kjw1214's journey,Full banding date, new pics btm pg 1!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kjw1214

kjw1214's journey,Full banding date, new pics btm pg 1!!!!

#1 Post by kjw1214 »

So, I should introduce myself before I start dragging you into my life quest for perfect teeth. I am 22 years old (female my name doesnt give away much), about to graduate in December with my Bachelors in psychology and then after that onto my masters and one day my LP! YAY! I have a boyfriend of 6 years, and we live together with one cat who thinks its human! It watches t.v. and all! I work full time 40hrs a week and right now am taking 18 hours, and if you dont know thats a ton of things to do all at once, and I began my braced journey on December 12, 2007!

Lets see, I had all four wisdom teeth extracted plus the tooth directly behind my left canine all in one day in November 2007, that was interesting and easily the most painful thing I have ever ELECTED to do! See before then I had NEVER been to a dentist, my parents could not afford anything, so I turned 21 and they said go for it and we will pay for it YES!!!! So i got that done and healed.

So then I had a huge hole, lol still do, and am only braced partially, on the left side from my canine back. At my last adjustment i recieved a power chain from my canine to the remaining molar back there to close the gap faster. I also have a nance! YAY! I cant wait to get fully braced... other than my out standing canine my teeth were pretty much ok.

I always was envious of all my friends who had perfect teeth, and I never saw myself doing this, but here I AM!!! And I cant wait to get to where most of you are! I cant wait to be able to smile and not try to hide my teeth! :)
Last edited by kjw1214 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
December 12, 2007- Paritally Braced, left canine back in all two brackets, nance and both bands.
Feb 4, 2008 First "adjustment" and first power chain!
March 26, 2008 Second adjustment, new power chain and wire and a full banding date. Seven weeks!
May 12 2008-----Full Banding Date!!!

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

oooh welcome !! Congrats on having your parents pay for it! Yeah electing to have teeth yanked out of our heads sounds crazy right? Well as soon as you know it, your teeth will be lookin fantastic! Can't wait to follow along!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

kjw1214

#3 Post by kjw1214 »

OK so my canine is strictly refusing to move with power chain! AHHH i am so frustrated with the situation as i dont get fully braced until it moves!!! YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! i wish it would move, making me sad... heres some pics of my predicament.

This is view of my top, you can see nance up there.... missing tooth....

Side View... partials.... yep

Full mouth!!

December 12, 2007- Paritally Braced, left canine back in all two brackets, nance and both bands.
March 26, 2008 Second adjustment, new power chain and wire and a full banding date. Seven weeks!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm sure it will soon get moving. Canines have long roots and it might take a while to get going. How are you coping with your Nance? I've had one for 18 months now and first I wanted to rip it out on a daily basis, but I've made friends with it now, and I think I'll miss it once it's gone!

Good luck with that canine getting started on its journey back, especially if that means you get the rest of your braces put on.

kjw1214

#5 Post by kjw1214 »

Nance was no fun at first, hard to swallow and just overall no fun with eating, but am used to it now! Thanks for all the speedy wishes.. i wish speed too lol!!! I cant wait for it to move!!

kjw1214

Nasty woman

#6 Post by kjw1214 »

SOOOO!! Had to go into ortho's office because my cainine FINALLY moved and the partial wire in the front was growing outward... and it was not pleasing to look at or to feel. So i made my case and had an appointment. I went in, and that woman that fixed my wire, was not nice... which is odd Because EVERYONE in that office is VERY nice at all times. And she kept pinching me and being rude to me about the wire... and then she just walked off. I was kind of confused and asked her if she was done and she said "YES".... I thanked her and walked out... bummer....! But my next real adjustment is on the 26th of march and i get a bigger wire.. yay! Toodles.

SGPWired

#7 Post by SGPWired »

Here's to your movement. :-88

LynB

#8 Post by LynB »

kjw1214,

If you can handle the wisdom teeth surgery, The rest will be a breeze, I had a horrible wisdom teeth surgery also :soremouth: And I am not letting this appliance defeat me. Good Luck on your journey.

LynB

kjw1214

#9 Post by kjw1214 »

Yay New hardware finally
This is the canine finally going back into place... yay
This is what it looked like two months ago or so.
And this is my new hardware they put on this morning!!!!
As you can see the power chain is stretched to ultimate capacity which is super comfortable.. not.. lol I also got a newer stronger wire.. yay.. so...
And he made me so happy when he said and I quote
"We are going to be moving on to the next phase for you!!!"
That means I will FINALLY be fully braced uppers and lowers not partail like I have been! I am so excited to get this show on the road you have no idea, having partial braces is like a teaser lol....
So in six weeks I go back for full molds again, and then the week after I get uppers and lowers metal all at once! YAY!! Seven week countdown begins now... I AM SO EXCITED... I will finally be one with everyone else here lol.. till then

LynB

#10 Post by LynB »

:-1 Hi kjw1214:

Looks like you have been having a rough start :evil: . You will be ok looks like they are finally getting that tooth to move. I am glad your B-Day is coming.

My B-Day is 3/28/08 Friday and I am very excited to know I will finally be braced :tingrin: I will upload pic's and tell my experience. Check back after Friday.

LynB

kjw1214

#11 Post by kjw1214 »

Oh that is so exciting, good luck tom with your b-day. I cannot WAIT until may 12 which is my official full banding date lol. It is like waiting for a child or something, so exciting.

So far this adjustment is VERY painful but i can see movement already overnight which is crazy!

Thanks for all the good wishes! I cant wait to see it myself and see your pics of your banind date! Good luck!