The never ending story of Clo's braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wearetheborg

#121 Post by wearetheborg »

rhomboid wrote:Your case appears to be the most extreme professional ineptitude that I can possibly imagine; however your tenacity and courage is absolutely incredible. I wish that there was something that I could do for you other than encourage you to regroup and continue. You seem wonderful, God Bless you and best of luck.
+1

Clo, I just read this thread, getting more and more horrified by the post. I'd like to say I would have handled the situation as well as you, but I know I would not have. Your research, often surprassing the othos' research is amazing.

I sincerely hope this story has a happy ending, or at least an OK ending. While this thread is great, your story is too stunning to be relegated to a thread. Have you considered (or do you have) a website/blog where you detail your treatment? Maybe also put up your xrays up so that some ortho somewhere gets interested and suggest a course of action? That is, if you decide not to go in for ortho treatment now from the 4th ortho.
Maybe not today, but even say 3-4 years from now some brilliant ortho might come across it. Your story is such that it will not be, it cannot be forgotten!

jenniebaby

#122 Post by jenniebaby »

I have finally finished reading your entire story. I am amazed at your ability to stick through all of this without completely losing it. I don't know if I could handle everything so well. My only question is, why didn't you sue the first doctor you had? If that happened to me I would have been on the phone to my lawyer so fast. Its one thing to not be able to finish a treatment, but to create problems that weren't there to begin with.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope this can be sorted out.
BRACED: July 27th 2010
Overjet 8mm, crowding, small arches...Sugery to Come......

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/
[/url]

My Braces Story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=36186
____________TO GIVE IS PRICELESS__________

Clo

#123 Post by Clo »

No news (yet) but
I wanted to say thanks to all for writing these nice words here.

tori*anne

#124 Post by tori*anne »

Wow Clo..what a story! And what a long strange trip it's been for you! Your story is so compelling, I just read all 9 pages of this this topic...
Best of luck to you in your journey... keep striving for those perfect teeth!
Seps: 11/5/09
Top Braces: 11/12/09
TPA: 12/16/09
Bottom: 7/6/10

Kipepeo

Re: The never ending story of Clo's braces

#125 Post by Kipepeo »

Clo, I wanted to say how truly sorry I am this happened to you, and how impressed I am with your attitude.

I don't know how I stumbled onto your story, but I was compelled to read all 9 pages. Like you in the beginning, I have a slight open bite, so when yours started opening up, and then all the heartache you went through, I started getting scared this could happen to me.

Then someone else had posted a similar thing had happened to them. Recently, one side of my molars has been hitting really high, and for 2 weeks I panicked and stressed over what to do.

My next appt isn't for another 5 weeks, and I was so afraid to wait that long to bring up my concerns.

So I went in today for a look see. He was glad I brought it to his attention, and doesn't feel anything is out of line. I told him all about your story and how it scared me and brought me in. For me I take comfort in knowing that he now knows I'm aware something like that can happen.

I thank you for courageously posting your story, with pictures. It educated me and allows me to be a better informed patient.

Thank you again, and I hope you are doing well, and will actually see this.

Angel269

#126 Post by Angel269 »

I came across your story and couldn't believe your ordeal.

I really admire your perseverance and hope that your treatment is very soon heading in the right direction.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Ellabelle

#127 Post by Ellabelle »

Oh my goodness, what a story. You are truly a trooper. Please keep us updated!

iBorg

#128 Post by iBorg »

Clo was braced before me. His adventures/misadventures reflect what a lot of us went through in the 70's and had to have reversed. One thing to be aware of, Clo last visited the site in January.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

illay

#129 Post by illay »

i wonder what happened to Clo...wish her the best

Clo

#130 Post by Clo »

It is heartwarming to still receive some posts now and then after such a long time.
Thank you all !!

@Kipepeo : after all the issues I experienced, I can say it is good that when you notice something is going really wrong, you can tell this to your orthodontist knowing he/she will take matters seriously. Now it is not necessary to panick right away. That is why an ortho is seeing you on a regular basis. When things go wrong, this is only happening some weeks max and that is not so bad and very easily corrected. No or only a very small amount of harm is done. What I experienced was like driving into the wrong direction and stubbornly keeping doing so. I wonder what your ortho thought when you told him about my case.

@iBorg : great to see you here after such a long time. Yes, I still chime in from time to time. I still think this is just such a great site and being here filled me always with enjoyment and offered real compensation for the bad treatment I was getting.

@illay : well I continued my life with teeth that still look great, but function not that great. I manage, but to this very day I wish I could get a better bite. From time to time my molars hurt because when I bite down, only 1 set of molars on each side touch. That is not good for those molars and this unbalanced bite makes my jaw joints hurt now and then. But you know, I still have those bone anchors and maybe once there will be a day that I'll try again. A significant intrusion of my molars like I read here some members did get successfully would improve my bite a lot.

Kipepeo

#131 Post by Kipepeo »

Clo, I'm SO glad to hear from you. I'm glad you have found some peace in your status, and again, I applaud your positive attitude. You are amazing!

My ortho understood my concern. He actually really examined my bite that day, inspecting each area I was concerned about. He even thanked me for bringing it to his attention. I told him I should send him a link to your story. I still will when I know where to send it.

And ever since I read your story, several others have come forward recently with similar concerns. It's real, and while your ortho is a trained professional, adverse things can happen. We, as patients, shouldn't feel embarrassed or uncomfortable bringing these concerns to his/her attention.

Your story has and will continue to help others. All the best to you, and don't be a stranger!

Dee17

#132 Post by Dee17 »

My goodness what a saga! I don't think many people could endure what you were forced to put up with. I think your first orthodontist should be grateful that you didn't sue her. It sure sounds like it would have been tempting to do just that. Keep us posted on how things are going for you. Best of luck to you!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

illay

#133 Post by illay »

Hi Clo, it's nice to see you answer our questions ! :)
Will it be okay for the TAD to be in your mouth that long? (i hope it's okay !)
New year will come soon, i hope in the new year you will also get new spirit to struggle again..
Hope all your wish to have normal bite will be granted by God.

And i will really want to hear Kipeopo orthodontist's opinion about your case...

Happy Sunday, Clo :)

mbranc02

#134 Post by mbranc02 »

Oh my goodness...this is a very sad tale! I'm about to embark on attempt 3 to fix my open bite and I'm terrified. I hope my ortho is one of the able ones... We're starting with TADS and back bands, then, after 6 mos, he will brace me if he's seeing progress. Praying for progress...not sure I can afford jaw surgery (nor am I sure it would work). Thank you for sharing your story, Clo!

zsofika

#135 Post by zsofika »

Hi!
I'm a newbie on this forum, and just before getting braces. Hope my traetment will be more simple than Clo's. By the way what is the actual situation with your braces Clo? Did they came off? Hope that the result of all the efforts you made is a wonderful smile!