracted since you had an overjet. But I'm no professional. :-P They're pretty creative with how they work things out. Had you considered surgery to get you're upper and lower bite properly aligned and pulled back a little? If there is no more space that could be an option (although not a very pleasant one.) I hope you're appointment went well!!!
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009

chocolate1978

#343 Post by chocolate1978 »

Nope, no way, no surgery for me. I think we can do some IPR and pull the uppers back more. We can also pull the lowers forward a bit. I will be OK with a slight overbite though when this is all done as long as the angle is straight on both maxilla and mandible.

We initially started with just pulling the uppers and 6-7 months into it, I did not see the results I wanted to my profile. At that time he was done with retracting the uppers and was starting to pull them forward to finish closing the extraction gaps and I was still really protrusive so I suggested we go ahead and pull the lowers as well and really push them back in. He agreed with me in that if I wanted more of a flatter profile to go ahead then. I had "bimaxillary protrusion" not just an overjet, so both sets of teeth were angled forward.

Anyway glad your spaces are closing up. Bet they will be out by the summer which is good considering you went like 6 months or so without seeing an ortho due to your move.

I have 7 months because then I am moving out of state. I told my ortho this from day one though so we've been working on a tight schedule the whole time.

Happy new year BTW. What are your resolutions? Lose weight, haha. Being silly. I have managed to put on 5lbs in the last two years and wouldn't mind 5 more. Like you I am a lightweight too. Think I will get into yoga to de-stress and tone up though.
Chocomorsel/Chocolate1978
Here's my braces story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37838

nessness

#344 Post by nessness »

HeyBuckey! Or should I say buckey no more?

Your teeth look amazing, i had similar overjet issues I'm pretty much in the same stage as you now, probably a few steps behind just waiting for these top spaces to close and the bottoms are all closed. These top ones are pretty stubborn though, hoping they're closed at least by march/April when I reach the two year mark :?

Love reading about your story though, I'm actually more excited about seeing your debracing than my own, that's gonna be one Hollywood smile!!
Keep us updated lovely, always a pleasure to see your progress :D

HeyBuckey!

#345 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Hey Choco!

It sounds like you know your stuff! Either way your results are going to be amazing. :-) I just have a flat out overjet. It came from sucking my thumb up until I was a teenager. :( I think I'm gonna ask about IPR instead of getting bonding. My front teeth are pretty wide. They could use a little slimming. :-P I wonder how my Ortho would feel about that...

My hope is that they'll be off in February, by then I would be 29 months into treatment. But of course only if things are going according to my Ortho's plan.

Those 7 months hopefully fly by for you. You got your braces in May or June of 2010 was it? As long as your Ortho knows. I dropped the bomb on mine a month before I left. So much for a fair warning right? But everything worked out.

Happy New Year too you too!!! Resolutions...hmmm...gaining 5 lbs would be great, but we'll see how that one goes, it would almost be a miracle if I gained 5 lbs. :lol: Next year I think my main resolution is to go to New York for New Years. I know that is gonna take some serious planning but that would beat watching movies and babysitting my dog at home like I did this year.

The yoga sounds good. It sounds really relaxing. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who was desperately trying to keep the weight on when I first got these braces. :-P I'm like "I can't afford to lose another pound!" Did you have a good New Year's Eve?
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Molar banded 11/16/2009