I'm Sarah

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah NZ

I'm Sarah

#1 Post by Sarah NZ »

Hi Guys,

I've had braces since a week before christmas, but only wire on the front teeth because some teeth had to be taken out, and needed to be done by a surgeon because they had hooks on the roots.

I had them taken out yesterday as well as my wisdom teeth (eight extractions all up!). My face is very swollen and I have never seen myself look so pale. But the surgeon and his staff were really nice which helped and the doctor even rang up to see how I was. Hows that for service!

But I'm trying to get through by thinking that now that the teeth have been extracted my teeth can really start getting straighter. And they are going to get striaght if it is the last thing I do :wink: !

I was quite impressed though because even before the extractions were done my teeth still moved a little.

I will be wearing braces approximately 21 months and having jaw surgery after 12 months. I was a bit worried about the jaw surgery but now I know I can survive getting eight teeth out at the same time, I can survive jaw surgery. I have quite a small upper jaw so they need to move the lower one back.

Next week I will be going back to my orthodontist to get wires on all my teeth and have an adjustment.

Bye for now

Sarah
Last edited by Sarah NZ on Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dodger(UK)

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi Sarah - welcome to the brace club :wink: I can symphasize with your extractions, for me it was one of the lowest points of my treatment. Not because of any pain or discomfort, but the feeling you have lost healthy teeth, that were just positioned poorly. Although compared to you, I got off lightly with just needing 4.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment. :)

#3 Post by Guest »

Well, Sarah, can't say that I know what you are going throuigh, but I can welcome you and wish you the best, which, I do. :D

Sarah NZ

#4 Post by Sarah NZ »

Thank you for writing Dodger and Attagirl.

I'm still very sleepy, but apparently I should be feeling a bit more normal tomorrow - heres hoping!

Bye
Sarah

Sarah NZ

rubber bands

#5 Post by Sarah NZ »

Well, yesterday I had my stitches out (boy those scissors were sharp and they got a bit to close for comfort!) and then I had my first adjustment at the orthodontist.

Wires were put across all my teeth and rubber bands put on to pull my top incisors across to fix my crowding on top.

When I woke up this morning I could almost cry, it hurt so much. Thank goodness for panadol!

But I know in the end this will be worth it. Well I'm trying to remember this any way!

I hope everyones treatment is going well.

Sarah

Sarah NZ

#6 Post by Sarah NZ »

Hello again

I had another adjustment on Wednesday. My teeth are moving slowly but surely. And my orthondontist was quite pleased. :D

On the bottom one of my teeth was jammed in quite badly. I now have a lovely gap forming but my orthodontist stil isn't quite able to put a bracket on it yet. Instead I have a coil (looks like a spring) over it.

On the top where I have a cross bit and lots of crowding there doesn't seem to be much movement, but my orthondonist was still pleased with how it was going. He gave me some smaller, stronger elastics to put on my incisors to move them across. Once they are moved across, he will be able to start moving my eye teeth out which sit behind ( in a cross bite).

So now I'm having to get used to the new pressure on my teeth with these smaller rubber bands. But I soon got used to the rubber bands last time, so I'm sure I will get used to them again. I just think their nasty little things. :evil:

The things we do for beauty!

bye for now.

Good luck to everyone with their treatments.

Sarah :P