Beth66 gets braced

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

beth1966

Beth66 gets braced

#1 Post by beth1966 »

Hi -

Figured I would start a diary on here about my journey, and will include some pictures along the way.

My story starts like many others - I had braces as a child. Began with 4 adult teeth extracted, palate expander and then 3 years in braces.

I had nice teeth for years and frankly never really paid them any mind. Time began to alter them some - but not that bad.

Fast forward to age 38, I was married and subsequently endured 7 months of an abusive marriage to a raging alcoholic which ended very quicky in divorce. (Live and learn.)

The stress after the marriage regarding various issues with my former husband is what we suspect either aggrivated or caused my the TMJD issues. I began to have an acheing jaw and never felt like my mouth could rest in a comfortable position. I visited various dentists all of whom had different opinions and treatment plans and cost crazy amounts of money because TMJD is not covered by insurance.

Soon my achey jaw turned into intense, daily pain, migraines, and a lot of tears. I went through a few repositioning splints, cracked one tooth that was subsequently root canaled but it still hurts me so it must be cracked further, and now have a horrendous open bite that makes eating/chewing, speaking and even swallowing sometimes difficult.

Last October my life began to calm down. The threat and fear of my former husband was no longer a factor and I met someone who has helped me in more ways then I can explain - and my jaw pain substantially subsided.

So now i am ready to close my open bite and straighten my teeth. I have found a fantastic ortho - so my journey begins. First I will have the one fractured tooth i mentioned above removed. Others have recommended having all 4 wisdom teeth (that are totally erupted) removed as well but this ortho believes they should stay, for now - but it is possible down the road they may need to come out.

Next week is the extraction, May 1 i get my separators and May 10 I get braced. I will have ceramic, In-vu braces.

Here are a few pics of my lovely open bite - and one of my smile. 8)

Picture worked - that is me with my mouth shut - so you can see the open bite. Here are more shots;

My smile;

To be continued!