Joe's Story 2nd time around

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joedenhart

Joe's Story 2nd time around

#1 Postby joedenhart » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:39 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to add my story to this fantastic website!
I am 22 and have just started my 2nd round of treatment.
When I was 12 I had treatment until I was around 14 with expanders, a twin block which was the worst part and metal braces followed by retainers which I wore for a couple of years at night.
I was very happy with the end result and thats where I thought it ended but in the last year I have noticed that my teeth are starting to move back to their original positions and it was too late for my retainers to fit.
So this February I found a new ortho as I had moved away from my last one and went for a consult.
I was told I would need upper braces to straighten the teeth which I suspected. I also asked whether he could straighten my bottom teeth also as I could see them starting to go like the top ones at current they aren't that bad but I would rather so it out now while I am still young.
The treatment time is about 9 months with clarity braces and after that a bonded retainer followed by the removable ones.

Because I knew someone that had already had treatment with them and was very happy I called up the next day to start, to my surprise I was fitted in the next week to have my uppers braced (he didn't see the point in doing the lowers quite yet)

Below is a pic three weeks after the fitting:

So far I haven't had too much trouble pain wise nor with eating apart from the first week or so. I have used up two boxes of wax so far!
I'm quite self conscious so I'm glad that they are really hard to notice when I am talking normally unless I smile or laugh, its my bottom teeth that are more on show.

Thanks for reading!
Joe

browneyedgrl

#2 Postby browneyedgrl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Joe,

Welcome to AW! I'm a second timer too and everyone here is so supportive!

Good luck with your journey and keep us posted!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Return to “Our Braces Stories”