Elastics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lucy

Elastics

#1 Post by Lucy »

Hi all
I'm wearing elastics for two months now and am due to go to the orthodontist next week. How many months do they normally make people wear the elastics for? Mine are from the inside of the bottom teeth to the top front of the upper ones.

Lucy

Answer to my Question!

#2 Post by Lucy »

I can now answer my own question. I went to the orthodontist and he stopped me wearing those elastics and told me to wear other ones on different teeth. In my case I wear the elastics until they do what the orthodontist wants them to do which was 8 weeks the last time. This time I have to wear 4 elastics that including a cross elastic for about 6 weeks and he will review the situation then.

kander

elastics

#3 Post by kander »

hi lucy,
just saw your post. i have been braced 1 month now. no elastics yet but have heard i will be getting them. how are they?

i am still getting used to my braces. ceramics top and bottom not to mention bite button.

i am dreading elastics. seems like it would make talking even harder.

pls any info would be appreciated and good luck to you.
braces on 2/2/05
ceramic top and bottom
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

yankee boy

#4 Post by yankee boy »

Well I just got my Elastics 1 week ago...I have seen a bit of change in my teeth. They are now touching in all places tops and bottoms. I have to wear em for about 6 weeks. Im assuming once you get elastics that means your nearing end of treatment?? My teeth are looking so..........good. Only if i had a scanner I would show you guys. :wink: O ya Im new here and My name is Daniel hi to everyone.

Lucy

#5 Post by Lucy »

Hi guys,
I am writing again about elastics. I am wearing the cross elastic which is accross my mouth for nearly a week now. It was such a nightmare to begin with. Talk about sleepless nights! My front teeth were so sensitive and my mouth was so sore with it. Now its totally different. Some how my mouth is after getting used to it and I have adjusted to it. It no longer hurts me. I try to wear it as much as I can because if not my front teeth ache a little again. Just 5 more weeks to wear it and then that will be it for that elastic I hope. Elastics are ok but they cause even more food traps so I always wash my teeth straight after so the decaying process won't set it. Good luck to all you elastic wearers!

johnnys_angel

#6 Post by johnnys_angel »

Hi everyone :D ( this smilie should have braces lol )!! I've had one elastic on the left side of my mouth for several months, and just today I got another one added on the right side of my mouth, but in a triangle position....I personally don't think they're too bad, but they feel kinda funny at first!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05: